VTD

December 2021 submissions to NVC -CR1

127 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, EmTi said:

Oh okay! That helps! What about extra photos and such. We didn’t upload many photos to NVC. I mean we did a fair number during the USCIS stage, but we have spent much more time together since then (USCIS was 2 years ago) 

NVC only wants a passport size photo 600×600 of the applicant if Im not mistaking 

1 hour ago, Bat man said:

I think multiple people in October thread (try page eight) mentioned their experiences with uploading documents and from what I recall uploading a main document after initial submission would reset your wait time, but adding a document under additional documents did not.

Im safe then. May 9 should be my review  date

5 hours ago, EmTi said:

Are you sure? We got an RFE for a police certificate and submitted it on Feb 2, 2022.  I would like to upload my 2021 W2 now that it’s available, and a few more recent pics of us. But I’m hesitant to do that because I don’t want us to go to the back again. 

Why pictures of you and family? NVC only wants a picture 2x2 600x600pixels of the applicant( passport). Search for " what photo to upload for NVC CEAC".

2 hours ago, EmTi said:

Oh okay! That helps! What about extra photos and such. We didn’t upload many photos to NVC. I mean we did a fair number during the USCIS stage, but we have spent much more time together since then (USCIS was 2 years ago) 

Nvc only needs your US Visa sized photographs. Nvc doesn't need your personal pictures to prove your relationship, they are only concerned about the legal & civil documents. You have to take your personal pictures to the embassy. So do not upload any of that in nvc account.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline
On 3/13/2022 at 7:17 PM, 1380anthony said:

NVC only wants a passport size photo 600×600 of the applicant if Im not mistaking 

I mean photos of my spouse and I. Showing a life together. 

Timeline
On 3/13/2022 at 9:16 PM, VTD said:

Nvc only needs your US Visa sized photographs. Nvc doesn't need your personal pictures to prove your relationship, they are only concerned about the legal & civil documents. You have to take your personal pictures to the embassy. So do not upload any of that in nvc account.

Oh. I read many stories where they never even looked at the photos during the interview. Asking just to make sure we have plenty of evidence of true marriage. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, 1380anthony said:

For the interview ...yes. but not for NVC.

I also asked that question because when youvare uploading there is one that says "photographs" in plural. It is only one 2x2 600x600pixels

Got it. 

4 hours ago, VTD said:

Our I-864EZ is rejected because the last blank page was missing. So we resubmitted, we'll know after 3 months from today.

Really sorry to hear that! 

On 3/16/2022 at 12:55 AM, VTD said:

Our I-864EZ is rejected because the last blank page was missing. So we resubmitted, we'll know after 3 months from today.

Really sorry to hear that. We recently went through the same thing and it's not easy. Thankfully we're approaching the end of our 3 months so I'm incredibly nervous and hopeful that it's approved this time. 

If it's any consolation, it does seem like they are improving the processing time marginally. Hopefully it continues to move in that direction. 

You aren't alone and I understand how frustrating that is. 

USCIS

10/15/2020 - Filed I-130 online

10/15/2020 - NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

03/17/2021 - Case status changed to "actively reviewing"  

04/02/2021 - Case status "actively reviewing" again (with the updated date)

04/02/2021 - Later that day... Case approved!  (NOA2)

04/05/2021 - Case sent from USCIS to NVC

04/08/2021 - NVC received case and assigned case number and IIN (notified via email) 

04/10/2021 - AOS + IV fees paid

04/15/2021 - IV completed 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.