BB_mamshie

Incompetence of USPS

13 posts in this topic

Hello. Im the beneficiary and my daughter (US Citizen) is the petitioner. We filed Concurrent I485/I130. According to informed delivery i was supposed to receive my receipts last thursday. However to this day the letters never arrived. I finally caught up with the postman and he said they were probably returned to sender due to the last name on the letter not being recognized as the resident (DESPITE MY DAUGHTERS NAME BEING DIRECTLY UNDER MINE ON THE LETTER IS THE IN CARE OF). What can i do now? What will happen when USCIS recieves the letters back? I dont have an A-number, i entered the USA on a Tourist visa, and my daughter received her interview or citizenship and passed while i was here in US. The only thing i have is my passport number and I94 number. Will USCIS send the reciepts again? Now i am concerned what will happen to my fingerpritnt appointment notice...

The postman did write my last name down in the box next to my daughters (she is married using her husbands surname). 

Any tips or advice on what to do next or move forward will be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

And to elaborate on their incompetence, the postmen here on the military base are mess up like this daily.. putting mail in the wrong boxes, delivering packages to the wrong addresses etc.. its a huge issue to the point theres a facebook group for the military base to exchanged misdelivered packages..... 

LPR filing F2A for Child under 21:

Filed I130 online: 12OCT23

Receipt Notice: 12OCT23

Service Center: TSC

Multiple Emails stating action taken on case: 12-14OCT23

Estimated Time for Case Decision 3 months as of 14OCT23

Three more action taken on case emails: 15oct23

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

It's Christmas. Mail is slow and all over the place. Most get rectified by 2nd week of January. Relax.

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

3 hours ago, BB_mamshie said:

Hello. Im the beneficiary and my daughter (US Citizen) is the petitioner. We filed Concurrent I485/I130. According to informed delivery i was supposed to receive my receipts last thursday. However to this day the letters never arrived. I finally caught up with the postman and he said they were probably returned to sender due to the last name on the letter not being recognized as the resident (DESPITE MY DAUGHTERS NAME BEING DIRECTLY UNDER MINE ON THE LETTER IS THE IN CARE OF). What can i do now? What will happen when USCIS recieves the letters back? I dont have an A-number, i entered the USA on a Tourist visa, and my daughter received her interview or citizenship and passed while i was here in US. The only thing i have is my passport number and I94 number. Will USCIS send the reciepts again? Now i am concerned what will happen to my fingerpritnt appointment notice...

The postman did write my last name down in the box next to my daughters (she is married using her husbands surname). 

Any tips or advice on what to do next or move forward will be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

And to elaborate on their incompetence, the postmen here on the military base are mess up like this daily.. putting mail in the wrong boxes, delivering packages to the wrong addresses etc.. its a huge issue to the point theres a facebook group for the military base to exchanged misdelivered packages..... 

uh, I’m addition to holidays wasn’t 70% of the United States just subjected to severe weather events?  

Maybe chill a tiny bit and give them a chance.

Thank you both for your input.. neither of which answered my question. Perhaps you missed the part where the postman told me it was sent back. This issue has nothing to do with the weather or the holiday. It’s been like this since for over a year for this area. I’ve had to “deliver” countless other residents packages do to being delivered to me. And several times had to pick my mail or packages up from other residents. (Packages and letters). The informed delivery has been correct every single day except the day I was supposed to receive the letters from USCIS… so once again.. no weather not holidays… incompetence of the deliverer not reading one line down from my name to see my daughter the residents name and deliver the mail…

so once again, if any one has real advice on what steps I can take since my letters were returned.. 

on top of that… I’ve received no email or texts from USCIS despite including G1145 for everyone form in my packet 🤦🏻‍♂️

Edited by BB_mamshie

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

"probably sent back" is vastly different from "sent back"

Wait a few days first, and if you still have not received the NOA1 then contact USCIS.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
3 hours ago, BB_mamshie said:

so once again, if any one has real advice on what steps I can take since my letters were returned.. 

