smore

Dating And Finding That Real Relationship

90 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
10 minutes ago, smore said:

stopped looking for a job would I find a job

I get your point and somehow agree to it in the sense that it can be hard to find someone in a not so populated area. 

But unless you’re rich, you do need a job to be able to pay for stuff. The question then is “do you NEED to find a SO to be completely happy?”

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

59 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

What about American women marrying foreign men? Is it only because they didn't have the chance to meet you? 

Not sure what this comment was asking or referencing. I have no issues with american women finding foreign men, people should be able to seek who they want to, who they are interested in.

49 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

Maybe American women are realizing that they do not need a man to attain happiness; therefore, there is no need to change any attitude.

Listen, I’m not “American” myself (yet…) but I think it is very unfair for you to say that decent women are hard to come by. There are tons of them. The thing is,  maybe said women are not actively participating in the dating scene because they’ve finally understood that happiness comes in many ways, not just by being in a relationship. 

And yes, I do love my husband to no end. But before I met him, I was happy being single!

If any woman is happy without a man than there is nothing wrong with that, I believe in people being able to be who they are. It might be a bit unfair of me to say decent women are hard to come by however its a general statement and its also an honest statement that decent woman are hard to come by, just like women say decent men are hard to come by. There are probably tons of decent women, tons of decent men, now where does one find those decent ones, that is the question.

Everyone is different, and we all should be able to be different. If you were happy being single than that worked for you, others might not like being single. I mean there were times in my life I was ok with being single, was not ready, but to me sharing your life with someone is more fulling.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Kawika & Michelle said:

proven time & time again that women in general will always focus on their partners overall financial well-being whereas men are primarily motivated by love

Source?

. I never understand why some folks seem to try to shame women in other countries for them to seek financially secure partners from other countries when women in other countries are looking for the same thing. If

Wait, are we in the 1950s?! I do not see women in “other countries” looking for financially secure partners necessarily. At least not where I come from (Argentina in particular,  but overall South America). In Latinoamérica thank God women are evolving and are beginning to understand that we can also be financially secure without relying on a man. 

she isn't bringing in huge debt or perhaps was in a questionable career path like a stripper or prostitute

If you truly loved the person, would you let debt or those careers get in the way? Strippers and prostitutes can also be good partners. I’m not saying one has to be ok with their partner being a prostitute; but what I’m saying is one has to have an open mind to understand that not everyone has had it easy in life. 

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, smore said:

There are probably tons of decent women, tons of decent men, now where does one find those decent ones, that is the question.

The question is “what is decent”? Define decent. Everyone has their different parameters for “decency “.

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

9 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

I get your point and somehow agree to it in the sense that it can be hard to find someone in a not so populated area. 

But unless you’re rich, you do need a job to be able to pay for stuff. The question then is “do you NEED to find a SO to be completely happy?”

I can survive without finding a SO, but its not about need, but want. I want to find a SO, I feel life is fuller sharing your life with someone. Until than I will live my life, be as happy as I can be. I enjoyed my past relationships, of course those relationships did not work out, but I can look back and say there were times of enjoyment. And yes being in a not so populated area does make things tough, but I know people in larger cities and its tough also for them as everyone has turned to technology now days, you can be in a big city and its like your in some small town as everyone is just so anti social, head down in their phone. Growing up we went outside with our friends, now you sit and chat online with your friends, even if they just live next door. Sorta sad what our world has turned into, that is why I do value those who are a bit more old school still.

5 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

The question is “what is decent”? Define decent. Everyone has their different parameters for “decency “.

Yes I agree everyone has there parameters for decency so very subjective to try and explain. To me decent is having morals, values, respect, being unselfish, helpful, there for the other person. Seems like simple things but in todays society they are tough to find those simple things.   I do not have this long complicated, involved list for what defines a decent person, its more or less a few simple things but those simple things are core things as well and if the person is shelfish than that can really change the scoop of how things will work out together.

3 hours ago, smore said:

Most sites are pay, and also now days full of fake profiles or scams and as I have mentioned they are getting worse by the day and I think everyone knows that as well. I am not sure why people have to ruin things for others. Dating sites used to be decent, you could actually message people, they responded and you may or may not connect and go on a date but there was some sort of interaction at least and hope your going to find someone. Now its like ok there are 10 profiles, which one is the real one out of the 10.

I will have to check out this Dateinasia, is the site still free? Sounds like perhaps a way to connect with people and it perhaps might lead to a connection for a relationship and meeting? Rather than a strict dating site, more of a common interests type of thing which you form a connection with someone, sounds like how things used to be, you strike up a conversation and before you know it your dating, thats the old school way it used to be.

It should be still free. If you try it, I would suggest you look for ladies to talk with first and if you find a special girl with the personality you like, eventually you could go to meet her. You may either have a few girls at least to meet or if the one you go to meet doesn't work out, then you have to go on your own there. Another avenue, if you're short on time, there is a US based company that has offices in Cebu City and Davao City that set up social events where there are around 10-1 females to men, if that's your thing and you end up with no other options.

4 hours ago, Rocio0010 said:

If you truly loved the person, would you let debt or those careers get in the way? Strippers and prostitutes can also be good partners. I’m not saying one has to be ok with their partner being a prostitute; but what I’m saying is one has to have an open mind to understand that not everyone has had it easy in life. 

Decisions people make in life are a direct reflection of their character. I am sure that if you were honest with yourself, you have many "deal breakers" also. Would you ever have been attracted to a guy that was 4'10" and 250 lbs and served time in prison for molesting children? Maybe his life wasn't easy. We all have our standards and you have no right to suggest that others are wrong for theirs.

