73 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

Also, in prior thread, other members pointed out that his wife had enough to file for VAWA for herself and the kids.  OP might be out of the equation 😕

Not when she says she's only married me out of pity and that she would divorce me as soon as she gets her GC. 

Not to mention that she's got a temper and has thrown things around the house, especially when I was holding a 2 month old baby. I may have punched her in the shoulder a year ago, but she also stuck her hand in my face while I was driving and nearly caused me to hit some pedestrians. 

31 minutes ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

Not when she says she's only married me out of pity and that she would divorce me as soon as she gets her GC. 

Not to mention that she's got a temper and has thrown things around the house, especially when I was holding a 2 month old baby. I may have punched her in the shoulder a year ago, but she also stuck her hand in my face while I was driving and nearly caused me to hit some pedestrians. 

How will the adjudicators know about these incidents of violence? 

if your wife files VAWA, they won’t be knocking on your door to hear your side of the story. 
You won’t even know if she files VAWA or not… 

But, she will be able to tell her side of the story. 

Timeline
42 minutes ago, ROK2USA said:

How will the adjudicators know about these incidents of violence? 

if your wife files VAWA, they won’t be knocking on your door to hear your side of the story. 
You won’t even know if she files VAWA or not… 

But, she will be able to tell her side of the story. 

And how will they be able to corroborate her story? Otherwise anyone could claim VAWA. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 hour ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

I said this earlier. 

So you know this but still trying to be a knight in shining armor? Divorce her before she does you. Let her and her kids struggle. The father of those kids did it. Why should you be the one fixing a broken pipe? 

And do you feel good when someone tells you they married you out of pity?

Plan a trip to the Philippines for everyone. When you get there, leave them, pass by Thailand, enjoy all you can and then back to US for you. She can't come back because she doesn't have GC nor AP.

You must be feeling that you scored some young hot Filipina whom you can't let go, despite all the mistreatment. In a few months after she gets her GC and leave you for whoever currently waiting behind the curtains, you'll be back here asking us how to deport her. 

Man, there's something wrong with you. I'm Mike-E-ing. I can't. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
51 minutes ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

And how will they be able to corroborate her story? Otherwise anyone could claim VAWA. 

Hopefully you have twigged.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
33 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

They will not be corroborating it through you. They will not contact you and you will not get to tell them any details. This is will be adjudicated complete without you. That’s how it works. This is not a criminal court case. I’m not saying all VAWA are honest but this is done to protect victims of violence so they do not become a victims again once the abuser hears about the VAWA case.

That's hogwash. She could lie 100%. And blame me for everything. She has no proof of anything. 

22 minutes ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

That's hogwash. She could lie 100%. And blame me for everything. She has no proof of anything. 

Hence, as most people suggest here - move out, divorce, withdraw your petition.

The rest is up to her.

Edited by OldUser

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.