TedBrosby

OCTOBER 2021 NVC SUBMISSIONS

238 posts in this topic

On 1/15/2022 at 12:41 AM, B@C said:

Yes it did not affect my original position in the queue

BTW I submitted ALL the Required documents on 10.14

So I think the queue starts after all the necessary documents for the applicant and the beneficiary have been submitted.
Additional documents can be added slowly later.

Can I ask what you non required documents you submitted after that did not effect your position in the queue? And did you submit it under “other” document type? 

I just added my W2 as I read it was required and messed up because I submitted it under the w2 document type instead of “other” like people recommended on here to keep your place on the queue. Now I feel like it reset the clock for me when I was about 3 weeks away from being reviewed 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
12 hours ago, Kelc said:

Can I ask what you non required documents you submitted after that did not effect your position in the queue? And did you submit it under “other” document type? 

I just added my W2 as I read it was required and messed up because I submitted it under the w2 document type instead of “other” like people recommended on here to keep your place on the queue. Now I feel like it reset the clock for me when I was about 3 weeks away from being reviewed 

YES I submitted them under "additional document" 

It's a long long journey till i find my way home to you

I-751 Timeline

1/3 Filled I-751 and Sent on 1/10

1/17 Got USCIS IOE#.Case was received and a receipt notice was sent.

1/23 Check cashed

1/26 Case Tracker update :Biometrics appointment was scheduled.

2/2 Received Bio appointment in mail and rescheduled the bio appointment online

2/6 Received  NOA and extension letter in mail

2/7 Done Bio in person and status changed to "Actively reviewed"

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
1 minute ago, Kelc said:

Sorry, do you mean you submitted it under "Additional AOS Supporting Documentation"?

image.png.492a515621cb7cb40e08e1f5b6264108.png

OR 

Do you mean you submitted the document type as "other"

image.png.6bccca0cba1dc19b6f5464741f303f23.png

YES.The file type is selected on a case-by-case basis.But what I uploaded later was evidence of the relationship, and the group photos were not financial guarantee documents

It's a long long journey till i find my way home to you

I-751 Timeline

1/3 Filled I-751 and Sent on 1/10

1/17 Got USCIS IOE#.Case was received and a receipt notice was sent.

1/23 Check cashed

1/26 Case Tracker update :Biometrics appointment was scheduled.

2/2 Received Bio appointment in mail and rescheduled the bio appointment online

2/6 Received  NOA and extension letter in mail

2/7 Done Bio in person and status changed to "Actively reviewed"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Good news!  

Submission date 10/20, added additional documents under "Other" (Explanation for no W2, W2 preview for 2021, explanation for address being different on W2 and my application) in December and January and those documents didn't push our date back because we got DQ'ed today!  

However, I'm confused.  

I got this in my inbox on NVC site.  

This case does not meet the minimum income requirement to sponsor the intending immigrants. To avoid delays, an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 from a joint sponsor may be submitted. For more information visit https://nvc.state.gov/aos. The consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of the interview. For more information, please visit https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p.

My income is quite high. Over $150k a year with only one dependent. Is this because my 2020/2019 AGI was $0 after foreign earned income exemption? I submitted a copy of my 2021 W2 that shows my income going much higher from August last year until now.  

I also got this:  

DS-260 Review Note 

The petition you have filed does not allow derivative status for family members. This means that any spouse, unmarried child under age 21, or parent will require his or her own petition to immigrate.

What does that mean? I am the spouse, so I'm not sure why it says spouse.  

And our child is already a US citizen so she doesn't need a visa. 

Last one I'll ask in the East Asia forum.  

We did get the email already saying we're documentarily qualified and that next will be the schedule for interview. So I'm guessing I have to bring proof of income to the interview and the consular officer will decide there, but if my W2 wasn't enough, what is?  

I have money in my bank account, and I'm still full time employed with my US employer. Pay-stubs, maybe my 2021 income tax statement? I'll be filing my 2021 income tax soon. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
7 hours ago, TedBrosby said:

Good news!  

Submission date 10/20, added additional documents under "Other" (Explanation for no W2, W2 preview for 2021, explanation for address being different on W2 and my application) in December and January and those documents didn't push our date back because we got DQ'ed today!  

However, I'm confused.  

I got this in my inbox on NVC site.  

My income is quite high. Over $150k a year with only one dependent. Is this because my 2020/2019 AGI was $0 after foreign earned income exemption? I submitted a copy of my 2021 W2 that shows my income going much higher from August last year until now.  

I also got this:  

What does that mean? I am the spouse, so I'm not sure why it says spouse.  

Last one I'll ask in the East Asia forum.  

We did get the email already saying we're documentarily qualified and that next will be the schedule for interview. So I'm guessing I have to bring proof of income to the interview and the consular officer will decide there, but if my W2 wasn't enough, what is?  

I have money in my bank account, and I'm still full time employed with my US employer. Pay-stubs, maybe my 2021 income tax statement? I'll be filing my 2021 income tax soon. 

I think it is a glitch in the system.

call NVC Monday to make sure. We don’t want any bad surprises at this stage.

congrats for your DQ

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Hello everyone.

I finally called through NVC yesterday, had to stay in a line for 2+ hours. When I finally connected an agent, i asked clarification on why my submitted documents on October 4th are still under review. They told me that I submitted optional documents on January 15th and since they are reviewing docs for October I'll have to wait another three months. I asked them why my case was still being reviewed with initial submission date, but they did not hear me and kept telling me that submission date was January 15th. I have no clue what is going on.

13 hours ago, TedBrosby said:

In your wife's DS-260, did she answer "yes" to the question about whether her child is immigrating with her?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Chancy said:

In your wife's DS-260, did she answer "yes" to the question about whether her child is immigrating with her?

I'll review the documents, but I don't believe I did.  

If I did, I can maybe just explain at the consular? We're taking our daughter with us and we'll have her passport and documentation with us just in case. 

1 hour ago, ali.cha said:

Hello everyone.

I finally called through NVC yesterday, had to stay in a line for 2+ hours. When I finally connected an agent, i asked clarification on why my submitted documents on October 4th are still under review. They told me that I submitted optional documents on January 15th and since they are reviewing docs for October I'll have to wait another three months. I asked them why my case was still being reviewed with initial submission date, but they did not hear me and kept telling me that submission date was January 15th. I have no clue what is going on.

Can you show me a screenshot of the document submission screen for you?  

I submitted all of my "after submission" documents using "Other" category and added a comment for them explaining what they were. 

3 hours ago, TedBrosby said:

If I did, I can maybe just explain at the consular? We're taking our daughter with us and we'll have her passport and documentation with us just in case. 

Even if you answered "yes" to that question, it won't be an issue for your wife's case.  No need to explain to the CO.  I only mentioned it as a possible explanation for why you got that note about derivative beneficiaries.

Timeline

With a full week this week, we should expect NVC to process files at least up to 27-Oct-2021.

Meaning we should start seeing some early November 2021 next week

Getting there for November NVC filers and good luck to all remaining October filers

Timeline
15 minutes ago, syedashah said:

We are on the same boat waiting for NVC review, submitted in second week of November hopefully will get there soon. I miss my husband 😭

Almost there. Couple more weeks and it will be our turn.

Only matter of couple of more weeks now, keep your head up

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.