Rami679

I have a very complicated situation with I129

33 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

the child needs to be listed on all paperwork u send to immigration 

and unforunately,   he needs to be included in household size of your intended family

I stand corrected by more experienced VJ members if i say this in error

and it doesn't matter that what she says now / he is on the birth as father

sounds like she plays games and since she is the major player ,  she can change the rules at any time

so be prepared

so,  forget all that 

just know,  now,  how it affects u and him

Thank you very much for the response 

however, what I don’t understand now, if we are not going to apply for K2, why the child has to be included in household size? And after my fiancé do the dna test, and he proof that he’s not the father, will the child still be in the household? 
can the mother affect our relationship or the k1 process in anyway? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Child is not included.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

3 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Child is not included.

Now I understand that, but I’m wondering in what way this will affect the k1 process. 
min the I129 form, thry don’t ask a lot of questions about the child. 
what kind of documents they will ask for ? 
Because my fiancé doesn’t have the birth certificate of the child and doesn’t have a contact with the mother. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Rami679 said:

however, what I don’t understand now, if we are not going to apply for K2, why the child has to be included in household size? And after my fiancé do the dna test, and he proof that he’s not the father, will the child still be in the household? 

do the DNA

How?  if u don't know where the mother is??

your fiancee should try to find her on a social media site to get this done

otherwise , like i said  ,  she can change the rules and say he really is the father

1 minute ago, JeanneAdil said:

do the DNA

How?  if u don't know where the mother is??

your fiancee should try to find her on a social media site to get this done

otherwise , like i said  ,  she can change the rules and say he really is the father

You’re right, he called the police in Ukraine and they refused to help, he called the court and lawyers, they advised him to come to Ukraine and do test, he was going to go this month but the war started. 
and she seems like afraid of the consequences, 

and the weird thing, she never asked for any support and she even refused taking it, when my fiancé gave her some money before he left Ukraine. 
but my question is, how should we proceed now with the K1? How the child will affect the k1 process? After my fiancé gets his k1 then we’ll still continue with court and the DNA test 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Rami679 said:

You’re right, he called the police in Ukraine and they refused to help, he called the court and lawyers, they advised him to come to Ukraine and do test, he was going to go this month but the war started. 
and she seems like afraid of the consequences, 

and the weird thing, she never asked for any support and she even refused taking it, when my fiancé gave her some money before he left Ukraine. 
but my question is, how should we proceed now with the K1? How the child will affect the k1 process? After my fiancé gets his k1 then we’ll still continue with court and the DNA test 

do your K1 

and don't stress over this

just list the child and he can answer any questions if CO asks

its not that big a deal for your K1  (its happened before and will happen again)

but i will ask "why not go and marry and do the CR1 for spouse ?" 

it is best 

Just now, JeanneAdil said:

do your K1 

and don't stress over this

just list the child and he can answer any questions if CO asks

its not that big a deal for your K1  (its happened before and will happen again)

but i will ask "why not go and marry and do the CR1 for spouse ?" 

it is best 

We wanted to do the cr1 my fiancé even planed to do the ceremony in Rome, but my family won’t be able to come, so we decided to do k1 and do the ceremony in the US! 
but out of curiosity, why would you suggest us to do the cr1? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Rami679 said:

why would you suggest us to do the cr1?

In short, it's a far superior visa.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

CR1

cheaper  NO AOS costing $1225

immigrant can work as soon as in the US

no down time for immigrant to wait for the AOS  process to complete (taking at least a year)

immigrant is free with I 551 stamp at POE to use as green card for a year and can leave US soil if he needs to return home for any reason 

or go on a honeymoon like taking a cruise 

K1 is no longer fast 

immigrants get bored when they can not work and must sit at home

easier to  get SS #

easier to get DL

easier to add to health insurance

Edited by JeanneAdil

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Rami679 said:

Because my fiancé doesn’t have the birth certificate of the child and doesn’t have a contact with the mother. 

But he knows she fled to Slovakia? Or was it before the war?

Timeline:

Spoiler

AOS Journey:

Spoiler

08/19/2016 - day 0 - I-485, I-130, I-765 sent to USCIS office in Chicago (PD: 08/23/2016)

08/31/2016 - day 9 - electronic NOAs received via text and email, check is cashed.

09/08/2016 - day 17 - biometrics appointment notice received in the mail (appointment date 09/19/2016).

09/13/2016 - day 22 - early biometrics walk in.

10/28/2016 - day 67 - EAD status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced".

11/16/2016 - day 87 - EAD card received in mail.

06/27/2017 - day 309 - contacted the congressman office.

07/28/2017 - day 340 - finally received an interview appointment in mail (online status has not changed).

08/31/2017 - day 374 - Interview; I-485 status changed to 'New Card Is Being Produced'

09/08/2017 - day 382 - greencard received in mail

I-751 & N400 Journey:

Spoiler

06/20/2019 - day 1036 - ROC packet mailed (PD: 06/21/2019)

06/29/2019 - day 1045 - NOA/Extension letter received in the mail (new GC expiration date is 2/28/2021)

01/17/2020 - day 1256 - biometrics appointment

06/03/2020 - day 1382 - N400 filed online (PD: 06/04/2020)

02/01/2021 - day 1626 - Biometric Reuse notice uploaded to my online account

02/08/2021 - day 1634 - Interview Appointment notice uploaded to my online account

03/16/2021 - day 1670 - N400 Interview - passed; due to I-751 stuck in another office 'No decision can be made at this time'

06/01/2021 - day 1747 - with help of Sen. Sanders' office, I-751 file finally forwarded to St. Albans field office

06/28/2021 - day 1774 - I-751 status changed to 'New Card is Being Produced'; N400 status changed to 'Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled'

08/19/2021 - day 1826 (exactly 5 years since day 0) - Oath Ceremony (notice received on 7/19/21)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Rami679 said:

We wanted to do the cr1 my fiancé even planed to do the ceremony in Rome, but my family won’t be able to come, so we decided to do k1 and do the ceremony in the US! 
but out of curiosity, why would you suggest us to do the cr1? 

Regarding the party - You can have a simple marriage in Rome and have the big party in the USA later. 

I married in city hall so we could meet the 90 day requirement and just have the big party with everyone later on with no 90 day rush planning. 

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Mmm. As everybody else said, the answer is yes because he signed the birth certificate so he is the father, wheter or not genetics match, until he legally gives up his parental rights. My embassy did send me instruction stating that applicant must bring their own original birth certificate and if the applicant has children, he or she must bring original birth certificate of each unmarried child up to 21 years old even if they wish not to immigrate at this time. I don't know if this is specific for my embassy (Serbia-Belgrade) or it's general rule. It's going to take around 1.5 years until he gets his interview, so that's plenty of time to sort out this situation. If not, i guess he can explain himself at the interview~ Another thing to note is that he will need police records and court records (if convicted of crime) from each country he had lived in for more than 6 months~ 

Edited by Kittinpaw
Don't stress too much over it right now, application i129f does not ask for birth certificate of children or beneficiary, this is something that's needed at interview stage. Also i support cr1 visa route. Just marry to get the paperwork going, party later

8 hours ago, Rami679 said:

All of your children are included in the household size whether they live with you or not.  Way it is.  Children who do not immigrate are not part of the sponsor’s household.

8 hours ago, Rami679 said:

You’re right, he called the police in Ukraine and they refused to help,

Why should they?  This is in no way a police issue.

Have you ever met him in person?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.