JojoandTomas

AUGUST 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

278 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
4 hours ago, Optimist19 said:

Do you know if USCIS tier 1 agents can actually see information on if the case has been sent to nvc? I called this morning and he didn’t see anything besides my NOA2 date. I want to follow up but I’m not sure what’s the best way to do so. I put in the public inquiry to nvc right after approval. I haven’t sent the email to the research address since I figured I’d try USCIS first. 

Call again and speak to another agent. I called USCIS yesterday to ask whether my petition had been sent to the NVC and the agent told me to call them back if the NVC did not receive my petition after 90 days, LOL.  I told the agent that many other people have been successful at getting this information.  After that, the agent investigated further and was able to tell me that their system had my petition's status as "sending as of Sept 28."  Today, I submitted an inquiry to NVCResearch@state.gov and they immediately replied, confirming that my petition had been received.  You just need to push them a little.  Some of these agents are inexperienced, or possibly don't want to do more work than needed.

Edited by NRGUY

4 minutes ago, NRGUY said:

Call again and speak to another agent. I called USCIS yesterday to ask whether my petition had been sent to the NVC and the agent told me to call them back if the NVC did not receive my petition after 90 days, LOL.  I told the agent that many other people have been successful at getting this information.  After that, the agent investigated further and was able to tell me that their system had my petition's status as "sending as of Sept 28."  Today, I submitted an inquiry to NVCResearch@state.gov and they immediately replied, confirming that my petition had been received.  You just need to push them a little.  Some of these agents are inexperienced, or possibly don't want to do more work than needed.

Thank you for the information! I will call them again and push for more answers.  The agent told me the same thing today--it may take 90 days! I have seen many people get information from USCIS, I just didn't know if the tier 1 agents would have the information. I will keep following up with both of them for some answers. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, NRGUY said:

Do you think I could get the information from them (USCIS) via chat instead of calling, would it make a difference?

1 hour ago, PeterCrist said:

Do you think I could get the information from them (USCIS) via chat instead of calling, would it make a difference?

Dude the chat is useless. It will literally just send you information but won’t give you case specific information. You still have to talk to an agent for that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
3 hours ago, PeterCrist said:

You can try, but I don't have firsthand experience with using the chat.  Have you tried calling USCIS just once?  When I called them, I immediately got connected to an agent.  

Edited by NRGUY

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, NRGUY said:

You can try, but I don't have firsthand experience with using the chat.  Have you tried calling USCIS just once?  When I called them, I immediately got connected to an agent.  

Hello!

Could you tell me which USCIS number you called? There is no phone number on the NOA 2, so only I know is National Customer Service Center number on the NOA 1, which is (800) 375 5283. 

Thank you in advance!

Timeline
10 hours ago, Pranav469 said:

Dude the chat is useless. It will literally just send you information but won’t give you case specific information. You still have to talk to an agent for that.

I was able to get my case's USCIS to NVC confirmation from Live Chat this morning, just now. Emma definitely only gives generic information. But I was able to connect to live agent through chat and got answers specific to my case.

The reason I prefer chat is I just can't bare the wait time on the phone, based on personal experience in the past. The never-ending loop of the call to speak to an agent was horrific and irritating. But hearing from some of you, it sounds like it has improved.

Hello everyone. My NOA2 is August 3. I wrote to NVC research on Wednesday to see if NVC received my case yet. I received a response the same day saying my case was not yet received and that NVC would follow-up with USCIS. The next day, my USCIS case status was updated to:  'Department of Sate sent case to USCIS for review'. I wrote back to NVC to inquire; but no information yet. I have not received any communications about this from USCIS or NVC

From different social media platforms, I came to learn this same thing happened (on the same DAY) to four other cases who have the same NOA1 date as me; and received NOA2 in late July / early August. 

Has this happen to others? Any ideas what could be happening? Its so strange to me that NVC would say that they have not received my case, but then, less than 24 hours later, I get a notification that NVC sent my case back to USCIS? The timing doesn't make sense! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, Jessica and Umar said:

Hello everyone. My NOA2 is August 3. I wrote to NVC research on Wednesday to see if NVC received my case yet. I received a response the same day saying my case was not yet received and that NVC would follow-up with USCIS. The next day, my USCIS case status was updated to:  'Department of Sate sent case to USCIS for review'. I wrote back to NVC to inquire; but no information yet. I have not received any communications about this from USCIS or NVC

From different social media platforms, I came to learn this same thing happened (on the same DAY) to four other cases who have the same NOA1 date as me; and received NOA2 in late July / early August. 

