KAP2019

I-751 December 2022 Filers

288 posts in this topic

On 4/3/2023 at 8:49 AM, whiterose123 said:

Hey y'all,

Did anyone receive the 48 months extension letter after receiving the 24 months one ?

I just received the 48 months extension two days ago. 

Received the 48 month green card extension today.

I filed with a divorce waiver after the completion of the divorce. Anyone else traveled/plan to travel with the extension letter and this waiver? I'm nervous about traveling outside of the US with this...

2 hours ago, Ronnie12345 said:

Received the 48 month green card extension today.

I filed with a divorce waiver after the completion of the divorce. Anyone else traveled/plan to travel with the extension letter and this waiver? I'm nervous about traveling outside of the US with this...

Why are you nervous? You're LPR with a pending I-751 and have all the rights to travel with expired GC and extension letter.

49 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Why are you nervous? Your LPR with a pending I-751 and have all the rights to travel with expired GC and extension letter.

Isn’t it always at the discretion of the immigration officer at the border? I’m worried that I’ll be treated suspiciously with a pending I-751 with a divorce waiver. And when I get nervous I fumble and that would only create more suspicion…

1 hour ago, Ronnie12345 said:

Isn’t it always at the discretion of the immigration officer at the border? I’m worried that I’ll be treated suspiciously with a pending I-751 with a divorce waiver. And when I get nervous I fumble and that would only create more suspicion…

LPRs cannot be denied entry. Visa holders can be denied entry.

On 4/5/2023 at 4:37 PM, Ronnie12345 said:

as long as your 751 is not denied that you have nothing to worry 

duh

17 minutes ago, igoyougoduke said:

as long as your 751 is not denied that you have nothing to worry 

Even if denied, only immigration judge can take somebody's LPR status away. Unless LPR gives up status voluntarily. Even with denied petition, a CBP should let the LPR into the US. Of course, it's best not to travel in those situations.

On 4/5/2023 at 7:37 PM, Ronnie12345 said:

hahahaha. I think 40% to 50% marriages in the US lead to divorce. Divorce is very common......

Also as fyi I think maybe around 2 to 3 percent of I751's get denied and even after denial it's the discretion of the judge to revoke it which is not that easy. So perhaps even less than 1% get actually denied and maybe revoked (some end up filing another I751) SO THE CHANCES ARE VERY LOW. The border officer is probbaly more concered with his/her mortgage than your divorce and doesn't care. Obviously this would not be the case if you were a member of the communist party or some organization that was federally prosecuted or something, But divorce is HIGHLY unlikely to lead to any suspicion with the border guy.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

I just got yesterday my extension letter for 48 months after getting the 24 months one back in December 2022

AOS from K1

January 31, 2020:  Sent AOS application packet.

February 4, 2020: NOA date.

February 10, 2020: NOAs received.

February 19, 2020: Biometrics notice received.

February 25, 2020: Biometrics Appt.

August 18, 2020: EAD Approval notice.

August 27, 2020: EAD card received.

August 28, 2020: " Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview " 

September 21, 2020: SNN card received.

January 14, 2021: " Interview was scheduled "

January 22, 2021 : Interview letter received.

February 24, 2021 : Interview day.

February 24, 2021 : " New card is being produced "

February 25, 2021 : " Case was approved "

March 2, 2021 : Approval Letter received in the mail

March 3, 2021 : " Card was picked up by the USPS "

March 3, 2021 : " Notice was returned to the USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it "

March 4, 2021 : Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2021 : " Card was delivered to me by the Post Office "

March 7, 2021 : " Duplicate Notice was mailed "

Hi everyone,

We received our 48-month letter today. Texas Service Center, case was received Dec 30, 2022. 

event.png

ROC Timeline:

• December 24, 2022: 90-day window opened
  • December 27, 2022: Sent via USPS to Phoenix Lockbox
  • December 29, 2022: Delivered
  • December 30, 2022: Case marked as received
  • January 5, 2023: Text message received 
  • January 11, 2023: NOA1 letter received, dated January 4, 2023
  • April 12, 2023: 48-month extension letter received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

Received our 48 month extension letter as well. Wasn't quite expecting anything from USCIS, so it threw me off when I saw it on USPS Informed Delivery.

Edited by TandClaudia
Spoiler

K1

I-129F Sent: 3/1/19

CSC Received: 3/7/19

NOA1: 3/12/19

NOA2: 5/30/19 (No RFE

NVC Received: 6/21/19

Case Number Assigned: 6/22/19

NVC Left: 7/9/19

Consulate Received: 7/11/19

Interview: 8/15/19

POE 8/31/19

MARRIED! (L) 11/1/19

AOS Sent: 2/18/20

AOS Delivered: 2/20/20

Text Notifications of AOS Received: 2/27/20

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: 3/2/20

Biometrics Notice: 3/5/20

Biometrics Appointment: 3/19/20 (Rescheduled due to Covid-19 to 3/31/20. Rescheduled again for 9/1/20)

EAD Approval 7/27/20

AP Approval 7/27/20

Just for fun while we wait, what is your estimated approval date as per visa journey? Mine started as Sept 28 2024 and my last update was Aug 14 2024

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.