R&AINC

Visa Interview gone wrong

74 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
You are under AP buddy.I went to school in the US as well and was on F-1,graduated from CUNY.My interview was pretty rough also but i didn't mind questioning and answered all CO's questions with confidence and honestly.I was placed under AP and its been over 90 days now i was very happy when CO asked if he could keep my passport i said sure i aint going nowhere :) so fellow Vjer think positive and hang in there you will get ur passport in no time...Good Luck.

I cannot afford to have my passport taken for 90 days. Due to my job and family(parents) I need to travel( I already know that once I am there I cannot trevel for about 3 months anyway). Seriously what comes comes and I think positive, but this does not change the fact.

You call it rogue. I call it disrespectful.

Good luck to you and I hope you get reunited with you loved one as soon as possible.

Aren't you tired yet from all you're bitching and moaning? Honestly, the US doesn't need another person like you here (complaining about procedures that will not be changed for you nor anyone and in all honesty are not that unfair to begin with). Tell you what, if the procedures you (and everyone else including my wife) went through are so unfair, then quit your K1 visa application and instead have your Fiance join you in Italy. You obviously have a Job and Family there so why come here.

These procedures are in place to protect us all (You, Me, and anyone else who wants to migrate to this nation). Stop whyning like a little girl and get a grip. No one here needs to read your inflamitory coments about the Embassy that is processing your visa and was IN NO WAY DISRISPECTFULL!!!! Sit there, wait for you visa (which is obviously coming) and butch up.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
You are under AP buddy.I went to school in the US as well and was on F-1,graduated from CUNY.My interview was pretty rough also but i didn't mind questioning and answered all CO's questions with confidence and honestly.I was placed under AP and its been over 90 days now i was very happy when CO asked if he could keep my passport i said sure i aint going nowhere :) so fellow Vjer think positive and hang in there you will get ur passport in no time...Good Luck.

I cannot afford to have my passport taken for 90 days. Due to my job and family(parents) I need to travel( I already know that once I am there I cannot trevel for about 3 months anyway). Seriously what comes comes and I think positive, but this does not change the fact.

Good luck to you and I hope you get reunited with you loved one as soon as possible.

Aren't you tired yet from all you're bitching and moaning? Honestly, the US doesn't need another person like you here (complaining about procedures that will not be changed for you nor anyone and in all honesty are not that unfair to begin with). Tell you what, if the procedures you (and everyone else including my wife) went through are so unfair, then quit your K1 visa application and instead have your Fiance join you in Italy. You obviously have a Job and Family there so why come here.

These procedures are in place to protect us all (You, Me, and anyone else who wants to migrate to this nation). Stop whyning like a little girl and get a grip. No one here needs to read your inflamitory coments about the Embassy that is processing your visa and was IN NO WAY DISRISPECTFULL!!!! Sit there, wait for you visa (which is obviously coming) and butch up.

What the hell are you talking about? Bitching an moaning? The US doesn;t need another person like you here???? Really what the hell are you talking about?

Let me tell you something. YOU are so sure of yourself and of your americanicity. Well why don;t you go read history books, and learn that because of the bitching and moaning of a bunch of people in Boston and Philadelphia, you now have a free country. That because of bitching and moaning the US created the most important pieces of paper after the french revolution, which is the declaration of independence. ( And if you did not read it, please do it)

I can tell you with simple honesty, that they may not need a person like me, but for sure they could use a person like me; and like many others in this forum.

If they are protecting you so well, then why 6000 people died there on September 11????? ANd why half of the last names at the wall at ground zero are of italian origin??????of people like me that like to ###### and moan.... and why are american citizens still dying overseas fighting wars just to protect you.?

If they are protecting you so well why a mexican(i haveb nothing against mexicans, but hollywood did not create a stereotype of a canadian doing the same) can cross the border illegaly, join a gang, and rape someone??????

I mean, if they are really protecting the US by denying my visa... well then they have it all wrong.

And finally, I do not judge you, I do not know you. But When I say that the interview was disrespectful, this is the way it is. IN no way disrepectfull??????? What the hell do you know??? Were you there>?????

I just wish you a happy life etc, but do not come and write in people posts just to piss them off.

ANd regardless of all of the above, the main point for this K_1 visa is love. I am sure there are fake ones, but for the people that are truly in love, the problem that you may not be reunited with your loved one, may become an existential one. I care about me, about my family, friends, but also about other people. ANd I do not really wish the feeling that the interview created in me for anyone. I said it before. We are people, and as such, should be treated with respect.

*By the way, I was not waiting for the instant interview, but I read here that if you are approved they give you a pink slip. So that was the expectation.