Has this happen to others? Any ideas what could be happening? Its so strange to me that NVC would say that they have not received my case, but then, less than 24 hours later, I get a notification that NVC sent my case back to USCIS? The timing doesn't make sense! 

Sent your case BACK? Why is that? I suggest calling USCIS asap.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm glad it worked for someone using the chat, but usually Emma is useless and keeps you on a never-ending chat with no true answers.

Call USCIS and demand answers (with politeness, ofc). This is a paid service.

Say infopass to speak directly to an agent. If an agent doesn't give you answers, call again and try speaking to someone else. 

Same for NVC. Send emails asking if the case has arrived there yet. Don't wait for them to email you - sometimes they won't and you just hear something from them when the case is already in transit to the embassy weeks later.

I called them again this morning and spoke to a different tier 1 agent. He sounded more confident and told me my case hasn't been sent yet (I haven't reached 30 days since NOA2 yet but I'm traveling internationally this weekend so I won't have access to call them for a few weeks). He said it can take 30-60 days to send the case to the NVC, and that they can see on their end when it is sent (that's of course assuming the system gets updated, so who knows). Hope this helps someone and thank you all for the advice! 

15 hours ago, PeterCrist said:

I was able to get my case's USCIS to NVC confirmation from Live Chat this morning, just now. Emma definitely only gives generic information. But I was able to connect to live agent through chat and got answers specific to my case.

The reason I prefer chat is I just can't bare the wait time on the phone, based on personal experience in the past. The never-ending loop of the call to speak to an agent was horrific and irritating. But hearing from some of you, it sounds like it has improved.

Can you please explain the process of what you said in order to get the NVC confirmation? Were you able to get the NVC case number, or just confirmation that it was sent to NVC?
Thanks

Timeline
13 hours ago, TTCJ said:

Can you please explain the process of what you said in order to get the NVC confirmation? Were you able to get the NVC case number, or just confirmation that it was sent to NVC?
Thanks

@TTCJ, sure. To be clear, I reached out to USCIS, was trying to confirm whether or not my petition had been sent to NVC by USCIS. It is my understanding that you want to call NVC not USCIS to inquire NVC case number. So I need to confirm beforehand that NVC has my case before I contact them for case number. 

First things first, you want to make sure that you're reaching them out during normal business hours, Mon thru Fri 8 am to 8pm EST. I chatted at around 9 am. I went to USCIS website. There's little chat box that says ..Need Help? Ask Emma. I clicked it and typed in Has my case been sent to NVC?

Emma (bot) then would list some suggestions but at the end of the list there's an option for Live Chat with representative. I chose that option. It asked for my case number and less than a minute later I was connected to a live agent.

Usual drill, she asked for name, address, phone, email to verify. I explained what I was looking for. At first she gave me generic answer saying that on 9/26/2022 my petition has been approved and that I should expect to get the approval letter by 10/14/2022 etc etc. Basically the same information we got from the approval letter. But then I reiterated that I already had that information and that I was reaching out to get confirmation from her (USCIS) that my petition had indeed been sent to NVC and on what date. I also explained to her that she should be able to look it up in the system as many people did manage to get this information from USCIS. About 3 mins later she confirmed that my case had not yet been sent to NVC. I asked whether there's a time frame we could expect it to be sent to NVC. She answered that there's no timeframe that she knew of unfortunately, she could only say that it may take 90 days for me to receive something from NVC.

My plan is to reach them out weekly. I will most likely do it in chat since to me it seems to be more intuitive to get to a live rep than calling, it's more convenient and faster too. Again, my own personal opinion. I do get that some people are more comfortable talking directly with customer service.

G'luck!

Timeline
On 10/7/2022 at 2:07 AM, Ako & Rich said:

Hello!

Could you tell me which USCIS number you called? There is no phone number on the NOA 2, so only I know is National Customer Service Center number on the NOA 1, which is (800) 375 5283. 

Thank you in advance!

Yes, I believe the number is what you have there (800) 375 5283.

I have tried calling through that number. Didn't quite understand how to get to live agent. You might want to try out @Mbfernandes's suggestion if you want to go this route. 'Tricking' the system by saying infopass to be put through to an agent.

Ganbatte!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.