Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Milenaarmstrong said:

Today NVC respond an inquiry I sent on 11/18/22 with my case number 🥳🙏🏽

NOA1: 07/13/21

NOA2: 09/09/22

Case got to NVC: 10/20/22

Case number: 11/29/22

I also got my case number today, nvcexpedite responded yesterday that they would forward my expedite request to the consulate (I really only emailed them for info/case number, didn’t make a formal expedite request), and today they replied and said the consulate would not accept the case yet, with the case number in the subject line. So at least I have a case number lol. And it appears to have been created 11/21/22. Noa2 was 9/13/22

Edited by andrewsax

18 minutes ago, andrewsax said:

I also got my case number today, nvcexpedite responded yesterday that they would forward my expedite request to the consulate (I really only emailed them for info/case number, didn’t make a formal expedite request), and today they replied and said the consulate would not accept the case yet, with the case number in the subject line. So at least I have a case number lol. And it appears to have been created 11/21/22. Noa2 was 9/13/22

Omg I loved this 😂😂 I sent an expedite request today after I received my case number. I wish they approve it but I think it will only happen once it has the ready status. Also, where did you see when the case was created? I’m looking at CEAC but it does not give me a date yet. Only says it is AT NVC

my NOA2 in the app says 09/13. But I use 09/09 cause that’s what’s in the letter. 

Edited by Milenaarmstrong

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Got my case number last week on Tuesday the 22nd through an NVC email. I checked the status on the government site https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV periodically from 22nd to 24th, which remained in "In-Transit" status. Friday night, the 25th, I checked on again and it changed to "Ready" status. So I believe it was expedited to Brazil, in my case... or perhaps that's how quick they are with sending over packages to Rio. My fiance is now wating for what people call "package 3" or any notification letter to appear in the mail for more information on schedueling medical and interview.

Edited by JonLu

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi my fellow K1 Visa soldiers. We received our case number today after using the online inquiry form. I'm not even sure when NVC Received our case , or even when we were assigned a case number, so not sure how to update our timeline. Status is "AT NVC". 

Hello fellow K1 friends!

I just wanted to write this post in case it will help someone along their journey.

I attempted to contact several institutions with regards to the status of my case after I received the NOA2 approval (Sept 19th).

1.       NVCResearch email: reached out Nov. 23rd – No reply as of Nov. 30th

2.       USCIS: I called on Nov. 28th – I requested a tier 2 officer and a request was sent out that day, I was told it would take 20 – 30 days for someone to call back. During that phone call I asked the agent if USCIS has sent out my application and I was told my application has NOT been sent.

3.       Ask NVC inquiry form: reached out Nov. 23rd – received reply on Nov. 29th stating: “they recently received the visa petition”

4.       I reached out to 2 Senators and my House of Representative on Nov 27th:

-          One senator replied and is currently reaching out to USCIS

-          My House of Representative replied and told his office told me they will reach out to NVC and this will take 20 to 30 days for NVC to reply. BUT I received an email from my HoR today (Nov 30th) and was told NVC has received my visa application on Oct 31st.

So, my advice would be to please attempt to reach out to your congress members!

21 hours ago, JonLu said:

Got my case number last week on Tuesday the 22nd through an NVC email. I checked the status on the government site https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV periodically from 22nd to 24th, which remained in "In-Transit" status. Friday night, the 25th, I checked on again and it changed to "Ready" status. So I believe it was expedited to Brazil, in my case... or perhaps that's how quick they are with sending over packages to Rio. My fiance is now wating for what people call "package 3" or any notification letter to appear in the mail for more information on schedueling medical and interview.

I'm not an expert or anything, but I've read in various posts the Brazil consulate in Rio doesn't send any information.

I'll recommend your Fiancee to just go ahead and fill out the DS-160 form, do the payment, then pick the interview date.

I'll attached a form I found to be very helpful.

I'm still waiting for my case to be received by the NVC, so you're ahead of me by 2 months 😄.

Visa-2-Highlighted (1).JPG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 hours ago, EdwinShinobi said:

I'm not an expert or anything, but I've read in various posts the Brazil consulate in Rio doesn't send any information.

I'll recommend your Fiancee to just go ahead and fill out the DS-160 form, do the payment, then pick the interview date.

I'm still waiting for my case to be received by the NVC, so you're ahead of me by 2 months 😄.

I got the official "congratulations" email from immigrationrio@state.gov. This email contained all the instructions for the DS-160, scheduling the main interview, the medical appointment, and the ASC fingerprints appointment, etc. Note: for some reason this email was sent with "Low Importance", which I found odd. Perhaps it was a mistake from the Rio embassy. This email was also sent to the me (the petitioner) not my fiancé (the beneficiary).

Glad to finally have an interview date.

For any Brazil people, interview availability is looking sparse in Febuary; not too many left.

Edited by JonLu

3 hours ago, JonLu said:

I got the official "congratulations" email from immigrationrio@state.gov. This email contained all the instructions for the DS-160, scheduling the main interview, the medical appointment, and the ASC fingerprints appointment, etc. Note: for some reason this email was sent with "Low Importance", which I found odd. Perhaps it was a mistake from the Rio embassy. This email was also sent to the me (the petitioner) not my fiancé (the beneficiary).

Glad to finally have an interview date.

For any Brazil people, interview availability is looking sparse in Febuary; not too many left.

Thanks for letting me know.

I heard all interviews for Rio de Janeiro are on Tuesday? Is that true?

Also, are you able to send a screenshot of available interview dates?

4 hours ago, EdwinShinobi said:

Thanks for letting me know.

I heard all interviews for Rio de Janeiro are on Tuesday? Is that true?

Also, are you able to send a screenshot of available interview dates?

Yes, they only interview on Tuesdays (don’t know why). Last time I checked there were spots 02/07, 02/14, 02/28, 03/07, 03/14, 03/21 & 03/28. Only 2 spots per date. I will check that again. 

On 11/29/2022 at 8:28 PM, Milenaarmstrong said:

Today NVC respond an inquiry I sent on 11/18/22 with my case number 🥳🙏🏽

NOA1: 07/13/21

NOA2: 09/09/22

Case got to NVC: 10/20/22

Case number: 11/29/22

I got my case number yesterday (I'm the one with the same NOA2 issue as you). It still shows "At NVC", but I hope this means we'll be shipped out on Tuesday if our embassies are ready. It's been such a long wait! 

On 11/30/2022 at 9:38 PM, EdwinShinobi said:

They do send information when your case physically got there (packet 3). But as soon as you have the ready status, you should go and schedule the interview. You don’t need your case number to fill ds160. And with the case number you can already create the CEAC account. “Ready” status you can pay & schedule the interview and reach out to doctor to schedule the appointment. 

3 minutes ago, Optimist19 said:

I got my case number yesterday (I'm the one with the same NOA2 issue as you). It still shows "At NVC", but I hope this means we'll be shipped out on Tuesday if our embassies are ready. It's been such a long wait! 

I cannot forget everything you did with the daily updates haha! I’m glad we were able to get that number!! I’m so hoping that Tuesday will be our shipping day 🤞🏾 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.