Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About throwitaway

  • Rank
    Senior Member
  • Member # 421973
  • Location Toronto, ON, Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. I must have read your initial post wrong, as I swear you said her name is Jennifer and is spelled as such on her passport, so I’m not sure why that one vs the BC would be corrected.
  2. You should correct the BC. From NS Vital Stats: “Occasionally birth records need to be amended, when an error has been made or for another reason, such as adding the father’s name. If you would like to correct an error or omission that was made in the original Registration of Birth, contact the Nova Scotia Vital Statistics Office by calling (902) 424-4381 or by sending an e-mail to vstat@gov.ns.ca. In some cases, a change or correction to a person’s name does not require a legal change of name under the Change of Name Act. An agent of Vital Statistics will evaluate your request to find out whether your name can be corrected through the amendment process of the Vital Statistics Act.”
  3. This is DS5535, so it‘s not just a PCC check. This is extreme vetting, and multiple agencies are now involved for clearance. The visa won’t be issued until all the agencies have returned with advisory. Montreal is infamous for this.
  4. Hmm, you definitely should go to a deferred inspection site and get the record corrected. This could cause issues during naturalization.
  5. There is an existing megathread about this: Medical is good only for 6 months from date of medical. Police certificate is good for two years, but they often ask for another one. DS5535 at Montreal is usually 6+ months.
  6. Source for this? As far as I know Canadians should not exceed 6 months in a 12 month period, the presence is not reset upon return to Canada i.e; stay for 6 months, come back to Canada and return to the US with a new 6 month allowance. Diversity
  7. The Philippines’ Balikbayan program allows a one-year visa-free stay for Filipinos working overseas and for former Filipinos who have acquired citizenship in certain countries, like the United States. The visa-free stay privilege is extended to the balikbayan’s non-Filipino spouse and children, on the two conditions that (1) they enter the Philippines with the balikbayan and (2) they are citizens of an eligible country, like the United States. I am a former citizen of the Philippines and have returned to PI as Balikbayan.
  8. If I’m not mistaken, you are eligible for the Balikbayan visa at Philippine Port of Entry by virtue of your spouse (unless you are a same sex couple), as such you can stay for one year visa free.
  9. Yes, in typical WoM cases that timeline looks good. In worst case scenario the timeline can be much longer if the government fights. If I’m not mistaken, judges have no deadlines for ruling on a motion+countermotion. This is rare.
  10. If you do a consult with them they can explain the process to you in depth. Once the lawsuit is filed the government has 60 days to respond. It’s not uncommon for them to ask for an extension which can push their response a month or two more. Hopefully their response in the end is to issue the visa.
  • Create New...