cryshiabelen

I Need an Advise please

26 posts in this topic

I did petition my mom and after 2 years, she arrived here in the United States. It was a very stressful yet fulfilling experience since I was able to see my mom and she can totally meet her grand-daughter.  When she is still in Philippines, she was really enthusiastic about bonding with her grand daughter but once she was here, everything changed.  She became really toxic to the point that it already damages my relationship with my husband plus my mental health.  Now, after being here for just 3 weeks, she wants to go back to Philippines. She said she doesn't care how much hardwork we put on and the time and money we spent.   Everything was so stressful. 

She had received her Social Security but not her GC.  The health department called up stating that she needs to undergo TB testing so that they can clear her GC. My problem is that after 3 weeks arriving here, 😢my mom wants to go home now and I am stuck in the situation.  In case that she goes back home, will it affect her status here in US? Will she be barred from coming back to the US and being petitioned again?

For me as the Petitioner, will it affect me in anyway about the US Law?  

Any advise will be a great help. Thank you in advance. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
3 minutes ago, cryshiabelen said:

In case that she goes back home, will it affect her status here in US? Will she be barred from coming back to the US and being petitioned again?

She remains an an LPR until a judge revokes her status. At 181 or more consecutive days of absence, she can be suspected of abandoning LPR status and given a notice to appear. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

No problem going home, do not forget she needs to file the I 407.

Might be easier to get a B if she wishes to visit in the future.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Thank you so much for all of your reply.  I think on my moms case, I can't apply for a B visa. I received a call from  the local public health here in our state that my mom needs to undergo TB testing, assessment and treatment (just incase she tested positive) next month for her green card and she doesn't want to attend it.  She wants to leave ASAP this week.  I'm really torn, sad and a bit upset. 😢

Timeline
4 hours ago, cryshiabelen said:

I received a call from  the local public health here in our state that my mom needs to undergo TB testing, assessment and treatment (just incase she tested positive) next month for her green card

I have never heard of such a thing. Sounds like a scam.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I think I have, but the details are fuzzy

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

7 minutes ago, Mike E said:

My MIL just arrived from Philippines and I flew with her and went through immigration with her. She popped positive last year in the Sputum and went through the TB treatment. 

In secondary we had a slight delay while the officers waited for CDC officials to come in. They explained to me that she would be contacted by state health officials for some follow on about her TB and asked for two good contact numbers. 

No one called yet but she's only been here three weeks. 

So very possible. 

Edited by jskibo

3 hours ago, Mike E said:

A F4 derivative child from India who was flagged in the Medical check up and later cleared was issued the immigrant visa along with the parents! They arrived here in New Jersey. Local health department contacted the new immigrants and told them that the child has to go for TB testing and if needed medication! I don’t know how the local health department came to know of this! I am assuming that all immigrants who had tested positive for TB at any point of time are referred to the local health departments in the address they provided! 

Timeline
6 hours ago, jskibo said:

My MIL just arrived from Philippines and I flew with her and went through immigration with her. She popped positive last year in the Sputum and went through the TB treatment. 

In secondary we had a slight delay while the officers waited for CDC officials to come in. They explained to me that she would be contacted by state health officials for some follow on about her TB and asked for two good contact numbers. 

No one called yet but she's only been here three weeks. 

So very possible. 

3 hours ago, Aluvaboy said:

A F4 derivative child from India who was flagged in the Medical check up and later cleared was issued the immigrant visa along with the parents! They arrived here in New Jersey. Local health department contacted the new immigrants and told them that the child has to go for TB testing and if needed medication! I don’t know how the local health department came to know of this! I am assuming that all immigrants who had tested positive for TB at any point of time are referred to the local health departments in the address they provided! 

And each case the LPR was threatened with revocation of LPR status?

6 minutes ago, Mike E said:

No. LPR was not threatened with revocation. They just told the child to be taken to a county hospital and have tested for TB. The parents did as they were told and complied. Testing was completed and was found negative! Was send back home and they have been living happily in the US for the last 18 months! Child is in school and both parents are working full time. One other sibling started college last year! She is pursuing a degree in Pharmacy!

51 minutes ago, Mike E said:

OP was threatened with that?  Not seeing it in her statement 

Edited by jskibo

12 hours ago, cryshiabelen said:

Thank you so much for all of your reply.  I think on my moms case, I can't apply for a B visa. I received a call from  the local public health here in our state that my mom needs to undergo TB testing, assessment and treatment (just incase she tested positive) next month for her green card

Ok that’s kinda strange especially if ur mom got the visa overseas means she is LPR and her medical is clear. Am I wrong ?  

I can only tell u my experience. I did AOS and the medical in US found out I’m TB positive on the bloodwork. The chest X-ray which is requirement here showed that its clear means my TB is doormant. Doctor have to report to department of health.Public nurse indeed called me not for a test but to offer treatment and I need to go to TB clinic for assessment ( not test ). It’s optional. I don’t have to take the treatment ( have to take medication for 4 months and no booze is really really tough for me ) if I don’t have to and no one can force me to. I decided to take it and she did house visit after that and we chatted a bit before we started. That’s it 

btw I feel from ur post that u are more concern about ur mom situation than herself, correct me if I’m wrong, regarding what happened next time if she want to visit. Are u sure that she want to visit after this issue ? What I’m trying to say, maybe she doesn’t even want to go to the US anymore. 

Edited by Misscloud

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.