JojoandTomas

AUGUST 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

278 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
8 hours ago, IRP said:

btw do i use this exact email address (NVCResearch@state.gov ) the way you wrote it including the upper case letters or it’s all in small letters. (nvcresearch@state.gov ) ?

It does not matter if you use upper case or lower case, either one is fine.

5 hours ago, Parallel Oddling said:

If you have reached out the the NVC research email it will be - NVCResearch@state.gov

NVC when sending the case number will utilize the following address - NVC-do-not-reply@state.gov (I got a reply from this email address with the case number).

Thank you for answering and congrats on getting the case number!
I wish the following steps will be swift and smooth for you!

On 10/12/2022 at 12:01 PM, Parallel Oddling said:

Received our NVC case number, here is the timeline so far (took 54 days from NOA2 to get case number):

The case was created on September 28 (based on the case number and using the calendar trick), so it took roughly two weeks for the creation and being sent off to Embassy/Consulate. As of writing this, status is still showing "in Transit".

August 18, 2022 - NOA2

September 19 - Sent inquiry to NVC (using online inquiry form), got an automated response that they will respond according to the published time frames. Asked to update our emails, provided USCIS case #, DoB, etc. 

September 19 -  Sent email to nvc inquiry@state.gov asking for updates with our case, got a generic automated reply to use the online Inquiry Form

September 22 - Sent an email to nvc research @state.gov whether our case had been received or if still at USCIS

September 27 - nvc research @state.gov replied confirming that the case had been received "recently" and awaiting entry into their system

October 10 - Received email from NVC (do_not_reply address) that the case is in transit to the Embassy/Consulate and provided case number. 

Lessons learned from this or for anyone in the future, your best bet is to email the nvc research address as they are very quick in responding to inquiries (I would suggest you wait at least 30 days after NOA2 before submitting any inquiry to them). I would still use the online inquiry form to make sure they have both email addresses (note: even though I submitted both our emails in ALL of the inquiries, even CC the beneficiary email, she has yet to receive any emails only I have as the petitioner). 

Also worth noting is that I did not utilize any congressional help, I was thinking about it had another two weeks passed without a case number. 

Does when a case is sent to an embassy have anything to do with embassy specific case load? Example would be if the UAE embassy has less load they can get cases from NVC faster than a embassy for India which has a heavy case load. That’s the only reason I can think of for a delay if the case has already reached NVC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Niger
Timeline

I email them again  to find out what’s going on 

I received this today

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) has received your petition and will send detailed instructions to the petitioner, principal applicant, and attorney of record (if applicable) soon.

To make sure your private information stays protected, send future inquiries and attachments using the Public Inquiry form only. You can find it at https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry.

Remember, you must provide privacy information to receive case specific information.  Please limit your inquiry to one case per submission.

Regards,

Ellen | Inquiry Management

Department of State CA/VO/DO/NVC

LDRM | DTSV | Contractor

DOS - National Visa Center

NVCResearch@state.gov

Edited by Mad23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Mad23 said:

I email them again  to find out what’s going on 

I received this today

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) has received your petition and will send detailed instructions to the petitioner, principal applicant, and attorney of record (if applicable) soon.

To make sure your private information stays protected, send future inquiries and attachments using the Public Inquiry form only. You can find it at https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry.

Remember, you must provide privacy information to receive case specific information.  Please limit your inquiry to one case per submission.

Regards,

Ellen | Inquiry Management

Department of State CA/VO/DO/NVC

LDRM | DTSV | Contractor

DOS - National Visa Center

NVCResearch@state.gov

Looking at your timeline ..so you just had information today that NVC received your petition on 2022-09-19? If my math is right, it's been 24 days and NVC has yet to put it in the system let alone send your case to embassy.

Timeline
On 9/19/2022 at 6:21 PM, Mad23 said:

09/18/2022 I send an inquiry through the public inquiry on Sunday I received an answer today 09/19/222

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) recently received your immigrant visa petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Your petition is now waiting for data entry into our systems.

