smore

Dating And Finding That Real Relationship

90 posts in this topic

Here I am in a world full of fakes, scams, BS. I have had my share of american women relationships but they all turn out to be toxic, issues, problems, selfish with no values or morals. Wouldn't it be wonderful to find happiness, find love. Joining dating sites seems to be a joke, a scam, and full of fake profiles and its getting worse every day.

How does one go about finding a TRUE relationship? Not some online chat buddy, but someone you can connect with, plan to meet, and than start the process to be together.

How did many of you find your love? Your girlfriend, your wife?

Dating sites in general all seem to be a scam with so many fake profiles now days, and specific Philippines, Filipino or Asian dating sites seem to be everywhere now days, but seem very fake, sketchy and a scam. Not sure why so many fakes and scams and its getting worse and worse, what a wonderful world we live in where we just keep trying to screw each other over.

So any advise on where to find a TRUE relationship? Keep in mind I am in my 40s, I work, I have responsibilities so I cannot just go vacationing for weeks at a time and gallivanting around the world to find someone. And I am not lurking around on social media responding to random women like I have heard some guys do hoping to win the lottery and she is single and into you. But I will/would/could make the time getting to know someone as we do in the technical age now by messages, chatting, etc until comfortable to plan to meet.

To bad the old school method does not work, hey I know a friend, my wife has a sister, a friend, etc, but maybe thats not such an impossible idea. So maybe you or your girlfriend, wife, knows someone who is seeking a great relationship?

Please this is a serious topic, please no BS, rude posts.

12 minutes ago, smore said:

Here I am in a world full of fakes, scams, BS. I have had my share of american women relationships but they all turn out to be toxic, issues, problems, selfish with no values or morals. Wouldn't it be wonderful to find happiness, find love. Joining dating sites seems to be a joke, a scam, and full of fake profiles and its getting worse every day.

How does one go about finding a TRUE relationship? Not some online chat buddy, but someone you can connect with, plan to meet, and than start the process to be together.

Dating sites in general all seem to be a scam with so many fake profiles now days, and specific Philippines, Filipino or Asian dating sites seem to be everywhere now days, but seem very fake, sketchy and a scam. Not sure why so many fakes and scams and its getting worse and worse, what a wonderful world we live in where we just keep trying to screw each other over.

So any advise on where to find a TRUE relationship? Keep in mind I am in my 40s, I work, I have responsibilities so I cannot just go vacationing for weeks at a time and gallivanting around the world to find someone. And I am not lurking around on social media responding to random women like I have heard some guys do hoping to win the lottery and she is single and into you. But I will/would/could make the time getting to know someone as we do in the technical age now by messages, chatting, etc until comfortable to plan to meet.

To bad the old school method does not work, hey I know a friend, my wife has a sister, a friend, etc, but maybe thats not such an impossible idea. So maybe you or your girlfriend, wife, knows someone who is seeking a great relationship?

Long distance relationships are usually not easier than local ones, especially if you are not able to travel frequently.

Check out meetup, enter your zipcode.  Look up the groups that might be of interest to you, some hobby you know, some you are interested in.  Your new friends might know just the right person for you once they learn to know you... Best of luck!

14 minutes ago, Adventine said:

You would most likely find good dating candidates in local groups dedicated to hobbies you already have. What do you like to do for fun in your free time? Even church groups would be a good place to meet people who share your values.

If you don't have that much time to travel, international relationships simply aren't the best choice. 

Personal referrals from internet strangers aren't really safe, either.

Thanks for your advise. I agree local groups, churches, issue is I am from smaller community and not much going on around here and not many candidates for dating either, if in a larger area it would be much easier. You hear of people finding each other from a distance, not even international, but just around the united states and they come together. I have always wondered how did they find one another and how did they get together being from so far away, at least with dating around the USA there is no process like the visa process, you can meet and be together when ever you decide its the right time. I do find myself liking the asian culture, that old schoolness that is non existent in the usa now days, morals, values, faith. I also find asian women very beautiful as they have a natural beauty about them.

But yes with not much time to travel international relationship would be tough, yes I would make time to chat, message, talk, etc and of course the idea is to meet and come together and not have things drag out years and years because non of us no how long life will be so if you connect with someone you want to start enjoying life together with them.

Yes I agree referrals from strangers maybe not a good idea, but who knows, they might know someone and they just put the two of you together and you talk and connect, but its a long shot. Seems these dating sites are not safe either, its worse than a referral from a stranger.

When did trying to meet someone become so difficult and so full of fakeness, scams, etc and it just gets worse and worse, what a wonderful society we live in.

I met my husband through work when I was visiting my US based client for our yearly business review. Very cliche but it happened when I least expected it, I was not looking for a husband 😅. He worked at the company that I was visiting, so that was a very interesting situation for a while! 

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You seem to be talking about Passport Bros?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 hours ago, smore said:

specific Philippines, Filipino or Asian dating sites seem to be everywhere now days, but seem very fake, sketchy and a scam. Not sure why so many fakes and scams and its getting worse and worse, what a wonderful world we live in where we just keep trying to screw each other over.

If women from these countries are specifically seeking American men, you might ask yourself why. 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, SalishSea said:

If women from these countries are specifically seeking American men, you might ask yourself why. 

To better their situation

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 hours ago, smore said:

My first trip I went over there with a relative to see a house he was having built, I didn't know jack about the Philippines.  I meet alot of girls in person, never did the internet dating stuff and this was 15 years ago.

I got a pretty good feel for the culture, and on my next trip I went solo and got on dating site called Filipino Cupid if I remember correct.  I chatted with many girls, back then there were not that many scammers on there, Now of day I have no clue what is on the Asian Dating site.

But I met about 15 girls in person that I was interested in from all my chats over a couple of trips back then, probably chatted with close to 100 girls, for me  I met lots of gf and my wife. 

I still have one girls that I dated and was serious with from 10 years ago that I still court and date when I return to the Philippines.

Bottom line I would just fly to Philippines or Columbia and get there and then start looking for connections, Don't be one of those guys who chat with a girl for few months and you fly all the way to Philippines only to have her meet you at the airport and "Handcuff" you.  

Get to understand the culture in Philippines you will be ahead of the game.

46 minutes ago, SalishSea said:

What I figured out is American Men are considered "Exotic" in Asia, all of Asia.

You don't see many American in Philippines, most foreigners are from China or Korea. 

Here I come walking into a place being 6'2", long nose, green eyes and a macho body and I stun the locals, considering the average male in Philippines is about 5'4" and weighs about 130 lbs.

47 minutes ago, Boiler said:

To better their situation

Right.  That may or may not be congruent with true love, which is what it sounds like the OP is looking for.

8 minutes ago, Lover_Boy said:

What I figured out is American Men are considered "Exotic" in Asia, all of Asia.

You don't see many American in Philippines, most foreigners are from China or Korea. 

Here I come walking into a place being 6'2", long nose, green eyes and a macho body and I stun the locals, considering the average male in Philippines is about 5'4" and weighs about 130 lbs.

I'm sure the typical US salaries don't hurt, either 😉

Timeline
6 minutes ago, SalishSea said:

Right.  That may or may not be congruent with true love, which is what it sounds like the OP is looking for.

"Happiness in marriage is entirely a matter of chance. If the dispositions of the parties are ever so well known to each other or ever so similar beforehand, it does not advance their felicity in the least. They always continue to grow sufficiently unlike afterwards to have their share of vexation; and it is better to know as little as possible of the defects of the person with whom you are to pass your life."