blackbelt

Lied on tourist visa

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

My wife applied for tourist visa 11/2016 said she was going to visit my sister but ment to surprise me for Christmas , she was denied at inter I we she was told her answers were to prepared and denied we were married this year and I will file for spousal visa , problem be cause of denial ?  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your status here says K-1, if you applied for a spousal(CR-1) visa, then it should be changed.

Was this lie revealed during the interview? If it was yes, it can create extreme problems. While she may have "wanted to surprise" you, the CO's do not care, they want and expect pure honesty.

If it was not revealed or found out to be a lie, can it come back to hurt you? yes technically it could as it can be seen later on as a lie to get around admitting she had a boyfriend/fiance in the US... at this point though I suppose you have to just go as it goes and wait to find out.... she will have to admit to being denied a US visa though on any paperwork that asks.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

May need a waiver for misrep.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I agree with the others on here that what she did was very bad. The CO's do not care that she was trying to surprise you at all. So she might need a waiver later on because of her misrepresentation. Usually a denied tourist visa is no cause for concern for a fiance or spouse visa, but in this case it could be. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

The tourist visa was just denied , she was told she did not qualify for a tourist visa and there was no penalty , it never came up but she said she was going to visit my sister not me, she was simply denied a tourist visa  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

On the tourist visa forms, it asks if the person is married, did she put "yes" but jsut not tell them she wanted to visit you?  That is ok.  But if she put "no" when she was in fact married to you already yes, that will be a problem even if she was not asked about it at interview.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
39 minutes ago, blackbelt said:

We were not married at time of tourist application 

I understand that part of it; we are just saying she has to now admit on all future forms about being denied a visa previously if asked. 

Any future CO could make the assumption that by her saying she was "visiting your sister" that she in fact ment you and tried to hide it to avoid a denial.

No more "surprises" and inform her to always be upfront and honest. Again there is no way to say if this will have any affect on your process, it is just to say don't be surprised if it comes back up later on.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Don't lie, or face the consequences. 'nuff said.

03-19-2021: Officially an American Citizen 🇺🇸 Entire journey from initial K-1 Visa filing to Naturalization took 5 years, 8 days.

You can see my complete timeline by clicking here.

17 hours ago, blackbelt said:

My wife applied for tourist visa 11/2016 said she was going to visit my sister but ment to surprise me for Christmas , she was denied at inter I we she was told her answers were to prepared and denied we were married this year and I will file for spousal visa , problem be cause of denial ?  

I'm confused by the bolded statement. Are you saying she was denied entry because if so, that would mean she was approved for the tourist visa but was denied entry when she flew to the US. Or are you saying she was denied for the tourist visa during her interview because she lied?

If she lied during the interview then it doesn't matter because the CO denied issuing her a tourist visa to begin with. BUT if she had a tourist visa and traveled to come see you and lied to the customs officer about her purpose of travel, THAT is a whole separate issue and she will have to address that at the interview for her spousal visa

Point blank, she shouldn't have lied.

Edited by Trinab80

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

20 hours ago, blackbelt said:

I am assuming that you are saying that she was denied at interview because the CO felt the answers seemed too prepared. If the fact that she was actually planning to see you and not her sister never came up as an issue, it would seem the only people that know that she lied about the reason would be you and her and not the CO. In other words she was not denied for lying which would be a huge issue. Yes it is very bad to lie during any visa process. But I do not see how it would have any affect in this case unless she volunteers the information. Just make sure everything that she does this time around is honest and truthful.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.