JojoandTomas

SEPTEMBER 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

186 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi All, My NOA 2 was approved on September 12, 2022. The query was sent to NVCResearch on October 26, 2022, and I got the answer on November 2, 2022, saying they had received our case from USCIS. and we also sent the public query on October 27, 2022, and got the answer on November 11, 2022, saying they hadn't received our case from USCIS yet. This is so confusing to me. I am not sure what to do for the next step. Should I contact USCIS or just wait? Anyone have experience with this? Thank you in advance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
29 minutes ago, OumTH said:

Hi All, My NOA 2 was approved on September 12, 2022. The query was sent to NVCResearch on October 26, 2022, and I got the answer on November 2, 2022, saying they had received our case from USCIS. and we also sent the public query on October 27, 2022, and got the answer on November 11, 2022, saying they hadn't received our case from USCIS yet. This is so confusing to me. I am not sure what to do for the next step. Should I contact USCIS or just wait? Anyone have experience with this? Thank you in advance.

I also had similar experience.

1. NVCResearch response on October 14 (email sent on October 11 for petition status):

The National Visa Center (NVC) has received your petition and will send detailed instructions to the petitioner, principal applicant, and attorney of record (if applicable) soon.” 

2. AskNVC response on October 24 (Inquiry on September 19 for email address update):

The National Visa Center (NVC) recently received your immigrant visa petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Your petition is now waiting for data entry into our systems.”  

3. AskNVC response on November 2 (Inquiry on October 6 for petition status):

“Thank you for your inquiry. Our records do not show that we received your petition.”

“If your petition was approved before the dates NVC is working on, please send us a scanned copy of your I-797 or I-171 Notice of Action - Approval Notice.  You can attach it to an email and send it to nvcresearch@state.gov.”

4.  NVCResearch response on November 7 (Email sent on November 2 with approved NOA2 and with two conflicting approved petition status email responses attached):

The National Visa Center (NVC) recently received your immigrant visa petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Your petition is now waiting for data entry into our systems.

As soon as your case is in our systems, we will send a Welcome Letter and instructions. Then, if you still need help updating your case, you can contact us by using one of the methods listed on https://nvc.state.gov/ask.”

You can send email to NVCResearch with approved NOA2 attached and ask again what’s going on.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
38 minutes ago, GG & SG said:

I also had similar experience.

1. NVCResearch response on October 14 (email sent on October 11 for petition status):

The National Visa Center (NVC) has received your petition and will send detailed instructions to the petitioner, principal applicant, and attorney of record (if applicable) soon.” 

2. AskNVC response on October 24 (Inquiry on September 19 for email address update):

The National Visa Center (NVC) recently received your immigrant visa petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Your petition is now waiting for data entry into our systems.”  

3. AskNVC response on November 2 (Inquiry on October 6 for petition status):

“Thank you for your inquiry. Our records do not show that we received your petition.”

“If your petition was approved before the dates NVC is working on, please send us a scanned copy of your I-797 or I-171 Notice of Action - Approval Notice.  You can attach it to an email and send it to nvcresearch@state.gov.”

4.  NVCResearch response on November 7 (Email sent on November 2 with approved NOA2 and with two conflicting approved petition status email responses attached):

The National Visa Center (NVC) recently received your immigrant visa petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Your petition is now waiting for data entry into our systems.

As soon as your case is in our systems, we will send a Welcome Letter and instructions. Then, if you still need help updating your case, you can contact us by using one of the methods listed on https://nvc.state.gov/ask.”

You can send email to NVCResearch with approved NOA2 attached and ask again what’s going on.

