JojoandTomas

SEPTEMBER 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

186 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Optimist19 said:

No I don’t know please do tell me! Can we figure it out from the case number? 

♦️ CASE NUMBER CREATION DATE ♦️

The case numbers generated in NVC follow a specific pattern, and it is possible to find out the date of creation of your case through it.

The case number can be broken down as follows:

AAA - 0000 - 111 - 222

- The three letters indicate the consulate where the case will be sent
 - The first 4 numbers are the year of creation of the case
 - The next 3 numbers represent the “Julian date” shown in the calendar below, added to 500
 - The last 3 numbers represent the sequential order in which the case was created.

Example: RDJ2021501020

RDJ - 2021 - 501 - 020

- RDJ: Rio De Janeiro
 - 2021: case created in 2021
 - 501: Julian date + 500, that is, in this case the Julian date is 1
 - 020: twentieth case to be created.

Looking at the calendar, Julian date 1 means the case was created on 01/01.

There is a Julian Calendar for each year, so use the right calendar to do the math. (But it is basically the day of the year. E.g.: 01/31 is the 31st day of the year, 11/31 is the 333 day of the year). 

BBFB91AE-E531-414E-8C59-3D82BC453E1D.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Milenaarmstrong said:

♦️ CASE NUMBER CREATION DATE ♦️

The case numbers generated in NVC follow a specific pattern, and it is possible to find out the date of creation of your case through it.

The case number can be broken down as follows:

AAA - 0000 - 111 - 222

- The three letters indicate the consulate where the case will be sent
 - The first 4 numbers are the year of creation of the case
 - The next 3 numbers represent the “Julian date” shown in the calendar below, added to 500
 - The last 3 numbers represent the sequential order in which the case was created.

Example: RDJ2021501020

RDJ - 2021 - 501 - 020

- RDJ: Rio De Janeiro
 - 2021: case created in 2021
 - 501: Julian date + 500, that is, in this case the Julian date is 1
 - 020: twentieth case to be created.

Looking at the calendar, Julian date 1 means the case was created on 01/01.

There is a Julian Calendar for each year, so use the right calendar to do the math. (But it is basically the day of the year. E.g.: 01/31 is the 31st day of the year, 11/31 is the 333 day of the year). 

BBFB91AE-E531-414E-8C59-3D82BC453E1D.jpeg

This is so helpful thank you so much!! That definitely gives us more exact information. 

3 minutes ago, Optimist19 said:

This is so helpful thank you so much!! That definitely gives us more exact information. 

You’re welcome! And it is good to update the date in our timeline here on visa journey so ppl will know exactly when the case was created. 

we need to become investigators in this process lol. As they don’t give us any info 

Edited by Milenaarmstrong

3 minutes ago, Milenaarmstrong said:

You’re welcome! And it is good to update the date in our timeline here on visa journey so ppl will know exactly when the case was created. 

we need to become investigators in this process lol. As they don’t give us any info 

Investigators! That is so accurate 😂

yes let me update my timeline and put a note about when my case was received. I don’t know exactly when but it’s good enough! 

1 minute ago, Optimist19 said:

Investigators! That is so accurate 😂

yes let me update my timeline and put a note about when my case was received. I don’t know exactly when but it’s good enough! 

Well, just consider the date on the email where they confirmed they got your case (I think it was 10/21 you said?). If it was not that, it was something close to it for sure. 

9 hours ago, Milenaarmstrong said:

Yes, they only interview on Tuesdays (don’t know why). Last time I checked there were spots 02/07, 02/14, 02/28, 03/07, 03/14, 03/21 & 03/28. Only 2 spots per date. I will check that again. 

Thank youuu.

On 12/1/2022 at 2:23 PM, JonLu said:

I got the official "congratulations" email from immigrationrio@state.gov. This email contained all the instructions for the DS-160, scheduling the main interview, the medical appointment, and the ASC fingerprints appointment, etc. Note: for some reason this email was sent with "Low Importance", which I found odd. Perhaps it was a mistake from the Rio embassy. This email was also sent to the me (the petitioner) not my fiancé (the beneficiary).

Glad to finally have an interview date.

For any Brazil people, interview availability is looking sparse in Febuary; not too many left.

Hello! What day and time did you schedule your interview in Rio? Can you tell me that?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Nat Dan said:

90 days today and not a single word. So inhumane 

Is your NOA2 date early Sept (the 6th), have you contacted NVC through public inquiry or NVCResearch@state.gov?

From your previous posts, it looks to me that you may have already gotten your Immigrant Visa Case Number(?)

By the way, filling out your timeline would do us a huge favor..

5 hours ago, PeterCrist said:

Is your NOA2 date early Sept (the 6th), have you contacted NVC through public inquiry or NVCResearch@state.gov?

From your previous posts, it looks to me that you may have already gotten your Immigrant Visa Case Number(?)

By the way, filling out your timeline would do us a huge favor..

I did get my nvc number but it doesn’t do anything. I have it but it’s not like I am able to get interview or anything. They all need invoice if number which I have never gotten as they never send us welcome letter or anything. By the way not sure what you mean filing timeline I have never done it. If you can tell me how, I’ll fill it out. 

Edited by Nat Dan

8 hours ago, Nat Dan said:

Hi guys I looked at this and I do not understand this calendar. And why +500? what do I add 500 to? I am so confused can someone clarify? 

Sure. In their example, they have  RDJ2021501020 as the case number. All of our numbers will start with the 3 letters for our embassies, then 2022 (assuming our case gets created this year). I think an easier way to think about the next three numbers is to subtract 500 from them. So in their example, it's 501, so you can do  501-500 and you get 1. That means the case was created on the first day of the year, or January 1. 

All of our cases were probably created late October/November/December is my guess, so we will have a much higher number. For example, if  the number is 850, you can do 850-500=350. Then the case was created on the 350th day of the year (so you can Google what is the 350th day of 2022--I don't know a smart way to figure that out haha), which is December 16.   

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.