JojoandTomas

SEPTEMBER 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

186 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, MarJhi said:

According to this it takes 48 days (currently) just to be received by NVC.

K1 Fiance Visa Historical Processing Times - USCIS Immigration Processing Times - VisaJourney

nav.gif Step 3: I-129F Approval Time (NOA2) until NVC Receives (time it takes to ship and receive approved I-129F)

noa2-nvcr-history.gif

Are they using carrier pigeons?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Orest said:

Are they using carrier pigeons?

I am assuming it ships there quickly, but sits in a pile waiting to be officially marked as received for weeks on end. Then it sits in another pile and waits to be processed into the system.

I would expect it to slow down even more due to the upcoming Holiday season.

Edited by MarJhi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
11 hours ago, OumTH said:

Hi all, I got a case number from my inquiry and check status is at NVC. I do wonder how many day the status will change to in transit ?

E749068D-0700-4A3E-B4B4-F231DD098885.jpeg

I got my case number through my local US Congressman's office. Can you send me the link to the website where I can see the status similar to above for my case number? I tried one link that is asking for invoice number, which I don't have.

The email they forawrded to me from NVC says following:

"The NVC was recently notified that the U.S. Consulate General in Mumbai, India will allow the NVC to send K1 petitions to the U.S. Consulate General. Currently, this case is in administrative processing while waiting for transfer to the U.S. Consulate General. Unfortunately, there is no timeframe for administrative processing to be completed. However, the NVC will send notification of transfer by email once the NVC has sent the case to the U.S. Consulate General."

Does anyone know what this means "Currently, this case is in administrative processing while waiting for transfer to the U.S. Consulate General"?

Thanks in advance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, GG & SG said:

Never mind, I got answer to my first question about the site link to check the case status - CEAC (state.gov)

I would still like to know what this means if anyone heard or knows about it -  "Currently, this case is in administrative processing while waiting for transfer to the U.S. Consulate General"

On 10/14/2022 at 6:50 PM, Milenaarmstrong said:

My NOA2 poped up in the app on 09/12. But on 09/13, it changed like it was just being approved and the app and the website keep this date as the “legal” one (09/13). In the letter says that our NOA2 is valid from 09/09/22 to 01/08/23. So I am considering the last date (09/09). We called USCIS yesterday and they told us that our case is in transit since 10/07 and that this should be updated by yesterday or today. We called today and still only “in transit”. We emailed NVC again and we are waiting for their reply to confirm if the case got there or not. 

does anyone knows what this “in transit from USCIS to NVC” means? Or how long we will wait until we hear something?

I'm responding so late to this post--I just discovered this forum. I had the same issue with my NOA2. 9/12 on the app then again on 9/13, but on the paper approval it says 9/9. USCIS seems to see the 9/13 date. USCIS never even noted on their end that my case was shipped to NVC, but NVC responded to me on 10/21 that they received my case (to 2 separate inquiries). It looks like we have similar timelines with NOA2/NVC and I have not received a case number yet. Hopefully we will soon! 

3 minutes ago, Optimist19 said:

I'm responding so late to this post--I just discovered this forum. I had the same issue with my NOA2. 9/12 on the app then again on 9/13, but on the paper approval it says 9/9. USCIS seems to see the 9/13 date. USCIS never even noted on their end that my case was shipped to NVC, but NVC responded to me on 10/21 that they received my case (to 2 separate inquiries). It looks like we have similar timelines with NOA2/NVC and I have not received a case number yet. Hopefully we will soon! 

Ha! That’s actually so fun that you had the same issue as me (and I was the one going everyday in the group to check your updates for USCIS’s work, thanks for that!!) 

My case got to NVC on 10/20. Still no case number too. I think we will get it the next shipping day (12/06). Hopefully!

15 minutes ago, Milenaarmstrong said:

Ha! That’s actually so fun that you had the same issue as me (and I was the one going everyday in the group to check your updates for USCIS’s work, thanks for that!!) 

My case got to NVC on 10/20. Still no case number too. I think we will get it the next shipping day (12/06). Hopefully!

It really is funny, and a little reassuring that I’m not the only one with this issue 😂 no problem, I’m glad I could help out the group until we got approvals! 

It sounds like our cases have been moving along together. I was starting to worry that my case has fallen behind but after reading through this forum and your post it sounds like many of us are on the same track. Yes let’s hope it will be 12/6! 