*a previous poster mentioned rogue interview, and i said disrespectful referring to the interview, not the fact that they kept the passport.

I still hope that the visa gets approved etc. But fore sure the interview date is one of the most disappointing days for me in my life.

Dignity and respect.

Edited by R&AINC

ticker.png

ticker.png

ticker.png

ticker.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Dear oh dear.

More Italians died on 911 than anybody else, I do not think so.

You might want to re-read the origins of the American War of Independence.

And Love has nothing to do with it.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
Dear oh dear.

More Italians died on 911 than anybody else, I do not think so.

You might want to re-read the origins of the American War of Independence.

And Love has nothing to do with it.

Yes you are right but you can check here:

http://edition.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2001/memorial/lists/by-name/

and regardless of were they are from just pray for them.

Why I should re-read? please explain??

WHo said that love had to do with the war of independence?

hahhahahahahaha I think you should re read the post ... not me the history

ticker.png

ticker.png

ticker.png

ticker.png

Before this snowballs into something ugly, I'd like to reiterate what others have said here. The guy who interviewed you might have been disrespectful or rude, and this is an experience many of us have gone through. The guy I dealt with at the London Embassy was hardly rainbows and butterflies. But the system itself, the processes and procedures, cannot be called the same. They are in place for the safety of those who live here, and for those who, with all good intentions, want to live here. It's very hard when we want to be with our loved ones, but you're lucky enough that they've taken your passport. It's a GOOD sign, and you need to hold onto that.

The Embassy felt reason enough to put you under AP or AR -- they don't do it just like that. It's very difficult to accept this, especially when you're hoping against hope to get the pink slip and not one of any other colour. I was hoping so hard that all my preparation would result in a pink slip, but it didn't. Now this has happened, you need to accept what has happened and work through it. My step-mum-in-law is a firefighter captain, and as she puts it: "Adapt, improvise, and overcome". She says that whenever my hubby and I reach a snag, and we always get through it.

Now, I'm here in the US, I'm married, and I was approved at my green card interview. It's long, arduous, and painful, but we got to this point. You will do the same with your fiancee. I might add that there is no need for (on both sides) to insult one another, or to start citing historical events. It doesn't change that this is how things are, and you're at this point. I don't understand why anybody has to start saying "more of this type of people died in this" when respect should be given to everyone. It's not a contest of "more of this kind of people died in this"; that distinction shouldn't be made when, at the end of the day, they're still US citizens. Even more so than that, they're still human beings! That's more than enough reason to feel for what happened to them.

In any case, whether it was a rough interview, or a disrespectful interview, you didn't have an easy time. You have to remember that many of us on this forum have also experienced horrible difficulties in trying to get to our loved ones on the other side. While this doesn't diminish what you feel, instead of insisting that you had a worse time than everyone else, perhaps you should consider, instead, that there's people like you here. There's some people on here who have been in AP/AR for over a year (there's certain countries which are notorious for it) who barely complain -- and this is not to say at all that the same will happen to you, but that there are those on here who, despite what they were facing, bucked up and have dealt with it.

As for illegal immigrants, when they step onto US soil, they will not have the same rights as you will once you get your residency. Yes, they might cross the border, but they will not be able to adjust status without being sent back from whence they had come. They will likely undergo a ten-year ban (or a type of ban) before they must go through the legal processes, as so many of us here have done. Additionally, when a couple sends off the K-1 application, or any application, they should know what they're getting into. We've all made the mistake of not being totally prepared, but that's why the forum is here. I would ask that for the sake of your happiness, and that of your fiancee's, to try and come to terms with what happened, and consider what steps you'll be taking (unless you choose to wait). Come up with a plan, and push onward. Not doing so may be detrimental to your relationship.

I sincerely hope your AP/AR will be short.

Magpie.

Edited by KnightAndMagpie

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

Magpie, I think you've said it all. I hope the OP, as well as those who have made intemperate remarks, will take your wise and thoughtful words to heart.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

What the hell are you talking about? Bitching an moaning? The US doesn;t need another person like you here???? Really what the hell are you talking about?

Let me tell you something. YOU are so sure of yourself and of your americanicity. Well why don;t you go read history books, and learn that because of the bitching and moaning of a bunch of people in Boston and Philadelphia, you now have a free country. That because of bitching and moaning the US created the most important pieces of paper after the french revolution, which is the declaration of independence. ( And if you did not read it, please do it)

I can tell you with simple honesty, that they may not need a person like me, but for sure they could use a person like me; and like many others in this forum.

If they are protecting you so well, then why 6000 people died there on September 11????? ANd why half of the last names at the wall at ground zero are of italian origin??????of people like me that like to ###### and moan.... and why are american citizens still dying overseas fighting wars just to protect you.?

