Lovers123

I130 Expediting

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Lovers123 said:

What if the doctor address that she needs her husband to be near her so that she doesn't overthink and not cause stress to herself and heal while im there ? Can the doctor include something like this in the medical report ? I hope USCIS can accept this

USCIS will tell you that since you are unemployed, you can stay with her until petition processed. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Lovers123 said:

Thank you for your support. However, I have personal issues as well. I'm currently umemployed, and I have at least 30k tax debt and other debts as well as monthly payments. So I can't really book a trip anytime I want. Should I also include this in the expedite too ? Also I have a down syndrome brother and my dad will have meniscus leg surgery very soon. I can have documents for all these things i mentioned

you need to take care of tax debt and finding a job/  i can see from what u write why she is stressed

Trying to expedite the visa will not help your situation 

and more than likely get her denied at interview 

U need a job and a plan to support her which includes health care insurance 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

You can try to apply. It doesn’t hurt, as long as there is no misrepresentation, which will bite you later. I can only give you my experience. I had cancer and I TRULY needed my wife here as I was temporarily disabled for 2 years. I applied for the expedite with all the documents from the hospital. Meaning, extensive description of the REAL condition which requires care, supported by MRI, and the whole array of various physician-generated documentation. Bulletproof. And it was denied. You can extrapolate. 

4 hours ago, Lovers123 said:

So my question would be.. what kind of medical report she needs to have ? I know it will include her disease and mental health but what if there is a statement that says.. "Treatment Plan" " Be with your husband all the time" or includes me that im part of her medical treatment ? 

Not happening.   Doctors will not put their name on some fabricated or falsified document.   You’re grasping at straws.

Edited by SalishSea

3 hours ago, Lovers123 said:

Thank you for your support. However, I have personal issues as well. I'm currently umemployed, and I have at least 30k tax debt and other debts as well as monthly payments. So I can't really book a trip anytime I want. Should I also include this in the expedite too ? Also I have a down syndrome brother and my dad will have meniscus leg surgery very soon. I can have documents for all these things i mentioned

All of those will be barriers to your ability to support an immigrant.

With a dodgy request for a medical expedite on your record, it will be very interesting to see how you plan to pay for your wife’s medical care once she’s here.   Hopefully you realize that she won’t be eligible for public benefits, and that you’re 100% responsible for her.

Edited by SalishSea

46 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

I will say this at the risk of getting banned for providing unsolicited, non- immigration related advice. But here we go. 

Take a huuuuuge step back and read what you’ve written. You claim that she gets severely sick because you are far from her. And I get it, this process can be taxing to say the least, but if she gets physically sick due to you not being around, you have way bigger problems than immigration. She has terrible codependency, and that’s not a healthy relationship at all! Imagine if she’s here and all of a sudden you have to leave for whatever reason (work, family illness, etc), you’re signing up for a miserable life if you she doesn’t deal with her codependency . So her focus right now should be working on that, and her getting better, than continuing with this process. And your focus should be to think if you really want to build a life with things the way they are now. And no, love doesn’t conquer all. Sorry to be blunt, but someone had to. 

That being said, if you really want to pursue this, you can try for an expedite request, but don’t get your hopes up.

I wonder if it’s actually as bad as OP describes it.. It doesn’t sound good. 

Yes, being apart during the process sucks big time and is not easy at all. I agree with you that if her mental state is this bad, this will be a challenge even if she is in the US. This, combined with the problems that OP described on top of it (tax debt), willl require a rock solid marriage to face all that. 

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

I am just tired of people trying to skip the line, exhaggerating what seams to be a common symptom for all of us waiting for our loved ones and missing them. 

On 9/30/2023 at 11:57 AM, Lovers123 said:

Hello everyone,

I heard that USCIS usually denies all the expedite requests unless its an emergency. However, I was wondering what if your wife has a mental illness because of physical separation that triggers her another health condition, gerd diseases to increase more and it gets to a point where it starts damaging her stomach and other parts of the organ. She has stress, anxiety, bad sleep, depression, and when she gets sick, it doesn't heal.. it takes 2-3 weeks longer to heal because of this condition. Can she goto a doctor and get a report of her health status and use it as a evidence so that USCIS can approve ? I believe this is emergency because if it left untreated.. it lead to more many serious mental health and her stomach will have a wound and might need surgery. Would this a reason for USCIS to approve ?

You want to be careful about using the beneficiary's mental health condition as reason to expedite. 

If her doctor indicates she is a danger to herself or others she might require a waiver to allow her to immigrate. 

You don't want to prolong the immigration process because you receive an RFE for I864. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Lets not get too excited it seems she has yet to see a Doctor.

So a lot of speculation.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.