VTD

December 2021 submissions to NVC -CR1

127 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline
1 hour ago, 1380anthony said:

How long does it take from this point to the embassy interview?

Depends on embassy and backlog they have

On 3/10/2022 at 11:01 PM, Hoba said:

Hi, Where did you see that review date was not changed? How can I know when my exact review date is?

That's the thing, we did not see anything anywhere. I just noted the date that I submitted, and that became our resubmission date. So we did not have any clue other than knowing the date on which we re-uploaded the document. 

On 3/11/2022 at 12:12 AM, pharenheit said:

They are talking about the submission date. It did not change and stayed the same date as when they initially submitted the documented when it was rejected. This is normal when you upload and submit for an rfe for required docs.

Yeah exactly. You know the date next to each document on your CEAC page (the date of uploading)? Even after I uploaded a new document on Dec 2, 2021, the submission date remained as Sep 6, 2021. So Dec 2, 2021 became our new submission date, even though it was not specified/visible anywhere on the CEAC page.

8 hours ago, SBHbb67 said:

That's the thing, we did not see anything anywhere. I just noted the date that I submitted, and that became our resubmission date. So we did not have any clue other than knowing the date on which we re-uploaded the document. 

Yeah exactly. You know the date next to each document on your CEAC page (the date of uploading)? Even after I uploaded a new document on Dec 2, 2021, the submission date remained as Sep 6, 2021. So Dec 2, 2021 became our new submission date, even though it was not specified/visible anywhere on the CEAC page.

So submitting a document can reset wait time?? I initially submitted all documents on February 9 and then submitted a petitioner's birth certificate which I didn't have to on Febuary 28😬😮.

Just now, 1380anthony said:

So submitting a document can reset wait time?? I initially submitted all documents on February 9 and then submitted a petitioner's birth certificate which I didn't have to on Febuary 28😬😮.

I wouldn't worry. To my understanding, you get in queue at the time you submit your first document and even if you add documents later, it doesn't change your waiting time. However, after your documents are reviewed, if you get an RFE and you have to upload more documents then, you return to the end of the line. So the cut-off point is when your documents are reviewed by the NVC.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 hour ago, SBHbb67 said:

I wouldn't worry. To my understanding, you get in queue at the time you submit your first document and even if you add documents later, it doesn't change your waiting time. However, after your documents are reviewed, if you get an RFE and you have to upload more documents then, you return to the end of the line. So the cut-off point is when your documents are reviewed by the NVC.

However if you do get an rfe and upload after the rfe upload in the others section, it is the same thing where it will not push you to the back-- for those that may have that question.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline
On 3/12/2022 at 12:30 PM, pharenheit said:

However if you do get an rfe and upload after the rfe upload in the others section, it is the same thing where it will not push you to the back-- for those that may have that question.

Are you sure? We got an RFE for a police certificate and submitted it on Feb 2, 2022.  I would like to upload my 2021 W2 now that it’s available, and a few more recent pics of us. But I’m hesitant to do that because I don’t want us to go to the back again. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 hours ago, EmTi said:

Are you sure? We got an RFE forfor a police certificate and submitted it on Feb 2, 2022.  I would like to upload my 2021 W2 now that it’s available, and a few more recent pics of us. But I’m hesitant to do that because I don’t want us to go to the back again. 

Still def a risk because others have done uploads before the 1st review and was sent to the back of the line. But I've followed all the nvc forums the last 6 months and have seen that pattern that as long you do other docs, you'll be fine. But honestly in your situation... it's not necessary unless they specifically asked for it.

3 hours ago, EmTi said:

Are you sure? We got an RFE for a police certificate and submitted it on Feb 2, 2022.  I would like to upload my 2021 W2 now that it’s available, and a few more recent pics of us. But I’m hesitant to do that because I don’t want us to go to the back again. 

For this years taxes you're not required to upload them unless they ask or have an interview after April 18th (if you have interview after this date I believe you just bring them to interview you don't upload them unless asked of course)? I believe

Edited by Bat man

On 3/12/2022 at 10:59 AM, 1380anthony said:

I think multiple people in October thread (try page eight) mentioned their experiences with uploading documents and from what I recall uploading a main document after initial submission would reset your wait time, but adding a document under additional documents did not.

Edited by Bat man

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Bat man said:

For this years taxes you're not required to upload them unless they ask or have an interview after April 18th (if you have interview after this date I believe you just bring them to interview you don't upload them unless asked of course)? I believe

Oh okay! That helps! What about extra photos and such. We didn’t upload many photos to NVC. I mean we did a fair number during the USCIS stage, but we have spent much more time together since then (USCIS was 2 years ago) 

Timeline
56 minutes ago, pharenheit said:

Still def a risk because others have done uploads before the 1st review and was sent to the back of the line. But I've followed all the nvc forums the last 6 months and have seen that pattern that as long you do other docs, you'll be fine. But honestly in your situation... it's not necessary unless they specifically asked for it.

Thanks! 

11 minutes ago, EmTi said:

Oh okay! That helps! What about extra photos and such. We didn’t upload many photos to NVC. I mean we did a fair number during the USCIS stage, but we have spent much more time together since then (USCIS was 2 years ago) 

Are the photos for the interview? This is what someone from the October thread took and if you go to their profile they also posted about their interview experience :)

On 2/22/2022 at 3:45 AM, ohiohopeful said:

So for the embassy interview, i'm taking:

- NVC Appt Letter

- Passport

- 2 x US Passport Photos

- DS260 Confirmation Page

- Original Birth Certificate

- I-864 Forms submitted to NVC for spouse and joint sponsor

- All financial docs submitted for sponsors, i.e. 1099, W2, transcript

- Spouse passport copy

- Evidence of relationship (Couple of pages with pictures, screenshots etc)

- Original marriage certificate and photocopy

- Police Certificate

This is what I could find for the London embassy appt online, maybe someone has some advice on what to leave out or include on top of this list?

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Bat man said:

Are the photos for the interview? This is what someone from the October thread took and if you go to their profile they also posted about their interview experience :)

This is great. Thank you. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.