419 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Elllena said:

I just received my extension letter in the mail yesterday, 08/15/2022. I mailed my package on 08/06, it got delivered on 08/08, the text that the case was created was on 08/11/2022. So it took less than 2 weeks from the day I mailed my package to my extension letter. Super happy with USCIS, they really moved fast. 

Awesome! Got a text with case number on Friday (8/12), so I’m hoping to receive the letter soon.

I don’t see it on my USPS mail digest for today, so hopefully tomorrow! 🤞🏽

N400

Submitted: 08/07/2023 (Online)

Receipt Notice + Biometric Reuse Notice: 08/07/2023

ROC

Submitted: 08/08/2022 (Phoenix Lockbox)

Received by USCIS (UPS Delivery): 08/09/2022

Text Message w Receipt #: 08/12/2022 (YSC)

NOA/Extension Letter: 08/18/2022

AOS

Submitted: 08/05/2019

RFE: 09/30/2019

RFE Received by USCIS: 10/11/2019

Interview: 10/22/2020

Case Approved: 11/05/2020

8 hours ago, Japan Claudio said:

Ciao, I’m not sure what is difference between a case originally assigned to MSC and a case transferred to NBC. But visa journey told me the latest approval estimate for my case is April 2, 2024😳 I have no idea what this estimate is based on because USCIS doesn’t show the processing time when it comes to MSC case…

Regarding the interview, I found this article issued by DHS, which says cases with MSC will have a interview. 
https://www.dhs.gov/publication/uscis-processing-concurrently-pending-forms-n-400-and-forms-i-751

But, I also read this article too. This says a conditioned green card processed through a consular might be also interview waiver. 
https://www.uscis.gov/newsroom/news-releases/uscis-implements-risk-based-approach-for-conditional-permanent-resident-interviews

This article is just April 2020, and I really hope this applies to me as well🤞🤞🤞

I also received an MSC number. I wonder if there is any reason they assign a case that will for sure have an interview or if it's just random. The second article says they interview risk cases so now I am wondering if they believe mine is also a risk case. 

Edited by Elllena

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Elllena said:

I also received an MSC number. I wonder if there is any reason they assign a case that will for sure have an interview or if it's just random. The second article says they interview risk cases so now I am wondering if they believe mine is also a risk case. 

I hope the process now is the code doesn't matter and they just decide as they review the case. Our case went through smoothly with no RFEs and a super fast and easy interview for the IR-1 so I'm not sure there's anything about us that would indicate a risk case. 🤷🏼‍♀️

11 minutes ago, JenIE said:

I hope the process now is the code doesn't matter and they just decide as they review the case. Our case went through smoothly with no RFEs and a super fast and easy interview for the IR-1 so I'm not sure there's anything about us that would indicate a risk case. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Right, I'm in the same boat. I went out of my way to do everything as legal as possible. I could have easily stayed in the US and do AOS from my J1 visa, but instead I returned to my home country and applied for a CR1. I helped a friend with her green card, she lied to the immigration officer when getting a B2 knowing she wanted to marry a US citizen, stay and work illegally in the US. She got her GC without an interview at all. I am very happy for her, but it would be just absurd they interview me for my ROC, but they don't interview people who worked illegally and overstayed their visas for years. I send them over 300 pages of evidence that me and my husband have every aspect of our life connected and joint, so I just find it hard to believe that in less than a couple of days they looked over all that evidence and decided my case is a risk, but you never really know with them. 

Edited by Elllena

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Elllena said:

Right, I'm in the same boat. I went out of my way to do everything as legal as possible. I could have easily stayed in the US and do AOS from my J1 visa, but instead I returned to my home country and applied for a CR1. I helped a friend with her green card, she lied to the immigration officer when getting a B2 knowing she wanted to marry a US citizen, stay and work illegally in the US. She got her GC without an interview at all. I am very happy for her, but it would be just absurd they interview me for my ROC, but they don't interview people who worked illegally and overstayed their visas for years. I send them over 300 pages of evidence that me and my husband have every aspect of our life connected and joint, so I just find it hard to believe that in less than a couple of days they looked over all that evidence and decided my case is a risk, but you never really know with them. 

Oh totally! My husband could've decided to stay on his ESTA but he went home after our wedding and we continued to travel to visit each other until the CR-1 was approved and he moved here. I really don't think they look through the evidence this soon -- at most they've just scanned it into their system. While it's possible they are making judgement calls based on the size of the packet, I'm hoping that with that link to the article that they are only going to interview risky cases that they now just arbitrarily assign locations based on evenly distributing the case loads. Although if we end up needing to have an interview, I'm not too worried -- our marriage is definitely real so answering interview questions honestly should make that very obvious. It will likely be many many months before we find out, but I'm sure we'll all keep each other updated and we'll have a better sense of our chances when that time comes! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello everyone,

For those who made their payments with a personal Check, did you have to sign the back of the check? ( the part that says "Endorse Here")

Also, did you write out your full name on the line at the bottom of the front part of the Check?

Thanks.

Hey there - welcome to the waiting :)

Filed my I-751 last week. On Tuesday I got the text with the receipt number. The card was charged the next day. Here is the thing. Previously, I used to get also an email confirmation, plus the case was visible on the myUSCIS account. This time nor email, no case info on the account. Is that typical? How was yours experience so far?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
19 hours ago, Total500 said:

Hello everyone,

For those who made their payments with a personal Check, did you have to sign the back of the check? ( the part that says "Endorse Here")

Also, did you write out your full name on the line at the bottom of the front part of the Check?

Thanks.

