JojoandTomas

AUGUST 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

278 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

My fiancé just received an email from the NVC saying they have our case!! 🥳

Every week since the approval we have been sending them emails and we also called uscis and opened an inquiry with them. Plus asked a senator to help us if possible. Not sure if any of these helped but we did what we could while waiting. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 9/27/2022 at 3:46 PM, Desy said:

Our NOA2 was provided on August 18th. I emailed the NVC and they replied that they have not yet received our notice from USCIS. They stated it may take up to 6 weeks. With that being said I’ll be emailing again after next week for an update. More waiting time ahead I suppose >:/

Same.  I was approved on Aug 24th when I requested an update 31 days later, NVCResearch emailed me back and stated that they have not received my petition 😐

Timeline
On 9/28/2022 at 5:35 AM, Mbfernandes said:

My NOA2 is from August 24th.

My fiancé called USCIS yesterday and they said they sent our case on September 20th. We're waiting for the NVC to reply our email about the receipt. 

I have the same NOA2 receipt date so this gives me some kind of hope.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Mbfernandes said:

My fiancé just received an email from the NVC saying they have our case!! 🥳

Every week since the approval we have been sending them emails and we also called uscis and opened an inquiry with them. Plus asked a senator to help us if possible. Not sure if any of these helped but we did what we could while waiting. 

Congrats!! Which NVC email have you been sending an inquiry to?  I've only sent one inquiry to NVCResearch and to date, they stated that they have not received my petition.

Timeline
6 hours ago, NRGUY said:

Congrats!! Which NVC email have you been sending an inquiry to?  I've only sent one inquiry to NVCResearch and to date, they stated that they have not received my petition.

That's the one we emailed them, really. I think it was most helpful to call uscis and ask them if it was sent already. 

Edited by Mbfernandes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 9/27/2022 at 3:22 PM, Mad23 said:

So you got your case number on September 2nd and after a week it was in transit is that right ?

My case number was created on September 2nd. I received my case number on Sept 27th when NVC sent me an email notifying me that my case was in transit.

Edited by S I A N

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Niger
Timeline
2 hours ago, S I A N said:

My case number was created on September 2nd. I received my case number on Sept 27th when NVC sent me an email notifying me that my case was in transit.

Oh okay got it congratulations again 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
2 hours ago, Pranav469 said:

Hi All, is anyone aware of the next few dates of cases going to embassies? I know cases went out on 9/27 so I’m assuming it will be 10/11 next.

My case was approved 8/3 and I’m still waiting on the case number and welcome letter.

Our noa2 approval was 12th of July.  The next shipment date is the 11th of oct

On 9/29/2022 at 10:24 PM, Mbfernandes said:

That's the one we emailed them, really. I think it was most helpful to call uscis and ask them if it was sent already. 

Do you know if USCIS tier 1 agents can actually see information on if the case has been sent to nvc? I called this morning and he didn’t see anything besides my NOA2 date. I want to follow up but I’m not sure what’s the best way to do so. I put in the public inquiry to nvc right after approval. I haven’t sent the email to the research address since I figured I’d try USCIS first. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Optimist19 said:

Do you know if USCIS tier 1 agents can actually see information on if the case has been sent to nvc? I called this morning and he didn’t see anything besides my NOA2 date. I want to follow up but I’m not sure what’s the best way to do so. I put in the public inquiry to nvc right after approval. I haven’t sent the email to the research address since I figured I’d try USCIS first. 

I don't know, but I told my fiancé to ask for a tier 2 agent. He made several calls, whenever he did they said something about the case status (if there or already sent). You should call again, say infopass and ask for a tier 2 agent. Maybe you can talk to someone who's more helpful this time. 

Timeline

Now they're sending the cases electronically first, in the last call my fiancé made, they said our case was sent and received by the NVC on September 20th. But the nvc just emailed us about it on the 29th. I don't know which date exactly to consider. 

Timeline

Also, something quite unprecedented happened to us. When we received the email saying they had received it, we opened an inquiry to ask for the case number etc. They replied to the inquiry saying the case wasn't there yet and that we should disregard the last email. Later in the same day, we received another email stating that nevermind, the case was indeed there. 

What a mess. I thought the NVC was a bit more reliable than USCIS. Anyways, now we're waiting for the case number again. Hoping there's no more bad surprises as this one. 

27 minutes ago, Mbfernandes said:

I don't know, but I told my fiancé to ask for a tier 2 agent. He made several calls, whenever he did they said something about the case status (if there or already sent). You should call again, say infopass and ask for a tier 2 agent. Maybe you can talk to someone who's more helpful this time. 

Thank you! I will try to follow up with tier 2. Sorry about the issues with your case information. I also thought the nvc was a bit more organized. Good luck, hopefully you’ll have the case number soon! 

Edited by Optimist19

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.