Y&A1221

Feeling depressed K-1 visa process

41 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, LemonLemonade said:

Totally feel you. It was hard seeing other people getting approved (even I was happy for them and seeing things moving), and kicking ourselves that we should have done the CR1 or applied earlier. 

During the wait time, we were really focusing in our career and working as much as I can to save up since I can't work until I get my AOS. Keep finding shows to watch, games to play, trying to find things to look forward to and future plans, etc. As Canadians, we can travel easier to the US to visit. None less,  the wait is hard for sure.

I understand you fully, but as one comment above said, and that is all you can do is wait. ( I'm a Dec 2021 flier myself) My plans is to visit my fiancé in Oct 2022 for 2 weeks.. and just take it from there, and think positive. if the uscis says the 80% of the cases are done within 13 months, will we actually don't have that long to go, and if you really look at it ( this is just me )  always try to look at a brighter side of things.. but don't get me wrong it can be tough, trust me.. so you are not alone.. just try to enjoy the summer, and save money that's what I'm doing.. just know you are not alone

2 hours ago, explosive0 said:

Hang in there. Our NOA1 is dated June 11, 2021 and we still haven't received our NOA2. It's mentally draining, but all you can do is wait and hope! Best of luck to all on this journey. 

I hope you get approved soon!!! Shouldn’t be long!!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Y&A1221 said:

I have had that same thought so many times. We we started the process, K-1 was faster. Now it seems CR-1 is faster. I wish we would’ve known. But it wouldn’t make sense to change it now. 

Yea, having to deal with more paper work, but at least you'll be doing it with your fiance under the same roof. 

Hand in there! It is definitely one of the hardest things we've ever done, but made us even stronger than before (I know it sounds cliché lol but it is true) People in this forum really helped us, wish I discover this before my K1 lol 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The long and the short of this whole immigration process is it takes away from a time when u should be dating (K1) and learning about each other and having fun

and doing a visa takes the fun out of it 

even when newly wed to a foreigner,  when we should be on a honeymoon or sitting up our 1st living space,  that is gone and we wait daily for news ,  email,  phone call ,   anything that says the case is moving along and nothing and more nothing is  told to us

But if u think waiting for an interview is hard,  u really are in for more if the visa is appoved and the AOS process starts -that is even harder 

Good luck

2 hours ago, RUJEN said:

Positive thoughts yield to positive results !!! Never forget why you 2 are together in the first place.....

We filed in Dec 2019, received NOA2 in June of 2020, then went dormant until January of 2022. 18 months of nothing to do but wait.

I thank GOD that my fiance has patience and a great sense of humor, we found more things to joke about while waiting.

She is here now and we are married and the waiting is a distant memory now....

Best of luck to you and keep positive thoughts.....

Thank you so much for sharing this. I'm happy I joined VJ because you need the support. My fiance is in Dubai and I'm in the US I get sad  sometimes because I know he's lonely over there without me his family is back home in Nigeria where he is originally from. I will say we pray together fast together and make the best of everything when we talk to one another thank you again for sharing your feedback

7 hours ago, Y&A1221 said:

I hope you get approved soon!!! Shouldn’t be long!!! 

I pray you get approved soon hang in there because that's all we can do 😊

13 hours ago, RUJEN said:

Positive thoughts yield to positive results !!! Never forget why you 2 are together in the first place.....

We filed in Dec 2019, received NOA2 in June of 2020, then went dormant until January of 2022. 18 months of nothing to do but wait.

I thank GOD that my fiance has patience and a great sense of humor, we found more things to joke about while waiting.

She is here now and we are married and the waiting is a distant memory now....

Best of luck to you and keep positive thoughts.....

Thank you so much for sharing this!!!!! I love to hear success stories. 

18 hours ago, Gary Rich said:

I understand you fully, but as one comment above said, and that is all you can do is wait. ( I'm a Dec 2021 flier myself) My plans is to visit my fiancé in Oct 2022 for 2 weeks.. and just take it from there, and think positive. if the uscis says the 80% of the cases are done within 13 months, will we actually don't have that long to go, and if you really look at it ( this is just me )  always try to look at a brighter side of things.. but don't get me wrong it can be tough, trust me.. so you are not alone.. just try to enjoy the summer, and save money that's what I'm doing.. just know you are not alone (Edit-6/21/2022) I was talking to my fiancé this morning, and she is keeping herself busy more then me !! ( she is actually opening up a new store.. it will be the 3rd one) just seeing things like that keeps me sane.. again think positive.. and if you don't listen to me, please listen to some of the people in this group, they been at it long then you and I

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi there.. I totally get it with the "waiting" portion and we want to speed things up. As some people have suggested, take this time to get to know each other more and try to do things together as if your were together in person. I met my husband while playing Call of Duty and he lives in South America. We play together, watch movies together and try to eat at least one meal together everyday. I sent him board games that we can play over ZOOM (connect 4, battle ship etc..) and just try to keep it light. I try to stay positive and not go too much by what people say about the timeline. My timeline on VJ is like 2 months later than what the agent told me from USCIS my over the time processing time. So we make small milestones...IF by August (which would be 6 months) we hear nothing, then we know we wait until October to then reach out to check on case. If nothing happens then wait till December. So basically we try and work with 2 months at a time instead of years... in the meantime we find ways to get some of the paperwork, work on resume, cell phone UNO, check out travel and accommodations for when the time comes, continue to file and save our pictures and messages. We also take time to 3 way talk to both of our parents, the kids etc..  I also make a point to visit every 3-4 months and look forward to that.  It really becomes frustrating when I am going through something alone and I need a hug, but he finds a way to "let's do something" thinking to try and change the mood. We rarely say we miss each other (it just heightens that feelings) we just always say "see you later or tomorrow".  Hang in there! I am still in the early stages and wish this could go quicker, but the more I think about it, the slower time goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.