Ling Ling

The Stupid RFE Thread

237 posts in this topic

My husband sent the wrong cheque amount, thinks he's always right, I got a call from him apologising. The prices had gone up just before we filed and I'd told him!

wpid-1030ldr.gif

Category:

I-129f for K3/K4 visas

My stupid RFE was:

In the I-129f packet, that I sent to USCIS, I included a copy of my I-130 application.  This caused the processor to believe I was filing both at the same time even though I included a cover sheet stating the purpose of the packet.  They sent the entire packet back saying I didn't enclose a fee.  After several frustrating phone calls to the USCIS I concluded that they believed I was sending a new I-I130/I129f application and didn't include the $535 fee.  I ended up resubmitting the I-129f with everything except the copy of the I-130 application and it was accepted.

What I learned:

Don't include a copy of the I-130 with your I-129f application.  It only confuses them.  Only include the Notice of Action from your accepted I-130 application.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

My stupid RFE was a translation of my marriage certificate, because my stupid lawyer said that don't needed be translated 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

• 2 weeks later...

Our stupid RFE was saying they never received our I-130 application when we did it online🙃. Called USCIS and the tier 2 officer said they do have it but to follow the instructions.

USCIS

02/12/2020: Submitted I-130 online 🥳

02/12/2020 : NOA1 (Nebraska) - received online 02/13🤬

02/18/2020 : Mailed K3 ☘️

02/23/2020: Touched

02/23/2020: "Transfered" to Potomac

02/25/2020 : NOA1 (Potomac) K3

04/09/2020: RFE 😫

04/13/2020: RFE response sent 😬

05/04/2020: "Request for RFE evidence received by USCIS"

05/06/2020: Touched

06/15/2020: Touched

06/16/2020: "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS"

06/16/2020 : NOA2 (Potomac)

07/15/2020 : K3 denied

NVC

06/17/2020: Welcome Letter

06/18/2020: Paid AOS and IV fees 

07/03/2020: NVC expedite sent

07/07/2020: Submit everything to NVC

07/08/2020: Documentarily Qualifed (less than 24 hours!) 🥰

07/09/2020: NVC expedite in review

07/14/2020: NVC expedite approved!!🥳

Embassy

07/16/2020: Embassy received case

07/27/2020: Interview Letter

07/30/2020: Medical

08/12/2020 : Interview - cancelled due to alert Level 3 in Auckland :( 

09/16/2020: Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🥰🥳♥️👩‍❤️‍👨

09/17/2020: CEAC status says "Issued"🥳

09/18/2020: Visa in hand - flight booked!

09/24/2020 : POE

I-751 ROC

06/30/2022: NOA1 (MSC)

“Love knows not distance; it hath no continent; its eyes are for the stars.”🌏

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 4/7/2020 at 6:18 AM, Milena carolina D said:

My stupid RFE was a translation of my marriage certificate, because my stupid lawyer said that don't needed be translated 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

Waow... You have to give it up for some lawyers... They really do know how to mess things up 

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

My stupid RFE is bona fide marriage! My lawyer said it wasn’t necessary to send photos of us at that time and we’ll send them when they request for. 
i now realize how stupid i was when i agreed! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

So I got my RFE finally posted. This is kind of a crazy one. A few months back they sent me in the mail a copy of my marriage certificate and the translation saying it was not necessary for them to hold onto it.

Now they are telling me that I never sent it to them. And that I have to send it by July 24th. How bizarre 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My stupid RFE was in my daughter's case, all the documents like ours marrage cetificate and divorce certificates  should have been included in her case also 😐

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I got an RFE for the marriage licence/certificate from Pennsylvania . I am doing CR1 Visa, we got married in Pennsylvania

in a backyard wedding ceremony in 2019 . I had to take an extra trip to Pennsylvania to be at the court house with my 

sweetheart and apply for the marriage licence . This marriage licence is good for 60 days . So the pastor that 

married us signed the marriage licence/certificate  and sent it off to the court house. We kept our portion of the licence/certificate. 

We sent to USCIS the photocopy of the official marriage licence/certificate. I have read in other posts on here that certain states have 

the licence and the certificate on 2 separate pieces of paper but other states have it in one . So if you want to avoid the RFE on your 

marriage  licence/certificate is better you send a certify copy along with the official marriage licence/certificate. Or make sure the 

marriage licence/ certificate that you send says that it was recorded at the court house and it says the volume and page where it was 

recorded with the date that it was recorded and a  signature. Some states do not have this information on the original marriage licence/certificate 

that you get after you get married but it does have it on a certified copy . I wish I knew this , hope I spare you the STUPID REF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So we had to get a certified copy and send it, which of course puts us back maybe a month or so . 

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My stupid RFE was my first husband's death certificate. I sent in the Funeral Director's Statement of Death with my I-130 application. It was accepted at the I-130 application level and our application was approved and sent to NVC.  NVC rejected the same document because it wasn't issued by a government authority. It's the only thing standing between us and a DQ. smh.

29 minutes ago, CGs_Mother said:

My stupid RFE was my first husband's death certificate. I sent in the Funeral Director's Statement of Death with my I-130 application. It was accepted at the I-130 application level and our application was approved and sent to NVC.  NVC rejected the same document because it wasn't issued by a government authority. It's the only thing standing between us and a DQ. smh.

There is very specific information (and detailed by province) on the DoS reciprocity page about what forms of death certificate are acceptable.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Canada.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

There is very specific information (and detailed by province) on the DoS reciprocity page about what forms of death certificate are acceptable.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Canada.html

Thanks. That's why I was surprised that USCIS accepted the first form I sent in. I've ordered the full form from the government now. 

• 5 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

We sent my wife's police certificate to NVC.  I submitted the native Spanish version, and the certified English translation.  They rejected it because they thought it was expired.  The date in the Spanish version is DD-MM-YYYY so they looked at that and misread it.  The date in the English one was in the MM-DD-YYYY format, but they marked that document "not needed" in their system and didn't look at it.

So we resubmitted it, this time with it marked up to explain how dates work.  After 2 months they rejected it again.  Said it wasn't the correct document.  They included a link to the page on the DOS website describing the correct document.  It was the correct document. 

So we submitted it again.  This time we printed the police certificate, English translation, and the page from their own website describing the police certificate, scanned it all into one, and sent them that with heavy annotations to help them out.  They accepted it on the third try, but we lost 6 months to that nonsense.

• 1 year later...
Filed: Other Timeline

Category:

I-864

My stupid RFE was:

I e-signed my application on page 8 instead of sign by hand....and everything else are accepted, which means now the application is back to review and couple of more months to wait...

What I learned:

Sign EVERYTHING in hand, no digital signatures!

• 2 months later...

Our RFEs: 

- Australian police certificate - CHECK the code. And I suggest to just to do the fingerprint ones, even though USCIS says this is optional. 

- birth certificate - LONG FORM is needed 

- W2 - if you do not have a W2 because you are working abroad, write a letter explaining why you do not have a W2

- sign everything by hand, even the electronic forms. Print, sign scan - electronic signatures will be rejected 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.