JojoandTomas

AUGUST 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

278 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Parallel Oddling said:

You need to have Tax Transcript from the IRS for 2021 minimum but I would recommend to include them from the past 3 years (2019, 2020, 2021) if possible. Employee letter basically indicating when the employee started work, salary, full time/par-time status, duration, etc. 

Paystubs from the past few months are also needed. 

Bank statements showing deposits/withdrawals etc.
Note that if you want to use assets to prove you can sponsor the beneficiary and cannot provide paystubs, employee letter or tax receipts then you need:

Letter from bank indicating how much you currently have, average monthly deposits, etc. 

401k that you may have had from your employer or your personal account. 
Also can include other bonds/financial assets (house lean, mortgages, etc).

Do you need to provide all the the above including letter from the bank? Would tax transcript and employer letter suffice?

6 hours ago, Parallel Oddling said:

If you will be using assets as evidence to sponsor the beneficiary, then bank letter is needed as you need to show that you have sufficient funds and that the beneficiary does not become a liability. If you have a current job (FT/PT) then that is sufficient provided you meet the minimum guidelines according to USCIS (remember they are different for I-134 and I-864). 

Having Tax Transcripts, employee letter, W-2's is certainly sufficient. Worrying about bank letters etc would be necessary if you do not have a current job, are on disability, unemployment or are self-employed. 

Great! Thank you!

Timeline
1 hour ago, DP&JP said:

Just found that NVC has not even received my petition that was approved by USCIS on August 22nd. This one stings. 

They told me that too in one email but then the other two say they did receive it 🤦🏻‍♀️ who told you that information? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Desy said:

They told me that too in one email but then the other two say they did receive it 🤦🏻‍♀️ who told you that information? 

I got two email replies from both AskNVC and NVCResearch. I'm really just hoping that they have it and that they haven't entered it into their system.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, DP&JP said:

I got two email replies from both AskNVC and NVCResearch. I'm really just hoping that they have it and that they haven't entered it into their system.

NVC research email me back Oct 3rd and said they have my petition and are waiting to put it into the system. They responded to my inquiry email address middle of October and said that they didn’t have it and then a few days later NVC research said that they did have it. Who knows at this point what the truth is. 

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Desy said:

NVC research email me back Oct 3rd and said they have my petition and are waiting to put it into the system. They responded to my inquiry email address middle of October and said that they didn’t have it and then a few days later NVC research said that they did have it. Who knows at this point what the truth is. 

Honestly, I'm sorry that this is happening to you, too. But it does make me feel a little better that I'm not the only one getting pulled around. I bet there are a bunch of others too.

18 hours ago, DP&JP said:

Honestly, I'm sorry that this is happening to you, too. But it does make me feel a little better that I'm not the only one getting pulled around. I bet there are a bunch of others too.

Very similar thing happened to me guys. Different responses from USCIS vs NVC
My papers show ready on CEAC yesterday and said my documents were assigned a number September 29th but didn’t get sent to embassy till oct 25th. Essentially I waited ~3 months since my approval on August 3rd.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Pranav469 said:

Very similar thing happened to me guys. Different responses from USCIS vs NVC
My papers show ready on CEAC yesterday and said my documents were assigned a number September 29th but didn’t get sent to embassy till oct 25th. Essentially I waited ~3 months since my approval on August 3rd.

Damn. It's insane how inefficient this system is. I'm just worried that my packet was never sent to the NVC. They don't even give us a tracking number or anything. We just have to trust that it didn't get lost. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Nicolas I said:

Hi, is there a WhatsApp group for us to communicate?

I don’t believe there is one for all of us on this group but I could create one for us for whoever is interested. To those that are interested in a WhatsApp group private message me your what’s app number. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, nicholaschong_9@h said:

Hi all,

I received the approved noa on 5/18 but till now I still did not receive the case number for NVC. I contacted NVC and they say they did not receive the petition from USCIS yet. Contacted USCIS but there is no help from them.

What should I do at this point?

Thank you

we are in the same boat. facing the same problem. and still have no solution. no case number yet.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.