Thank you so much. I will do what you advise.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Been waiting 73 days since approval for an update. Just filed a congressional inquiry to see if they can help me locate the case number and if it's been shipped to embassy already. Very frustrating... -_- 

I send inquiry to NVC and they said they will let me know when they will send my case to consult/embassy also gave me case number.  The case number that was given is this the case number we need? And how come we never got any  emails about letting us know they have received our case from uscis ? Does case number starts with certain letters? Thank you 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On 11/8/2022 at 1:32 AM, Cheddy said:

Sept 27th: Approved by USCIS
Oct 7th: Sent AskNVC form to update emails
Oct 30th: Emailed NVCResearch asking for case number
Nov 2nd: NVCResearch responded saying the NVC has not received the case.
Nov 3rd: Received response from AskNVC that they have not received it and it can take up to six weeks, and to email i797 to NVCResearch
Nov 6th: Sent email to NVC research with attatched i797
Nov 7th: Called USCIS, they told me I was approved on the 26th (a day earlier than I thought) but had no info on if or when they sent the case to the NVC.

Currently at 41 days from approval

Did you receive an email from NVC? Did they receive your case from USCIS?

Oct 25th, we received an email from AskNVC saying that they had our case. 

Nov 11th, we reached out a local congressman but haven’t got any reply from him or NVC.

Two months passed from NOA 2 (9/15).

Edited by Ako & Rich

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Ako & Rich said:

Did you receive an email from NVC? Did they receive your case from USCIS?

Oct 25th, we received an email from AskNVC saying that they had our case. 

Nov 11th, we reached out a local congressman but haven’t got any reply from him or NVC.

Two months passed from NOA 2 (9/15).

Not yet. I received word on Nov 10th that they received the case. I'm waiting a few more days before I email and ask again.

Sept 27th: Approved by USCIS
Oct 7th: Sent AskNVC form to update emails
Oct 30th: Emailed NVCResearch asking for case number
Nov 2nd: NVCResearch responded saying the NVC has not recieved the case
Nov 3rd: Recieved responce from AskNVC that they have not recieved it and it can take up to six weeks, and to email i797 to NVCResearch
Nov 6th: Sent email to NVC research with attatched i797
Nov 7th: Called USCIS, they told me I was approved on the 26th (a day earlier than I thought) but had no info on if or when they sent the case to the NVC
Nov 7th: Emailed Italian Embassy - auto responce no russians
Nov 7th: Emailed Jerusalem Embassy
Nov 9th: Emailed San Salvador Embassy
Nov 9th: Recieved Responce from Jerusalem - accepting transfer
Nov 9th: Emailed Tbilisi Embassy
Nov 9th: Emailed Almaty Embassy
Nov 10th: Received email from NVCResearch case is received, will send a welcome letter when it is processed.
Nov 10th: Accepted Transfer to Jerusalem
Nov 13th: Almaty Embassy emailed and rejected the case transfer
Nov 15th: Tbilisi Embassy emailed and rejected the case transfer

4 hours ago, Parallel Oddling said:

That number is your case number from NVC, it should start with three letters (indicating the country Embassy) followed by ten digits (if it starts with WAC then its not the NVC case number). It seems that NVC has your case and will notify you once the case is forwarded to the Embassy/Consulate. Going forward this is how you track the case, go to this site and put that number into the filed, make sure immigrant visa is selected from the drop down. It will go through the following phases: 'at NVC', 'Transit', 'Ready' once its showing 'Ready', you can fill out the DS-160, pay MRV fee and schedule interview. 

The last sentence above and the order of how things are done is country specific, please fill out your timeline so others can help you more specifically if needed. 

I did try that site you posted and I put the number in but it doesn’t open a web site. However another page opens and has another link but requires invoice ID number or something like that. I think I have to wait for the welcome letter from NVC? so I can get that Invoice ID number. Also thank you for reply 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Orest said:

Anyone has any idea of the timelines for this? I never hoped to get an answer in 2-4 weeks and was silently waiting for the 60 day mark, and now it's day 63 and still nothing. These people are out of this world

According to this it takes 48 days (currently) just to be received by NVC.

K1 Fiance Visa Historical Processing Times - USCIS Immigration Processing Times - VisaJourney

nav.gif Step 3: I-129F Approval Time (NOA2) until NVC Receives (time it takes to ship and receive approved I-129F)

noa2-nvcr-history.gif

Edited by MarJhi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.