Did USCIS ever put a shipment date on your case? They still don’t see a date for mine even though nvc has it. Only 1 tier 1 agent told me nvc received my case 10/4, but I’m not sure if that’s accurate since nobody else could confirm it. 

Edited by Optimist19

6 minutes ago, Optimist19 said:

It really is funny, and a little reassuring that I’m not the only one with this issue 😂 no problem, I’m glad I could help out the group until we got approvals! 

It sounds like our cases have been moving along together. I was starting to worry that my case has fallen behind but after reading through this forum and your post it sounds like many of us are on the same track. Yes let’s hope it will be 12/6! 

Did USCIS ever put a shipment date on your case? They still don’t see a date for mine even though nvc has it. Only 1 tier 1 agent told me nvc received my case 10/4, but I’m not sure if that’s accurate since nobody else could confirm it. 

Yes! I was afraid that my case was the only one who got this funny change in the app. 😮💨

yeah, it seems that we will be together on this lol and yes, NVC case creation times are only increasing (39 days currently). lets see what tomorrow's updates will bring. 
USCIS told me that my case was in transit on 10/07 (couple of agents confirm that trough the phone). And I got more than one email & inquiry answer confirming that my case got in NVC at 10/20 (maybe 5 or 6 confirmations). I think you can stick with 10/21 for the NVC arrival date as it is that what NVC is telling you. You can try to do an ombudsman’s inquiry if you want that specific date of the shipment. But having the NVC received date I think is enough for you. 

Edited by Milenaarmstrong

3 minutes ago, Milenaarmstrong said:

Yes! I was afraid that my case was the only one who got this funny change in the app. 😮💨

yeah, it seems that we will be together on this lol and yes, NVC case creation times are only increasing (39 days currently). lets see what tomorrow's updates will bring. 
USCIS told me that my case was in transit on 10/07 (couple of agents confirm that trough the phone). And I got more than one email & inquiry answer confirming that my case got in NVC at 10/20 (maybe 5 or 6 confirmations). I think you can stick with 10/21 for the NVC arrival date as it is that what NVC is telling you. You can try to do an ombudsman’s inquiry if you want that specific date of the shipment. But having the NVC received date I think is enough for you. 

I hope case creation times will go down a bit tomorrow, but we’ve hit the holiday time so I agree it will likely just go up.

That’s perfect thank you! I’ll just use the NVC received date. I was just worried that USCIS doesn’t see it was shipped, but it seems like they just didn’t put the information in for my case. Hopefully we’ll be next to be shipped though, we’re getting close to 3 months 😅

9 minutes ago, Optimist19 said:

I hope case creation times will go down a bit tomorrow, but we’ve hit the holiday time so I agree it will likely just go up.

That’s perfect thank you! I’ll just use the NVC received date. I was just worried that USCIS doesn’t see it was shipped, but it seems like they just didn’t put the information in for my case. Hopefully we’ll be next to be shipped though, we’re getting close to 3 months 😅

Yeah, I was hoping NVC was faster than USCIS but it seems they are as disorganized as them. 

yeah… as soon NVC told me they had my case, I just didn’t even thought about USCIS anymore 😂. They are too lazy and too disorganized to know anything lol. Just focus on the date you have from NVC. Yes. Almost 90 days to get a case number sounds absurd. That’s why I’m hopeful that next shipping it will be our time to shine 😂

Edited by Milenaarmstrong

12 minutes ago, Milenaarmstrong said:

Yeah, I was hoping NVC was faster than USCIS but it seems they are as disorganized as them. 

yeah… as soon NVC told me they had my case, I just didn’t even thought about USCIS anymore 😂. They are too lazy and too disorganized to know anything lol. Just focus on the date you have from NVC. Yes. Almost 90 days to get a case number sounds absurd. That’s why I’m hopeful that next shipping it will be our time to shine 😂

Haha exactly! Yes our time will be soon for sure 🙏

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Donny24 said:

Have people in this group been getting the case creation letter yet? I had my NOA 2 on September 29th, but still haven't gotten a case number almost two months in.. Each time I email the NVC they say it has been 'recently received' but will not give me a date of receiving it.

I'm in the same boat as you.

I was approved on September 27th. I sent several emails to the NVC. One response on November 3rd said they have not received my case yet. The next response was on November 10th and said they received it and it is awaiting case creation. So it was only received by the NVC somewhere between 37 and 44 days after approval.

Based on the NVC website, they are creating cases files for ones received from the USCIS on Oct 14th.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

Unfortunately, it'll probably take them another 2-3 weeks to get to us.

Edited by Cheddy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.