The real advice is wait at least three weeks after the NY to even start getting worried.

I also have USPS and sometimes it gives me an image of mail that I don’t get until the next day or so. Meaning, it’s not 100% accurate. 
And about the G-1145, sometimes they do send you notifications, sometimes they don’t. 
Relax.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

11 hours ago, BB_mamshie said:

we have USPS informed delivery and my documents from USCIS didn’t even show up in the email… it was also delivered AFTER my regular mail so… I’m not sure you should believe 100% what your post person said because 1.) They might not have been the person delivering that particular piece of mail and 2.) They could be just guessing about what happened to your receipts. 
I would wait another 3 weeks before starting to really worry. The mail is really not great all over right now… we’ve been waiting for mail that was supposed to arrive 2nd week of December and it is still en route. 
IN ADDITION, please have some empathy for delivery carriers they are slammed with work right now and all fairly stressed… 

39 minutes ago, Timona said:

You shouldn't even be complaining since you intentionally overstayed your B-2 (entry May 2022) because your daughter was going to naturalize and as soon as she did, you had your AOS package enroute. 

Practice the same patience you had while you overstayed. As others have also stated, your mail will get there.

I had all intentions of returning to my home country. No one expected my daughter would have received the interview as quickly as she did, she only filed N400 around the same time i arrived. I did not overstay my B2, she received her interview and passed and we submitted the documents to adjust status before i overstayed the visa. So not sure what point youre trying to make. What does that have to do with this any way? Its my daughters right as a US Citizen to be able to petition her parent. Thats what she was told by the officer, and she even said i was visiting on b2 and she was told i could stay and file the AOS. So dont act like i did anything wrong. 

In addition.. i did contact USCIS today. My advice to ALL of you that has provided nothing but criticism, trust your gut feeling with your stuff. USCIS said the notices had been returned. ON TOP OF THAT one of them was my biometrics appointment for the first week of January! So everyone telling me be patient wait 1 week wait 3 weeks... waiting would have me missing my biometrics and going through the hassle of rescheduling. 

So for anyone else that has a situation like mine the solution was: 

Call USCIS at 800-375-5283. The first thing they asked for was of course the Receipt number or A number. I explained the situation with the mail and he was able to pull up information using my daughters I130 petition for me that we had submitted shortly after her naturalization. He provided me All receipt numbers for my I485/I765/I131 as well as provided the information for my biometrics appointment. He provided directions for pulling the receipt and bio appt notice from my uscis account. He was very helpful and he too explained his frustration with USPS and how this happens very often with letters not being delivered despite having an "In care of" line under the receivers name. 

Thank you all for your advice of patience and understanding. I hope this post can help others. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Ooo boy 🤦🏽‍♂️

1. Nobody has a right to anything, moreso, those naturalized. You've started the "right" game way too early. Pipen down. 

2. You talked to Tier 1. It seems you're new to the Tier 1 carousel. 

3. You still maxed out your stay till she naturalized. That's the bold factor.

I'm Mike-E-ing.

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

11 minutes ago, Timona said:

Ooo boy 🤦🏽‍♂️

1. Nobody has a right to anything, moreso, those naturalized. You've started the "right" game way too early. Pipen down. 

2. You talked to Tier 1. It seems you're new to the Tier 1 carousel. 

3. You still maxed out your stay till she naturalized. That's the bold factor.

I'm Mike-E-ing.

1. Youre incredible. Every US Citizen naturalized or not has the same rights.. and suggesting otherwise speaks alot of your character and view of immigrants. 

2. Tier 1 or Tier 20.. the information was accurate and problem was solved

3. I was legally allowed to stay for 6 months. I submitted my AOS before the end of the 6 months. Everything was legal... so once again not sure what the issue is. 

This is my last reply to you and this post. Im the original poster, i found the solution and posted it for others who may find themselves in this same situation. Theres no reason for this to go any further. 

Edited by BB_mamshie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Thread locked to further replies. The OP has left this thread. it is not to be restarted or referred back to in any shape or form.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.