If they are protecting you so well why a mexican(i haveb nothing against mexicans, but hollywood did not create a stereotype of a canadian doing the same) can cross the border illegaly, join a gang, and rape someone??????

I mean, if they are really protecting the US by denying my visa... well then they have it all wrong.

And finally, I do not judge you, I do not know you. But When I say that the interview was disrespectful, this is the way it is. IN no way disrepectfull??????? What the hell do you know??? Were you there>?????

I just wish you a happy life etc, but do not come and write in people posts just to piss them off.

ANd regardless of all of the above, the main point for this K_1 visa is love. I am sure there are fake ones, but for the people that are truly in love, the problem that you may not be reunited with your loved one, may become an existential one. I care about me, about my family, friends, but also about other people. ANd I do not really wish the feeling that the interview created in me for anyone. I said it before. We are people, and as such, should be treated with respect.

*By the way, I was not waiting for the instant interview, but I read here that if you are approved they give you a pink slip. So that was the expectation.

*a previous poster mentioned rogue interview, and i said disrespectful referring to the interview, not the fact that they kept the passport.

I still hope that the visa gets approved etc. But fore sure the interview date is one of the most disappointing days for me in my life.

Dignity and respect.

You just don't get it. I'd love to continue this battle of wits, but it's obvious you've come unarmed. :lol: Get your facts straight before you post anything.

Timeline

Dignity and respect.

You just don't get it. I'd love to continue this battle of wits, but it's obvious you've come unarmed. :lol: Get your facts straight before you post anything.

No I do not get it. Yes I am unarmed (are you armed by the way?). Facts straight? Which facts? can you please explain? The facts about what?

Have a nice day.

ticker.png

ticker.png

ticker.png

ticker.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Slightly OT, but I remember coming through Newark ahead of a flight from Rome, I had a long wait so no rush, just stood back and watched, awesome.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Any News?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Hi Good news,

Visa was issued on the 3rd. And I picked it up today from the post office.

They yello envlope is sealed, but you can actually see what is inside, since the top corner is opne in a triangle like manner, so you can see the documents.

They also sent me an instructions sheet, and sealed envelope with the medical exam.

The interview was harsh, I complained, but as many said, all turned out good. I could have really ended up in a lon AP process do to living in different places, but thanks to this forum I believe I was able to build up my case and allow the consulate to issue the visa.

I just suggest you bring every single evidence you have to the consulate, so you avoid delays. If your situation is really difficult, then expect delays.

Good luck to all

I thank you all for your support.

ticker.png

ticker.png

ticker.png

ticker.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Hi Good news,

Visa was issued on the 3rd. And I picked it up today from the post office.

They yello envlope is sealed, but you can actually see what is inside, since the top corner is opne in a triangle like manner, so you can see the documents.

They also sent me an instructions sheet, and sealed envelope with the medical exam.

The interview was harsh, I complained, but as many said, all turned out good. I could have really ended up in a lon AP process do to living in different places, but thanks to this forum I believe I was able to build up my case and allow the consulate to issue the visa.

I just suggest you bring every single evidence you have to the consulate, so you avoid delays. If your situation is really difficult, then expect delays.

Good luck to all

I thank you all for your support.

Congrats! :thumbs:

Not that it makes any difference, but I've heard that the envelope is sealed to make it difficult to tamper with the documents inside, and not because they don't want you to see inside. You've probably seen all of the documents it contains anyway. I've also heard that the corner of the envelope is cut in order to make it possible to staple documents outside the envelope to documents which are inside the envelope.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Back to the OP - ask yer USC lass to call the DOS Call Center , ask for case status.

But...

ask for :

1. current case status, with the date/time stamp and

2. last 3 status changes, with type, and date/time stamps.

DOS will know what's going on - the data is shared between the call-center and the Consulate/Embassy. The Consulate won't tell you what's going on (usually ) but DOS will tell ya, if you actually pick up the phone and call. My suggestion to 'wait 3 days' is still valid, as it takes time for the systems to sync up.

Dude, you've said this at least 3 times in this thread. OP gets has seen your advice, I'm sure. :blink:

Just FYI - DOS does not necessarily have the most updated information....and this was told to me by someone who works at DOS. Sometimes procedural issues are not necessarily updated in the computer...you can wait till kingdom come for the systems to sync up. Whatever current status DOS will have is based upon update at the consulate...if consulate does not update, DOS will have jack to say about the current status.. The best protocol in cases such as this, is still for the US fiancee/spouse to contact the consulate directly and inquire about status.

Yea, Dude likes to repeat himself. Some like to just hear themselves type! :lol:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

congrats, at least this obstacle has been passed! :thumbs:

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.