JojoandTomas

SEPTEMBER 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

186 posts in this topic

Welcome and Congratulations on your approval!

This thread was created for those who are waiting for their NOA2  K-1 case assignment from NVC and then tracking your case onwards to your Embassy.  

A few helpful NVC links:

NVC phone number is  (603)334-0888

🚨  Please note:  They are currently not answering queries over the phone! 🚨

They are answering through the below email :

➡️   NVCinquiry@state.gov ⬅️

Once you’ve received your NVC case number you can track your case online using the following link, until it is sent to your embassy:

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV

If you need to change an address or need to update your info in anyway NVC has a public inquiry form where you can submit your request:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

Inside the attached PDF below are a few tips, tricks and hacks to help you along the way.

These are items that everyone asks for, so they have been put together by Greenbaum for you to refer to when necessary. If you are new to this thread, please read as these are most asked questions.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfin98c33IEpB0T0FlURERriblYmlm5O/view?usp=sharing

I was previously including a 2022 shipping dates chart that’s created based off last years data, but I’ve been told the shipping dates have changed this year and I have not located an accurate chart. If anyone has located an accurate chart, please feel free to share it below! 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

USCIS Case Tracker shows I was approved 2022-09-29. I have not received the physical approval letter yet. Should I 'update' my email addresses through Public Inquiry Form now or wait till I receive the approval notice in the mail?

Ref:

Public Inquiry Form: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

Edited by PeterCrist

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 9/9/2022 at 6:01 PM, JojoandTomas said:

They are answering through the below email :

➡️   NVCinquiry@state.gov ⬅️

Thanks for the helpful info.  What information is needed when emailing them?  I was approved early September. 

Thank you!

For updating our email addresses with NVC - I read through the helpful tips PDF and it says to update our emails once NVC receives the packet. 

Should we be updating them earlier? Otherwise how do we know NVC received our application?

We received our NOA2 in September. 

Edited by drussell024

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Sharing some news - yesterday, via NVC research mail I got confirmation that NVC received our case.

Our NOA2 date is 6th September. So that's some 37 days from approval.

My NOA2 poped up in the app on 09/12. But on 09/13, it changed like it was just being approved and the app and the website keep this date as the “legal” one (09/13). In the letter says that our NOA2 is valid from 09/09/22 to 01/08/23. So I am considering the last date (09/09). We called USCIS yesterday and they told us that our case is in transit since 10/07 and that this should be updated by yesterday or today. We called today and still only “in transit”. We emailed NVC again and we are waiting for their reply to confirm if the case got there or not. 

does anyone knows what this “in transit from USCIS to NVC” means? Or how long we will wait until we hear something?

Edited by Milenaarmstrong

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

NOA2 09/13/22.

Sent email to NVCResearch@state.gov on Tuesday 10/11. Received response today:

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) has received your petition and will send detailed instructions to the petitioner, principal applicant, and attorney of record (if applicable) soon.

To make sure your private information stays protected, send future inquiries and attachments using the Public Inquiry form only. You can find it at https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry.

Remember, you must provide privacy information to receive case specific information.  Please limit your inquiry to one case per submission.

Regards,

Ellen | Inquiry Management

Department of State CA/VO/DO/NVC

LDRM | DTSV | Contractor

DOS - National Visa Center

NVCResearch@state.gov

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Fellow sufferers, any thoughts about incoming shipping date on next Tuesday, is there a ground for hope we can get our numbers in this round? July NOAs are apparently mostly done, August yes and no, us September ones are on the edge of our nerves.

5 hours ago, JankoB said:

Fellow sufferers, any thoughts about incoming shipping date on next Tuesday, is there a ground for hope we can get our numbers in this round? July NOAs are apparently mostly done, August yes and no, us September ones are on the edge of our nerves.

I wish it could happen but current case creation timeframe is 26 days. So I don’t think there’s enough time to get our cases Nadine next Tuesday 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 10/14/2022 at 11:59 PM, GG & SG said:

NOA2 09/13/22.

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) has received your petition and will send detailed instructions to the petitioner, principal applicant, and attorney of record (if applicable) soon.

To make sure your private information stays protected, send future inquiries and attachments using the Public Inquiry form only. You can find it at https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry.

Remember, you must provide privacy information to receive case specific information.  Please limit your inquiry to one case per submission.

Regards,

LDRM | DTSV | Contractor

NVCResearch@state.gov

I received this message last night. Had emailed nvcresearch Friday. Noa2 9/13/2022

2 hours ago, andrewsax said:

I received this message last night. Had emailed nvcresearch Friday. Noa2 9/13/2022

On 10/14/2022 at 11:59 PM, GG & SG said:

NOA2 09/13/22.

Dear Sir/Madam:

Regards,

LDRM | DTSV | Contractor

NVCResearch@state.gov

I received this email as well on 10/26.
I sent them an email on 10/20.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.