Y&A1221

Feeling depressed K-1 visa process

41 posts in this topic

I’m beginning to feel depressed. I just want my fiancé to be here so we can get married and begin our lives together. We have started to argue a little more… but it’s usually my fault because I miss him. Ahhhh. Our first NOA is December 31, 2021. Do y’all think USCIS will actually speed up like they’ve been saying since March? Their goal is 6 months… but right now it’s taking at least 13.5 months to receive NOA2. I just want to hear yalls opinions on if you think they will speed up! And I also want to hear some feedback from other couples who may be feeling depressed with the distance, also. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Y&A1221 said:

I’m beginning to feel depressed. I just want my fiancé to be here so we can get married and begin our lives together. We have started to argue a little more… but it’s usually my fault because I miss him. Ahhhh. Our first NOA is December 31, 2021. Do y’all think USCIS will actually speed up like they’ve been saying since March? Their goal is 6 months… but right now it’s taking at least 13.5 months to receive NOA2. I just want to hear yalls opinions on if you think they will speed up! And I also want to hear some feedback from other couples who may be feeling depressed with the distance, also. 

I see your timeline is not completed.

Completing your timeline and posting in the right forum will help you get a better milleage.

And no, the backlog is so big that even if they kept their promise to speed up, it’s still going to take years to go back to normal (whatever “normal” is for DHS and USCIS).

Again, for feedback, you’re going to be better off completing your timeline and telling us which embassy you’re dealing with.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

47 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

I see your timeline is not completed.

Completing your timeline and posting in the right forum will help you get a better milleage.

And no, the backlog is so big that even if they kept their promise to speed up, it’s still going to take years to go back to normal (whatever “normal” is for DHS and USCIS).

Again, for feedback, you’re going to be better off completing your timeline and telling us which embassy you’re dealing with.

I’m confused. I thought I had it done. I mean, all I’ve gotten is NOA1 so that’s all I’ve put on there. And I put California service center. What else am I supposed to complete to update it? Lol I didn’t realize. 

27 minutes ago, Chancy said:

*** Moved from K1 Process & Procedures to K1 Progress Reports ***

Hang in there.  I can relate to feeling depressed with the long wait.  During my visa process, there were days or even weeks when I just stayed in my room, wallowing in self-pity.  The daily chats and video calls with my beloved kept my spirits up.

Are you still in the process now? Or are you finally together? It gets so hard sometimes. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
1 hour ago, Y&A1221 said:

I’m confused. I thought I had it done. I mean, all I’ve gotten is NOA1 so that’s all I’ve put on there. And I put California service center. What else am I supposed to complete to update it? Lol I didn’t realize. 

Never mind, I just saw you have it.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Y&A1221 said:

The "speed up" they are talking about isn't going to have any effect on your case because you are already 18 months in. Besides, when a government agency talks about speeding up or improving something, they generally are just telling you they want more money to do so. They need to stop talking about goals of doing things in 6 months and instead talk about clearing backlogs starting with the oldest first. Once they get everything cleared up and caught up, then they can talk about their 6 month mumbo jumbo.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This is not easy.  We've all been through it.  Hang in there.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
2 hours ago, MarJhi said:

The "speed up" they are talking about isn't going to have any effect on your case because you are already 18 months in. Besides, when a government agency talks about speeding up or improving something, they generally are just telling you they want more money to do so. They need to stop talking about goals of doing things in 6 months and instead talk about clearing backlogs starting with the oldest first. Once they get everything cleared up and caught up, then they can talk about their 6 month mumbo jumbo.

They are not 18 months in, they are only 6 months in. NOA1 was December 2021, 6 months ago.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Cathi said:

They are not 18 months in, they are only 6 months in. NOA1 was December 2021, 6 months ago.

Oops...my mistake. Thanks for the correction 

16 hours ago, Y&A1221 said:

Hang in there. Our NOA1 is dated June 11, 2021 and we still haven't received our NOA2. It's mentally draining, but all you can do is wait and hope! Best of luck to all on this journey. 

Edited by explosive0

8 minutes ago, LemonLemonade said:

Totally feel you. It was hard seeing other people getting approved (even I was happy for them and seeing things moving), and kicking ourselves that we should have done the CR1 or applied earlier. 

During the wait time, we were really focusing in our career and working as much as I can to save up since I can't work until I get my AOS. Keep finding shows to watch, games to play, trying to find things to look forward to and future plans, etc. As Canadians, we can travel easier to the US to visit. None less,  the wait is hard for sure.

I have had that same thought so many times. We we started the process, K-1 was faster. Now it seems CR-1 is faster. I wish we would’ve known. But it wouldn’t make sense to change it now. 

14 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

current USCIS processing times for a K1 is 13 months 

and that is just the beginning

Yes, I know. That’s what I’m referring to. I realize how long it is taking just to receive NOA2. I just wish they would get it together at USCIS so we can be together soon. Along with every other couple. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.