Mari1212

Would you pass background check for requirement of ex of my fiance

14 posts in this topic

Ex wife of my fiance requests background check from me, so that i could be near their common daughter in future. I'm absolutely clear peson and have nothing to hide. Though she had some problems in the past by herself. 

Now i have back thoughts that this person will be third party in my relationship all the time. Would you make background check for your fiance? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Mari1212 said:

Ex wife of my fiance requests background check from me, so that i could be near their common daughter in future.

Sure, but ONLY if there was a court order. I am assuming the two sides have an attorney, right ?

46 minutes ago, Mari1212 said:

Would you make background check for your fiance? 

Not for a fiance, no. For my husband's case, yes. But only if there is a court order and my attorney knew about it.

45 minutes ago, Mari1212 said:

Now i have back thoughts that this person will be third party in my relationship all the time.

Time to talk with your SO about your fear.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

no way do u have to provide this personal and private information for the ex wife

totally agree with Adventine above 

be careful and protect yourself

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

seriously   

Haven't met this guy?

have u seen his face online?

as this whole senario sounds suspicious 

and even if this man,  is really a man and really a USC ,  we , too have scammers

tell this BF that the criminal report will be provided to CO at a K1 interview for use by immigration and no one else

even he does not need a copy unless u marry and go CR1 route and its needed for NVC stage

make him honestly apply for your K1 visa 

this "wife" if there is one and "if she is an ex"  is not part of your process for immigration

and in the US men can remarry and have joint custody of any child without the wife's permission when he pays support 

only a court order saying he can not see his own child prevents him and u being with a his own child(ren) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
2 hours ago, Marieke H said:

In your previous post you mentioned that you have not met in person yet because you had trouble obtaining a B-2 visa and his "personal reasons" prevented him from visiting you. Have you been able to meet in person yet? If you haven't, you are getting way ahead of yourselves. Tell the ex that once you have met in person and know you want to proceed, you will go through the visa process which includes background checks. So if you end up getting the K-1 or CR-1 visa, she can be sure that your background check came out clean.

21 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

seriously   

Haven't met this guy?

have u seen his face online?

as this whole senario sounds suspicious 

and even if this man,  is really a man and really a USC ,  we , too have scammers

tell this BF that the criminal report will be provided to CO at a K1 interview for use by immigration and no one else

even he does not need a copy unless u marry and go CR1 route and its needed for NVC stage

make him honestly apply for your K1 visa 

this "wife" if there is one and "if she is an ex"  is not part of your process for immigration

and in the US men can remarry and have joint custody of any child without the wife's permission when he pays support 

only a court order saying he can not see his own child prevents him and u being with a his own child(ren) 

Completely agree.  

This is a cat fish. 

Block this person. 

8 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Completely agree.  

This is a cat fish. 

Block this person. 

It is either a catfish, or someone who is unable to obtain a passport to be able to travel to meet her (due to owing child support/back taxes?). There is a lot to figure out and resolve before they are even close to living together in the US and having anything to do with the ex and the stepchild.