Since your case is not in our systems yet, we cannot make updates.

As soon as your case is in our systems, we will send a Welcome Letter and instructions. Then, if you still need help updating your case, you can contact us by using one of the methods listed on https://nvc.state.gov/ask.

For current processing times, please visit our website: https://nvc.state.gov/timeframes for English or https://nvc.state.gov/plazos for Spanish. If your petition was approved before the dates NVC is working on, please resubmit your inquiry.

You can also begin to familiarize yourself with the documents NVC will request at that site.

This was my first knowing they have my case. I just email them again on Saturday October 8 and they gave me that answer today 

Edited by Mad23

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Mad23 said:

This was my first knowing they have my case. I just email them again on Saturday October 8 and they gave me that answer today 

https://visawhen.com/nvc

Called the USCIS today and begged them to give me more info and finally got some info.

After our case was approved on August 3rd, they sent the case to NVC on August 29th, a whole 26 days after approval. 
Given a month to net the case and another 2 weeks to make the case number, they should be sending our case to Mumbai in the next batch (I’m hoping). Extremely disappointed they waited so long to send the case to NVC. Time is precious and these people seem to think we have tons of it.

Does anyone have any guesses on how much lead time is from being sent to NVC to embassy? I would assume 45 days or less?

NOA2 at 26th Aug, send email to NVCResearch@state.gov at 13th Oct, got response at 17th Oct stating that 

The National Visa Center (NVC) recently received your immigrant visa petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Your petition is now waiting for data entry into our systems. 

But didn't give me an exact date of receiving, but I assume I will have them finish processing my case in 2-4 weeks.

Timeline

Our NOA2 was approved on August 18th. I emailed NVC questioning the status of our case on September 30th. I received an email response from NVC research which stated that they had received our petition on October 3rd, however, I have no proof it is there and if this is accurate. I have yet to receive anything in the mail from the NVC. The email stated they will send detailed instruction to me soon but still have not received anything. We have a daughter now and her dad has yet to meet his daughter. So disappointed in our immigration system...

Timeline
On 10/18/2022 at 2:25 PM, Desy said:

Our NOA2 was approved on August 18th. I emailed NVC questioning the status of our case on September 30th. I received an email response from NVC research which stated that they had received our petition on October 3rd, however, I have no proof it is there and if this is accurate. I have yet to receive anything in the mail from the NVC. The email stated they will send detailed instruction to me soon but still have not received anything. We have a daughter now and her dad has yet to meet his daughter. So disappointed in our immigration system...

Sorry to hear about your situation. If they received your case on October 3rd, then there is a good chance it might be shipped to Ankara on October 25th.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey guys I need help with something… I don’t know what to do no more. Today I’m completing 51 days since my approval and my fiancé keep on calling USCIS and the only thing they say is: It’s a delay and need to wait 90 days. Last week he called them and somebody said our case was sent on the 12 but today he called again and they said our case wasn’t sent yet. I’m really confused and sad!!! Most of people I see having they case sent to NVC with 40-46 days the max.

any advice?

At this point I don’t know what to think 😢

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey all, quick question.

Does the welcome letter from the NVC come by mail or by email or both?

Does it get sent to the beneficiary or petitioner or both?

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
2 hours ago, dalinzzy said:

Hey guys I need help with something… I don’t know what to do no more. Today I’m completing 51 days since my approval and my fiancé keep on calling USCIS and the only thing they say is: It’s a delay and need to wait 90 days. Last week he called them and somebody said our case was sent on the 12 but today he called again and they said our case wasn’t sent yet. I’m really confused and sad!!! Most of people I see having they case sent to NVC with 40-46 days the max.

any advice?

At this point I don’t know what to think 😢

Did you send an inquiry to NVC? I got a reply from NVC within two days. I attached the screenshot of the reply here. 

The address is

NVCResearch@state.gov

77CDAFE6-4C55-4240-91E9-F8E3396B9056.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.