R&AINC

Visa Interview gone wrong

74 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I am really disappointed and sad that after 3 years of fighting against the distance, the circumstances, and this visa process, it all came down to this shitty day. There is a person which likes to play god, and decide for you if you can be happy and sad for the rest of your life.

A person that detached from the real word by a glass wall, is able to destroy lives with a smile in the face.

I have been preparing for this interview for the las 9 months, and since my situation is a little complex( I lived in the usa before), I had to submit also extra documentation showing that I had been in legal status while in the USA. Well not only I was in legal status while in the usa, but I also drop thousand and thousand of dollars to get a degree from an american school. Moreover, since I also worked legally, I paid taxes to the us government for 4 years.

This interview is for a K-1 visa, which is supposed to be a visa for people that love each other. Nevertheless not even one question was asked about the relationship. Maybe the person playing God had already decided maybe not, but the simple fact that I am doing this the legal way, should give me credit instead of making me feel that I am a liar.

I do not go into details, because it upsets me only to think about it. I left upset, but not because I could be denied for a visa, not because I felt so humiliated by the wannabe god, and not even because I may not be able to go to the USA. I do not care about those things. I do not give a ###### about them. But the sole idea of having to tell my love that we cannot be together because the visa maybe be denied, is just eating me inside my brain and my heart. I called her and told her how it went and she started crying... and I cannot take that. My love should only cry of happiness because I can be with her. YOu can only understand this feeling if you love someone. But a wannabe GOD was not in the mood today to make me and my love happy.

They just gave me a green paper and said that they do not know how long it will take. They also said" If i were you I would not book a flight yet" The only positive thing is that they kept my passport..... what a ###### day

ticker.png

ticker.png

ticker.png

ticker.png

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
they would not have kept your passport if you were outright denied....

:thumbs: it sounds more like additional processing "AP", like they are needing more time to verify documents. hang in there, and never give up.

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I am really disappointed and sad that after 3 years of fighting against the distance, the circumstances, and this visa process, it all came down to this shitty day. There is a person which likes to play god, and decide for you if you can be happy and sad for the rest of your life.

A person that detached from the real word by a glass wall, is able to destroy lives with a smile in the face.

I have been preparing for this interview for the las 9 months, and since my situation is a little complex( I lived in the usa before), I had to submit also extra documentation showing that I had been in legal status while in the USA. Well not only I was in legal status while in the usa, but I also drop thousand and thousand of dollars to get a degree from an american school. Moreover, since I also worked legally, I paid taxes to the us government for 4 years.

This interview is for a K-1 visa, which is supposed to be a visa for people that love each other. Nevertheless not even one question was asked about the relationship. Maybe the person playing God had already decided maybe not, but the simple fact that I am doing this the legal way, should give me credit instead of making me feel that I am a liar.

I do not go into details, because it upsets me only to think about it. I left upset, but not because I could be denied for a visa, not because I felt so humiliated by the wannabe god, and not even because I may not be able to go to the USA. I do not care about those things. I do not give a ###### about them. But the sole idea of having to tell my love that we cannot be together because the visa maybe be denied, is just eating me inside my brain and my heart. I called her and told her how it went and she started crying... and I cannot take that. My love should only cry of happiness because I can be with her. YOu can only understand this feeling if you love someone. But a wannabe GOD was not in the mood today to make me and my love happy.

They just gave me a green paper and said that they do not know how long it will take. They also said" If i were you I would not book a flight yet" The only positive thing is that they kept my passport..... what a ###### day

that is not a denial it sounds like a AP/AR , just hang in there and wait little more , i m sure u will here good new soon , best of luck

USCIS JOURNEY

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2009-03-21

I-130 Sent : 2009-05-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-06-03

I-130 Approved : 2009-08-25 ALHAMDULILLAH ALLAH IS GREATEST

I-130 NOA2 hard copy: 2009-08-29

NVC JOURNEY

NVC Received/case number assigned : 2009-09-04

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-09-11

Pay I-864 Bill 2009-09-11 (online)

Receive I-864 Package : 2009-09-14

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-09-15

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-09-12 (by email)

DS-3032 accepted : 2009-09-26

Receive IV Bill : 2009-09-26

Pay IV Bill : 2009-09-26

Receive Instruction Package : 2009-09-29

Login Failed : 2009-10-26

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-10-27

NVC Left : 2009-10-28

Interview date : 2009-12-16 APPROVED ALHAMDULILLAH

Visa Received : 2009-12-24

Port of Entry (Houston):2010-01-28 VerySmooth ALHAMDULILLAH

Welcome notice arrived:2010-02-16

Green Card Arrived : 2010-02-25

Removal of Conditions

I-751 Package sent to VSC : 2011-12-03

NOA1 received : 2011-12-23

Yes I agree with everyone else, if they kept your passport that is a good thing. They may just doing some additional processing, keep your chin up, you've come this far. Take care and I will say a pray for you both.

