TBoneTX

September 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

2,058 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Naes said:

It already meant that so I think they just added and corrected the wording for people who didn’t know it to understand.

I’ve seen worse, don’t worry. They’re just not updating the website doesn’t mean there’s no movement in these dates yet ;) 

I love your positvity 🤞🤞🤞

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
29 minutes ago, ML915 said:

If I've got it right they are no longer posting which dates they are processing at any time, they're simply saying "if your petition is from 24. August or BEFORE that, it now counts as outside of normal processing times and you can contact us". This seems just as well to me, since @Naes has been providing more accurate scans for us anyway

@Amit M  ML915 has it correct.   Basically USCIS is saying "if you filed a I-129F for a K1 Visa after this date (August 24th currently) please do not bother us.   But, if you filed on or after August 24th, your petition is outside of our expected processing time and you may call us if you like, but we will still probably not tell you anything useful."   

There is strong evidence that currently USCIS is processing petitions mainly from August and September 2017, but there are many still waiting from June and July as well, and possibly some even earlier than that, but the bulk currently being processed were received by the USCIS after August 24th. 

Contrary to what many want to believe, it does not mean that they are claiming that they have not worked on any petitions dated after August 24th.   

Edited by JoelThai

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
38 minutes ago, JoelThai said:

Basically USCIS is saying "if you filed a I-129F for a K1 Visa after this date (August 24th currently) please do not bother us.   But, if you filed on or after August 24th, your petition is outside of our expected processing time and you may call us if you like, but we will still probably not tell you anything useful." 

I made an error!    :blink:    Correction is below:

Basically USCIS is saying "if you filed a I-129F for a K1 Visa after this date (August 24th currently) please do not bother us.   But, if you filed on or BEFORE August 24th, your petition is outside of our expected processing time and you may call us if you like, but we will still probably not tell you anything useful." 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
4 minutes ago, JoelThai said:

I made an error!    :blink:    Correction is below:

Basically USCIS is saying "if you filed a I-129F for a K1 Visa after this date (August 24th currently) please do not bother us.   But, if you filed on or BEFORE August 24th, your petition is outside of our expected processing time and you may call us if you like, but we will still probably not tell you anything useful." 

Gotcha. This makes sense and thank you so much for clarifying. but this is so scary. Man I hope they speed up. Quick question for all: how many of you are planning their wedding or have already planned or are just waiting to plan after visa is approved et all? Being up in the air is so hard on my partner cuz we don’t know what to expect outta this and what if it doesn’t go thru. What are your guys alternatives if the visa doesn’t go thru? 

1 hour ago, ML915 said:

If I've got it right they are no longer posting which dates they are processing at any time, they're simply saying "if your petition is from 24. August or BEFORE that, it now counts as outside of normal processing times and you can contact us". This seems just as well to me, since @Naes has been providing more accurate scans for us anyway

Thank you explaining :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yes, I believe this is the best way also. Get it official and then bother planning a nice party to celebrate, stress free 🙌💆💙

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
9 hours ago, Brit&USA said:

Ditto Jess. Finally got through to someone at the USCIS today- this forum just made me feel paranoid that my application was lost rather than give any comfort. My petition was received on the 31st August, NOA1 dated 5th September. USCIS are still dealing with applications received on the 24th August. So reassured me we've got a little more waiting time :( 

Well not really as people who’s NOA1 was like sept 22-28th are being approved 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 minutes ago, h&y said:

Did I miss the new people come in and complain memo...? 

Im just not sure what people don't understand. No ones aplications are priority and there is no set way that anyone knows of when it comes to USCIS going through them. I think @Naes knows more than any employee anyway. No one here understands or agrees with their work flow. From what I do know is that background checks have a play in this. Some take longer than others. The officers aren't only processing K1 visas. We could be a file under a stack of papers. No it's not fair but you're not going to find out any straight answers. From here or from calling Cs. I can read from a script too, if you want to feel better about the situation. Hang in there. We are all in the same boat. The entire process makes me want to throw my phone against a wall but then I realize I have the most amazing person in my life and I rather be patient and bring him here. Our fiancés will be with us, eventually.  Hopefully sooner than later.

Thank youuuuuuuu 🙌🏻

We’re all fed up but this forum is where we come to help each other both with our questions about the process and with staying positive. 

Eventually we will all hear something back from USCIS.

