JojoandTomas

AUGUST 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

278 posts in this topic

Welcome and Congratulations on your approval!

This thread was created for those who are waiting for their NOA2  K-1 case assignment from NVC and then tracking your case onwards to your Embassy.  

A few helpful NVC links:

NVC phone number is  (603)334-0888

🚨  Please note:  They are currently not answering queries over the phone! 🚨

They are answering through the below email :

➡️   NVCinquiry@state.gov ⬅️

Once you’ve received your NVC case number you can track your case online using the following link, until it is sent to your embassy:

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV

If you need to change an address or need to update your info in anyway NVC has a public inquiry form where you can submit your request:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

Inside the attached PDF below are a few tips, tricks and hacks to help you along the way.

These are items that everyone asks for, so they have been put together by Greenbaum for you to refer to when necessary. If you are new to this thread, please read as these are most asked questions.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfin98c33IEpB0T0FlURERriblYmlm5O/view?usp=sharing

I was previously including a 2022 shipping dates chart that’s created based off last years data, but I’ve been told the shipping dates have changed this year and I have not locate an accurate chart. If anyone has located an accurate chart, please feel free to share it below! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Correct me if I’m wrong but after the NOA2, we have to wait for the documents to be given a case number by the DOS and then it goes to NVC. In my case my NVC is in Mumbai. Is there anything we can do at this point to expedite the process or do we just have to wait till the documents are reviewed by the NVC and sent a packet for the interview to my fiancé ?

From what I’ve read, it could be up to 60 days till the case is revived by the NVC and another 60 till they assign a number and sent to consulate? Is that right?

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My NOA2 was Aug. 2nd

i sent inquiry on Aug. 6th as suggested in the PDF from OP.

This morning, Aug.29th, I received an email stating:

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) recently received your immigrant visa petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Your petition is now waiting for data entry into our systems.

Since your case is not in our systems yet, we cannot make updates.

As soon as your case is in our systems, we will send a Welcome Letter and instructions. Then, if you still need help updating your case, you can contact us by using one of the methods listed on https://nvc.state.gov/ask.

Thought I’d share. 😊

Hi Guys, I have yet to receive my NOA2 letter in the mail. This is troubling bc I know it has instructions on there for the next steps. I will contact the NVC as stated by the OP but I’m hoping it is just delayed in the mail. I did fill out the missing notice form but I got a email stating I am not allowed to get an update. What does this letter have and what should I do at this point?

10 hours ago, Pranav469 said:

Hi Guys, I have yet to receive my NOA2 letter in the mail. This is troubling bc I know it has instructions on there for the next steps. I will contact the NVC as stated by the OP but I’m hoping it is just delayed in the mail. I did fill out the missing notice form but I got a email stating I am not allowed to get an update. What does this letter have and what should I do at this point?

Just talked to a rep at USCIS and they did mail a letter for the approval on the 3rd but since I haven’t gotten it I would have to submit the I824 form and pay a 465$ fee to get a new one 😡. Very disappointing system of our government. At least I know that they have the right address and it is going to NVC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Pranav469 said:

Just talked to a rep at USCIS and they did mail a letter for the approval on the 3rd but since I haven’t gotten it I would have to submit the I824 form and pay a 465$ fee to get a new one 😡. Very disappointing system of our government. At least I know that they have the right address and it is going to NVC.

I never received NOA2 so i filled out the online form and 3 weeks later i received this, 

The status of this service request is:

You or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your case to notify us that you have not received your Approval Notice that our electronic systems show was sent to you. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

Thank you for your inquiry. A notice of approval was sent to the address of record. We will send a courtesy copy of the approval notice to the address you provided.  You should receive it within fourteen (14) days at the mailing address on file.

This case has been forwarded to the National Visa Center (NVC).

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

How often does uscis mail the cases to the NVC? I wonder how long it will take for them to receive my papers. 

Tired of dealing with uscis :( they are a nuisance from start to finish. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mbfernandes said:

How often does uscis mail the cases to the NVC? I wonder how long it will take for them to receive my papers. 

Tired of dealing with uscis :( they are a nuisance from start to finish. 

Doesn't seem like USCIS has certain days to send out petitions, unlike NVC that mails petitions to appropriate consulates every other Tuesday. The next shipment will supposedly be on this upcoming Tuesday. 

However, I'd anticipate up to 6 weeks until USCIS sends your case to NVC. At least, that's their "official" timeframe (not to mix up with NVC processing time).

Timeline

Has anyone ever called uscis about the shipment of your case to the NVC? Searching for someone that could talk about the experience, if it helps or not. Still waiting for my case to arrive at the NVC (asking this on both August and July groups). 

On 8/23/2022 at 8:54 AM, Parallel Oddling said:

Pranav469,

NVC is located in Portsmouth, NH and your Consulate/Embassy will obviously be in India where the beneficiary will have their interview (maybe that's what you meant to write when you mentioned that NVC is in Mumbai?).

Unfortunately, at this point all we have to do is wait for as long as according to this link about the NVC Time Frames: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

So according to the site, as of writing this message they are two weeks behind creating cases received from USCIS and another two months from actually processing paperwork:

As of 22-Aug-22, they are working on cases that were received from USCIS on 3-Aug-22*.

Current case review time: As of 22-Aug-22, they are reviewing documents submitted to them on 13-Jun-22*.

*Note: the site is updated once a week.

To answer the question regarding how long it will take, I hope to God it does not take 180 days to get a response from NVC 😬. We have seen here folks get a confirmation from NVC that the case has been sent to Consulate/Embassy approximately in 45-60 days.

I personally plan on contacting NVC after a month from my NOA2 date using the Public Inquiry Form as well as the NVCInquiry@state.gov email to hopefully get the case number so we can start the DS-160.

So if I understand this correctly, in the 45-60 days, the case should be sent to the embassy and that is when they send imma the welcome letter to fill out the DS-160 and other documents? Till then we don’t get any email or letter that the case is at NVC?

My case was approved on August 3rd but I haven’t heard anything yet. 

Timeline
17 hours ago, DanElst said:

Hi all! My case was "In Transit" as of August 30th. Does anyone know at all roughly how long it takes to arrive at the embassy to become 'Ready'?

Usually a week. 

On 8/29/2022 at 10:25 PM, S I A N said:

My NOA2 was Aug. 2nd

i sent inquiry on Aug. 6th as suggested in the PDF from OP.

This morning, Aug.29th, I received an email stating:

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) recently received your immigrant visa petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Your petition is now waiting for data entry into our systems.

Since your case is not in our systems yet, we cannot make updates.

As soon as your case is in our systems, we will send a Welcome Letter and instructions. Then, if you still need help updating your case, you can contact us by using one of the methods listed on https://nvc.state.gov/ask.

Thought I’d share. 😊

Hi! Did you send them an email or a public inquiry? I just got my NOA2. The NVC website is showing they're responding to inquiries from early July I think. I'm wondering when would be the best time to send an inquiry ahead of time to maybe get a response with a case number once they receive the file. Anyone have any thoughts? 

It sounds like it took them 23 days to respond to you, and they have your case from USCIS but not a case number yet. Hopefully you'll get the case number soon! 

Edited by Optimist19

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.