You do NOT endorse a check that you write to someone ese. Do not write anything on the back of that check.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
31 minutes ago, muddyboots said:

Hey there - welcome to the waiting :)

Filed my I-751 last week. On Tuesday I got the text with the receipt number. The card was charged the next day. Here is the thing. Previously, I used to get also an email confirmation, plus the case was visible on the myUSCIS account. This time nor email, no case info on the account. Is that typical? How was yours experience so far?

Even though I've always also put an email address, I've only ever gotten a text message with the G-1145, the only time I got email of a case being created was when our IR-1 was sent to the NVC. If you don't see the case on your account you can always click the option to add a case to your account and then enter the number that was in the text you received. You should then be able to see all info as usual.

Received my extension letter today! Almost a week after receiving the text message with case number.

Now I can breathe for another 23 months 🙃

N400

Submitted: 08/07/2023 (Online)

Receipt Notice + Biometric Reuse Notice: 08/07/2023

ROC

Submitted: 08/08/2022 (Phoenix Lockbox)

Received by USCIS (UPS Delivery): 08/09/2022

Text Message w Receipt #: 08/12/2022 (YSC)

NOA/Extension Letter: 08/18/2022

AOS

Submitted: 08/05/2019

RFE: 09/30/2019

RFE Received by USCIS: 10/11/2019

Interview: 10/22/2020

Case Approved: 11/05/2020

14 minutes ago, JenIE said:

Even though I've always also put an email address, I've only ever gotten a text message with the G-1145, the only time I got email of a case being created was when our IR-1 was sent to the NVC. If you don't see the case on your account you can always click the option to add a case to your account and then enter the number that was in the text you received. You should then be able to see all info as usual.

Right, I guess haven’t done this for a while ;)

Thanks!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, stephbd said:

Received my extension letter today! Almost a week after receiving the text message with case number.

Now I can breathe for another 23 months 🙃

Great news! Still waiting on mine, but it seems like I've been a day behind you, so 🤞 it'll come tomorrow!

Feeling like a dummy because I had the I-751 on my radar as needing to submit in August, but I thought it was just the form... not piles of evidence and a fee! I recently had a baby so I blame mom brain...

That being said, here is what I have collected for my package. Anything obvious I'm missing? 

- Check for fee

- Completed I-1751

Copies of:

- permanent resident card

- marriage certificate

- son’s birth certificate (born this March)

- health insurance with my husband and son on it

- void check from shared checking account

- account statements from shared checking and savings accounts

- 401K listing husband as beneficiary

- purchase & sales agreement for our house (lists us as co-owners)

- IRS tax transcripts for years we've been married

- motor vehicle purchase agreement (lists us as co-owners)

- cards from family members and friends for engagement, holidays, baby

- photos of us, our son, our family members over various years/locations (don't have a ton of photos of us together, plenty of our baby though including us with him at the hospital)

- a few pieces of mail addressed to both of us, including cards from family, health insurance letter, and mortgage statements

AOS via F-1 

• Feb 3, 2020 - Application received
  • March 5, 2020 - Biometrics completed
  • March 19, 2020 - RFE requested
  • April 20, 2020 - Response to RFE received
  • April 27, 2020 - EAD expedite requested, evidence requested and submitted
  • April 28, 2020 - Request for additional information received
  • April 28, 2020 - New card is being produced!!
  • May 1, 2020 - Courtesy letter about medical exam received
  • May 5, 2020 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview
  • October 19, 2020 - Interview scheduled notice
  • November 10, 2020 - Interview date
  • November 12, 2020 - AOS approved

Timeline
1 minute ago, elizabethquestion said:

Feeling like a dummy because I had the I-751 on my radar as needing to submit in August, but I thought it was just the form... not piles of evidence and a fee! I recently had a baby so I blame mom brain...

That being said, here is what I have collected for my package. Anything obvious I'm missing? 

- Check for fee

- Completed I-1751

Copies of:

- permanent resident card

- marriage certificate

- son’s birth certificate (born this March)

- health insurance with my husband and son on it

- void check from shared checking account

- account statements from shared checking and savings accounts

- 401K listing husband as beneficiary

- purchase & sales agreement for our house (lists us as co-owners)

- IRS tax transcripts for years we've been married

- motor vehicle purchase agreement (lists us as co-owners)

- cards from family members and friends for engagement, holidays, baby

- photos of us, our son, our family members over various years/locations (don't have a ton of photos of us together, plenty of our baby though including us with him at the hospital)

- a few pieces of mail addressed to both of us, including cards from family, health insurance letter, and mortgage statements

Wow, you really rallied quickly to come up with that amount of evidence! That all looks really great -- your son's birth certificate, the car, and house purchases are all really strong evidence of a legitimate marriage. You are also doing the tax transcripts for all married years which is great. Everything you've listed is really good, and honestly I'm not sure that more would be needed, although I know that lots of other people include a ton of evidence just to be safe. Maybe copies of your drivers licenses showing you have the same address?

Also don't forget to send the G-1145 if you want to be notified by text that your case has been created and receive the case number so you don't have to wait so long to know if everything went through ok.

As another note just so you don't stress, assuming you only need to submit payment for your husband, make sure the check is for $680 which covers the application fee and the biometrics. If you send the wrong amount they will send your packet back.

Hello everyone, just a quick update send my packet this monday 15 ,this morning checked my credit card and it was charged from Elgin lock box ,and just few minutes ago i got a text and a email saying that on August 16 they received my case and it  was accepted to start the process ,im glad they accepted  now just wait ,good luck everyone!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.