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

I always say that the last thing that a person should loose is hope. I agree with the rest. It all seems to be AP. The fact that they kept your passport is a good sign. Of course....they told you not to book a flight yet because there is not an exact time for AP to run its course.

Please hang in there.

PEACE..................

When you love someone from the bottom of your heart; so much that you are willing to give your life for your loved one, time and distance takes a backseat. Only love prevails. And with love in you hearts you can overcome anything.

January 21, 2010 - Submitted AOS

January 25, 2010 - Cory received her SSN

March 9, 2010 - Received appointment for biometrics - will be on March 18

March 18, 2010 - Biometrics done

March 19, 2010 - Touches on I-485 and I-765

March 25, 2010 - Advance Parole approved..received on April 1 in the mail

March 29, 2010 - I-485 notice date, received on April 4, 2010

May 3, 2010 - EAD approved

May 5, 2010 - Date interview....approved

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Thank you all for your support.

The reason that they kept the passport is good to a certain point.

The fact is that they may be depriving me from my passport for who knows how long. It will be for sure irresponsible, but maybe also illegal for them to keep my passport, which they do not have jurisdiction over.

Therefore I am thinking that they just wanted to be overcautious, but it was more a yes than a no so that is why they kept the passport.

I guess not everybody can....

ticker.png

ticker.png

ticker.png

ticker.png

Um, what?

They are not "depriving" you of your passport. In order to issue you a visa, your passport must be in their possession. If they intended to deny you a visa, they would not have kept your passport; as you correctly stated, they have no "jurisdiction" over it.

So, the fact that the US consulate held onto your passport can only be a good thing. It means that unless some problem emerges in the administrative review, they will (in all likelihood) issue your visa. In the meantime, carefully study the paper you were given and follow any instructions on it. If anything is unclear, post about it here for advice.

Good luck!

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

To The OP: You seem to be very angry and bitter toward The United States. That person at the embassy is not playing God;just doing their job of determining your eligibility to enter. Once you enter the US, you will have more rights than almost anywhere in the world. Right now, you only have the right to apply. They are not depriving you of your passport. It appears that they are holding it as they always do in anticipation of issuing your visa. What else do you want. For your and your fiancee's sake. Put away your bitterness.

Edited by keithNvaleria

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

my prayers are with u .........u really need to think positive they kept ur passport they dont do that if its an out and out denial.........i know its not easy to not get a flat ur approved.......i agree with the others that its A.P.

sara

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

My friend, you need to calm the f***k down. Sorry to have to talk to you this way, but some people need a slap in the face every once in a while to wake them up. You have not been denied (not as of yet anyway). As everyone else hase stated before me, the fact that they kept your passport is a good sign.

Stop victimizing yourself. And by the way, don't blame the Consul for making your Fiance cry whe you told her the news. It was YOUR RESPONISIBILITY as a MAN to make her see that this is a good thing. If this is how you're going to act everytime you hit a bump in the road, I would hate to be the one by your side.

My friend, you need to calm the f***k down. Sorry to have to talk to you this way, but some people need a slap in the face every once in a while to wake them up. You have not been denied (not as of yet anyway). As everyone else hase stated before me, the fact that they kept your passport is a good sign.

Stop victimizing yourself. And by the way, don't blame the Consul for making your Fiance cry whe you told her the news. It was YOUR RESPONISIBILITY as a MAN to make her see that this is a good thing. If this is how you're going to act everytime you hit a bump in the road, I would hate to be the one by your side.

Couldnt agree with you more.

09/20/2009 (Day 01): N-400 Mailed to Lewisville, TX (Express Mail with Delivery Confirmation)

09/22/2009 (Day 03): N-400 Delivered @ Lewisville, TX @ 9:30am

09/24/2009 (Day 05): Check Cleared

09/28/2009 (Day 08): NOA Received (Priority Date: 09/24/2009)

10/30/2009 (Day 40): (FP Notice Received (scheduled for 11/17/2009)

10/30/2009 (Day 40): (FP done via walk-in on 10/30/2009)

11-07-2009 (Day 48): Touched online for "testing & interview"

11/09/2009 (Day 50): Interview Letter Received

12/10/2009 (Day 81): Interview Date @ 12:30pm (re-scheduled for Dec 21 @ 12:30pm)

02/03/2010 (Day 137): Oath

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Agreed, if you were denied they would have given you the paper saying you are denied and it would indicate what you were denied for. They kept your passport, that's a good thing. Have your fiance e-mail the embassy or call them and ask if there is anything else that can be provided or that you guys need to do.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

IMO - wait a few days - then have the USC call the DOS call center, ask for status.

Ask for CURRENT STATUS, with the date/time stamp, AND

the last 3 status items, with the date/time stamps, as well.

It smells like they weren't through with the namecheck.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.