Edited by Mrsjackson

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Mrsjackson said:

Thank youuuuuuuu 🙌🏻

We’re all fed up but this forum is where we come to help each other both with our questions about the process and with staying positive. 

Eventually we will all hear something back from USCIS.

Now if they can only put some updates please....

3 hours ago, h&y said:

I am planning a wedding on my mother's property at her house because she lives on the water. The only pre planned thing I've done so far is the dress. It'll be a pop up wedding for sure! As in ... " hey guys wedding next week let's party!" And I truly don't care if 5 or 50 show up. Just would like to avoid a courthouse setting :)

I am planning my wedding because I would like to spend time with my fiancé when he arrives. I would rather us revisit the plans when he arrives verses being stressed planning a nice event. I was sure to discuss the situation with the vendor(s) and I have a clause stating that "…due to unforeseen circumstances, the event may be postponed without penalty". If he arrives early, we will do a legal marriage at the court and celebrate with family and friends at the planned time. 

May 22 2017 - Met in person 

• Nov 01 2017  -  Mailed I-129F
  • Nov 02 2017  -  Case received
  • Nov 06 2017  -  NOA1 (Case submitted)
  • May 17 2018  -  NOA2 (192 days from NOA1) - no RFE
  • June 7 2018  -  NVC Received 
  • June 8 2018  -  NVC Case Number Received
  • June 12 2018 - Case sent to Embassy
  • June 13 2018  -  Consulate Received (In "Ready" Status)
  • N/A 2018  -  Packet 3 Received
  • N/A 2018  -  Packet 3 Sent
  • June 14 2018  -  Packet 4 Received (email)
  • June 18 2018  -  Medical
  • July 9 2018  -  Interview: Eventually APPROVED (August 14, 2018)
  • August 22 2018  -  Visa In Hand
  • August 25 2018  -  POE ( days)
  •  2018  -  Applied for SSN
  • Sept 14 2018 - Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 hours ago, h&y said:

I am planning a wedding on my mother's property at her house because she lives on the water. The only pre planned thing I've done so far is the dress. It'll be a pop up wedding for sure! As in ... " hey guys wedding next week let's party!" And I truly don't care if 5 or 50 show up. Just would like to avoid a courthouse setting :)

Same here! I live by a nice park with a Japanese tea garden - planning to do a short ceremony then out to 🍾🥂!

NOA1: 9/8/2017

NOA2: 3/14/2018

NVC Case # Available: 3/26/2018

Case left NVC: 4/3/2018

Packet 3 Rec'd: 6/11/2018 

Interview: 6/26/2018 Approved! :thumbs:

POE: 7/13/2018

Marriage: 8/25/2018 

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 10/3/18

Biometrics: 10/30/18

7 hours ago, Naes said:

There was no update yesterday 

seriously? smh

Luflolady

Jan 26th: Mailed I-129F

Jan 29th NOA1

Feb 2nd: Check Cashed

Feb 9th: rcvd hard copy of NOA1

Aug. 28th Notified of RFE being mailed

Sept. 1st received hard copy of RFE in the mail

Sept. 4th mailed response to RFE

Sept. 10th received txt that my response to RFE was received

Oct. 10th Received txt that we were approved (NOA2) 30days after RFE response

Oct. 13th received hard copy of NOA2

Oct. 31st case arrived at NVC

Nov 2nd received case number

Nov. 19th Case is "ready" to schedule an interview

Feb. 14th Interview (2019) APPROVED!!!!!!

AOS

July 24th: mailed AOS pkt

July 31st: received txt msg of receipt numbers for all documents

Aug 5th received NOA hard copies dated July 31st

Aug. 9th received Biometrics letter in the mail

Aug. 19th Biometrics appt.

Sept. 20th notified of RFE via website 

Sept. 25th Received hard copy of RFE (copy of BC)

Sept. 27th Sent response to RFE

Sept. 30th Response was delivered

Oct. 2nd... Response to evidence received updated on website

Feb 12, 2020 case is ready to schedule for interview

Feb 12, 2020 New card is being produced (EAD)
Feb 13, 2020 Notification that EAD  and AP was approved

Feb 18,2020 received hard copies of AP and EAD approval

Feb 18,2020 notification AOS interview scheduled and EAD mailed

Feb 20, 2020 received EAD card

Feb 24, 2020 received interview letter (March24th)

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Sept. 14th new AOS interview
Oct. 30th AOS approval

Nov. 9th New card is being produced

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.