Sarge2155

I - 751 January 2022 Filers

1,059 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
Just now, Rocio0010 said:

Yours was also really fast!!! 3 months! Am I reading your timeline correctly?

Yes, mine took 72 days I just counted. From Feb to May! 

I think this is just the evidence-based approach kicking it. Now for those who have strong cases and were interviewed for their I485 Also (I think the ones who got waived for 485 are more likely to take longer) and are taking long, my hunch is that that they are starting out with an "experimental" batch and expanding the batch as weeks/months go by. I also see EAD's getting approved faster.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Dude41 said:

an "experimental" batch

But what would the experiment be? 

21 minutes ago, Dude41 said:

I also see EAD's getting approved faster.

Definitely!

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

52 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

Yours was also really fast!!! 3 months! Am I reading your timeline correctly?

Yes, they were one of the first ones to blaze through. I was shocked to see their approval, but this latest one electrocuted me!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I wonder if we all sent an out of processing time request if it would do anything... Do it massively to get their attention?

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

39 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

But what would the experiment be? 

My hunch is the risk based approach being applied to these cases (maybe there is a software and they just need training?). The whole model should not be complicated really , perhaps just training the officers in the data entry and what not. But I can be wrong

I filled Jan 1st and only got the biometrics waived recently. Soooo slow. Now 22 days is insane, I am also happy for them but are they trying to drive people that are waiting crazy? It is difficult to make sense of it. I don't think there is an experimental batch or anything like that - it is just the law of entropy at work. Go figure.

The time processing is always crazy to me. When I applied for my citizenship in 2017 the average wait time was 12-18 months. Mine took exactly 90 days from the day I sent application to the day I did my oath. 

When I did my adjustment of status back in 2009, I got the 10 year green card in the mail 45 days after I mailed my forms in. No interview, nothing (we did have the first interview and we had a child together) 

Those were the good times. 

Still haven't heard anything about my husbands case other than had the fingerprints taken. I am thinking we will have to have an interview since we didn't have one together for first GC. He just had it by himself at the US embassy in London. 

On 9/23/2022 at 9:07 AM, Yannary said:

The time processing is always crazy to me. When I applied for my citizenship in 2017 the average wait time was 12-18 months. Mine took exactly 90 days from the day I sent application to the day I did my oath. 

When I did my adjustment of status back in 2009, I got the 10 year green card in the mail 45 days after I mailed my forms in. No interview, nothing (we did have the first interview and we had a child together) 

Those were the good times. 

Still haven't heard anything about my husbands case other than had the fingerprints taken. I am thinking we will have to have an interview since we didn't have one together for first GC. He just had it by himself at the US embassy in London. 

That is pretty fast. Were you applying from the UK in the cases you mentioned? 

Edited by brazilk1visa

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Saman1103 said:

Still no news. The wait is starting to get annoying 

Same here.  IIRC, you and I received our biometrics appointments in Sacramento a week or two apart in February.  Since then, we've heard nothing.  I'm not expecting any updates until Summer 2023.

Our ROC story so far...
1/3/2022: I-751 sent via USPS Priority Mail; delivered to Phoenix Lockbox 1/5
1/6/2022: CC processed for filing and biometric fees
1/7/2022: Received receipt # via text
1/15/2022:  Received NOA and 24-month extension letter
1/22/2022:  Received biometrics appointment letter
2/8/2022:  Biometrics appointment
10/2/2023:  SURPRISE!  We received the I-751 approval letter and 10-year green card without an interview.  

My wife and I were approved on 10.5.22 (filed on 1.16.22, bio waived), same date as our AOS interview. Oddly enough we received a letter in the mail a week after our interview (yet dated prior to interview) waiving our interview and approving us. The interviewer never mentioned to this to us and conducted the interview as originally scheduled. It was simple and straightforward, all questions only being asked of my wife (applicant) about how we met, her addresses while in country, jobs while in country, and only specific question was for her to tell the story about how/when I proposed to her. Pretty simple. Good luck to the rest of you on this thread. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, erzengel said:

Same here.  IIRC, you and I received our biometrics appointments in Sacramento a week or two apart in February.  Since then, we've heard nothing.  I'm not expecting any updates until Summer 2023.

Correct, I'll be applying for n400 today. Hopefully that speeds things up

Can I get some more clarity on the double hole punch thing? I haven't seen this anywhere. We submitted our entire AOS  packet without doing that (we put each form in a manila folder) - is it different for 751?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.