Timeline
52 minutes ago, RO_AH said:

Would you ever have been attracted to a guy that was 4'10" and 250 lbs and served time in prison for molesting children?

The main difference being that a prostitute or a stripper doesn’t equal molesting a child… so no point to compare imho. 

53 minutes ago, RO_AH said:

We all have our standards

True.

53 minutes ago, RO_AH said:

suggest that others are wrong for theirs.

As per VJ TOS, I do have a right to debate, as long as I do it respectfully, which I indeed have.

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

18 hours ago, smore said:

I agree there are certainly many women in USA who are seeking to better there situation and only care about your bank account and what you can do for them, certainly dated that type in my past.

I have heard that term "God Fearing Man" and I like that, I like that Philippines want a 'God Fearing Man", I like that a woman is seeking a man who is not some playboy as I am not that type, I am a loyal guy, my faith has brought me up that way to have values and morals. I like that the culture is like back in the 1950s, even know that was long before my time we all have probably heard and learned about those days from our parents, relatives, history, etc and  I wish things were like they were back then. People has morals. That is was really draws me to a Philippines woman is they have those old school morals and values.

Yes that is the way they are raised with old school morals

Like my wife is from Middle class family, with 4 sisters and all have  4 year degrees, my wife is Registered Nurse in USA and Philippines, she was 22 year old when I met her 2 years out of college and she was still a virgin.  Pretty common in PHilippines from what I have seen.  

I suggest to do you due diligence on Philippine, the culture and society in the Philippines, it will put you with a marked advantage.  Personal suggestion, look for partner that come from good home and educated, dont waste time on partners with : Kids, No education, Come from broken home, or poor.

On 6/19/2023 at 11:55 PM, Boiler said:

1 in 3 in the US, I do not keep count but would expect it is a lot higher than that on VJ. Or perhaps it is just those I notice?

I have about dozen couple that are Fil-Am we associate with, go on trips, etc. None of them married a woman with child.  3 of them the pinay married the man who already had child.

In general in Philippines if you have child out of wedlock you are shunned, especially by the men from Philippines.

19 hours ago, smore said:

Thanks for your story. I agree that back in the day these dating sites seemed to work much better, there was just not alot of scammers on them. I just do not recall so much BS and scammers on main stream dating sites and I was actually able to go on dates and meet women who became long term girlfriends. Now days it seems its impossible on any of these sites and I have heard that Filipino Cupid is just like all the sites full of fakes.

It does sound like a valid and interesting idea to just go take a vacation there, alone would be difficult, if I had a friend or group of friends to go with, esp other friends who might be single and seeking to date that would help out, sorta having a wing man, and also someone who might know the country, be able to help navigate. Does sound risky, scary, just going there and trying to mingle and find someone, that sorta thing just does not work much anymore here in the USA just meeting someone in the grocery store, now days everyones heads are in technology and some app or site they try and meet on, problem is there are 1000s of sites so who is on what site. But yes it would be amazing to be able to meet someone in person and build that connection. Again would be great to know others who are seeking to do the same thing and get together for a trip to the Philippines.

So what is the "Handcuff" thing?

Handcuff at the airport is a term my buddy uses for guys flying to Philippines first time, some will have a chick meet them at the airport and they will not let him go out get out of their sites.  I was taught to fly to about 3 different airports once you arrive and chat/meet a few chicks at each area and then decide what you would like to explore.

6 hours ago, Jimmyzr1 said:

It should be still free. If you try it, I would suggest you look for ladies to talk with first and if you find a special girl with the personality you like, eventually you could go to meet her. You may either have a few girls at least to meet or if the one you go to meet doesn't work out, then you have to go on your own there. Another avenue, if you're short on time, there is a US based company that has offices in Cebu City and Davao City that set up social events where there are around 10-1 females to men, if that's your thing and you end up with no other options.

I will have to check out that site soon, being able to message a few women, get to know them, find ones in which you like their personality, develop a friendship with and than hopefully more of a connection with as you get to know each other. It would be nice to have a few to meet in person, I always been the type to only focus on 1 person at a time in the initial stages of getting to know each other and going on a date, but sometimes you talk with someone for a bit, go on a date and you just did not feel that connection, now you have to start all over with another 1 person. Guess I just did that out of respect or something, but not sure why because at that stage your just talking. I think alot of people are talking with several people and perhaps that is the way to go no matter where I am finding people abroad or local or USA. When you find that 1 that you go on a date with you connect with best than you move forward just with that person. So again it would be nice to have a few women to meet if traveling to visit.

What company are you talking about where you meet many women at a time, almost like speed dating. Never tried speed dating as where I am located its to small of an area to offer such things. But I have heard of it and really it sounds like its a great idea because you get to mingle with several people and hope for a connection, your odds are just better I would think to find someone. So those social events your talking about in the Philippines sound like an interesting idea. But are the women at those genuine or does it feel like some marriage setup deal, marriage broker I think is there term or something like that? And with limited time it sounds like a good option, but the only downfall is you don't get to build some connection before going there and meeting like you would with meeting them online, messaging for a bit.

I have always been the focus on 1 but it would be nice to go on a few dates during my time there. Unless I develop this amazing connection with just 1 via messaging, but still just as I have done in the past I may lock myself into them and than when meeting if that connection is there now I have no other options. Here is the USA it was not such a big deal, you just move forward trying to meet someone and go on another date, but traveling so far and for things not to work out and having no other options would be wasteful.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

***Moved to Off Topic discussion area****

Unfollowing....

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate..