Sarge2155

I - 751 January 2022 Filers

1,056 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Well here goes our window opens in a few days first week of the New Year (January 4th, 2022!)  I'll be sending the packet off January 5th, gonna use UPS as FedEx has been messing up lately (I used FedEx both times before without a hitch). The packet is 99.7% finished just waiting on a final December bank statement and I'm done! Nothing like a fresh New Year to start things off. Seems like yesterday we were struggling with the K1 and then the AOS. I did manage to submit both prior packets without the assistance of a lawyer, and no RFE (knock on wood). Those of you that remember we even got a wavier for the AOS interview. I loaded this packet with everything but the kitchen sink, perhaps we can get lucky again like with the AOS and have no interview for ROC, stranger things have happened! If there is an interview won't be a big deal we'll deal with it as it comes. So Happy New Year and I'll start this thing off:

This by no means is the gospel, it is just the way I chose to do our packet and it works for us. Thought I would share for those of you who are not sure what format to use. Pick and choose it always works! here is the cover letter I went with:

xxxxxxx X, xxxx

USCIS

Attn: I-751 (Box 21200)

1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S

Suite 100

Phoenix, AZ 85034-4850

ORIGINAL SUBMISSION

RE: I-751 JOINT PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE

FOR xxxxxxxxxxxxx A# xxx xxx xxx

U.S. Citizen Spouse:

xxxxxxxx (DOB: xx/xx/xxxx; SSN:xxx-xx-xxxx)

Conditional Resident Spouse:

xxxxxxxx (DOB: xx/xx/xxxx; SSN:xxx-xx-xxxx)

Dear USCIS Examiner:

Enclosed please find attached Form I-751 and materials to support removal of conditions on residence for my wife, xxxxxxxx. USCIS granted her conditional permanent residence on xxxx xxxx xxxxx.

The materials, which show a merging of our personal and financial lives since marriage (xxxxxxx  xx, xxxx), are organized in tab dividers for your convenience. For ease of review, pertinent information is highlighted in yellow, followed with a sticky tab explanation if needed. All materials are one-sided copies, if the original was two-sided the copy has been broken down and copied on a separate one-sided sheet for your ease of review.

Thank you for your prompt processing of this petition and for what we hope is your favorable response at your earliest opportunity.

Sincerely,

xxxxxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxxxxx

The packet is fairly thick so thick I used two pieces of cardboard as a backing to the keep the packet or book some might call it rigid. I used ACCO fasteners, sticky tabs on the inside and dividers. I will attach pictures of the packet here:

1705387594_ROCPacketFrontView.thumb.jpg.d2b02ffdb9ae2707b58cb20b1c1ccc11.jpg1958959480_ROCPacketBackView.thumb.jpg.5832771d2a9a642faf1597f3d6f27cb3.jpg

1744197958_ROCPacketSideView.thumb.jpg.12cb80d1374b6a348edb317416ad8eb6.jpg

The blue pieces paper represent bookmarks and will be removed, they were used by me to assist in adding more content ( I have been working on this thing since October 2021 and I am glad i started early as I got to take my time. I'll do a final check on the I - 751form to see whats current sign it, add the check then off to UPS on the 5th of January.

To some this might be overkill, but I wanted to give myself every chance for success the first time! Good luck to all the  January 2022 filers. We all can do this, we got this folks. I just wanted to share with everyone who might be drawing blanks!

I kid you not, I was just thinking about you today because both of our AOS interviews got waived around the same time. My window opens on Jan 29th, so technically I’m a January filer, but I might wait to send the application for a couple of days. I’ll stick around both this thread and the February one I started! 

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Timeline

Our package is almost ready too. I’m just waiting to print the form I-751 itself and add the most current bank statements and bills. I started putting it together in October too. I will work on it further this week, because I will start my winter break. So far, this is what I have:

This is what our package would look like. Good luck to us all! Let's share our progress!

February 4th, 2022

USCIS 

Attn: I-751 (Box 21200)

1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S

Suite 100 

Phoenix, AZ 85034-4850

ORIGINAL SUBMISSION

RE: I-751 JOINT PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE

Conditional Resident (Petitioner) : xxxx xxxxxxxxx- SSN:xxxxxxxxxxDOB: xxxxxxxxxxx

U.S. Citizen Spouse:

xxxx xxxxxxxx SSN: 1- 1656 DOB: xxxxxxxx

Dear Sir or Madam:

Please find enclosed  a joint Form I-751 and materials to support removal of conditions on residence for my wife, xxxx xxxxxxx. USCIS granted xxxx xxxxxxxxher conditional permanent residence on April 29, 2020.

The materials, which show a merging of our personal and financial lives since marriage (May 17, 2019), are organized in exhibits A- P and tab dividers for your convenience. 

Thank you for your prompt processing of this petition and for what we hope is your favorable response at your earliest opportunity.

Sincerely,

xxxx xxxxxxx                                                                                                                      xxxx xxxxxxxxx

Table of Contents

Exhibit A: FORM I-751

Original xxxxxxxxBank Personal Check, in the amount of $680.00 for payment of the I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence + Biometric fee

Enlarged copy of USCIS Form I-551 front and back (Permanent Resident Card)

Original Form I-751 filled and signed by xxxx and xxxx 

Addendum I and II to Form I-751

Copy of form G-1145.

Exhibit B: MARRIAGE

Copy of certified marriage certificate between xxxx and xxxx, showing marriage on May 17, 2019 in Morgantown, West Virginia.

Exhibit 😄 COHABITATION

Copy of Owners Title Insurance Policy with original recorded warranty deed for the property located at xxxxxxxx

Copy of American Land Title Association Settlement Statement showing xxxx and xxxx as buyers of the property situated at xxxxxxxx. 

Copy of Veterans United pre- approval letter showing xxxx and xxxx as pre-approved for a home loan. Dated: Jun 18, 2021 Signed by Kris Ball (Loan Officer) 

Copies of xxxx xxxxxxx and xxxx xxxxxx current drivers’ licenses showing joint residence at xxxxxxxx

Copies of xxxx xxxxxand xxxxxxxxxx old drivers’ licenses showing joint residence at xxxxxxxxx

Copy of xxxx Knotts’s updated Argentinian ID listing address at xxxxxxxxx

Copies of Spectrum (Internet) monthly statements showing xxxx as responsible for paying gas and electricity in our joint residence at xxxxxxxxx

Copies of Columbia Gas of Ohio monthly statements showing xxxx as responsible for paying gas in our joint residence atxxxxxxxx

Copy of lease agreement listing us as joint tenants at previous address (xxxxxxxxxx), beginning May 28, 2019 and copies of lease renewals for the same address for subsequent terms until May 31, 2022. 

Copy of xxxx xxxxx old argentinian ID listing address at xxxxxxxxxx

Copy of Horace Mann Insurance Company new business declaration listing us as jointly covered under renters’ insurance policy number xxxxxxx  for our residence at xxxxxxxxxxxx. Effective date: 02/02/2021. Expiration date: 02/02/2022.

Copy of appointment reminder from veterinary addressed to both of us.

Exhibit 😧 TAX RETURNS- STATE TAXES- PROPERTY TAXES

Copies of joint IRS tax returns for 2020 and 2021.

Copy of 2021 and 2022  Monongalia County Personal Property Return filed jointly.

2020 and 2021 joint West Virginia Tax receipts.

Exhibit E: FINANCIAL COMMINGLING

Copies of quarterly bank statements of our joint checking account (with United Bank) since inception of the accounts on 04/19/2019 to closing of the account on xx/xx/xxxx,, showing various financial co-mingling such as Veteran United payments, rent payments, car loan payments, insurance payments, grocery shopping etc.

Copy of Chase Deposit Account Balance summary showing us as joint owners of the Chase Premier Plus Checking Account ending in 6235. Dated 10/30/2021.

Exhibit F: JOINT MORTGAGE STATEMENTS, UTILITIES, AND VET BILLS.

Veterans United joint mortgage statements from August 2021 to January /2022

Copies of the city of Southwest Licking Community Water & Sewer District statements showing us as jointly responsible for paying water in our joint residence xxxxxxxxx 

Copies of AEP (Electric Company) monthly statements showing us as jointly responsible for paying the electric bill in our joint residence at xxxxxxxxx

Copies of Local Waste Services monthly statements showing us as jointly responsible for paying the trash pick up in our joint residence at xxxxxxxx

Copies veterinary bills showing us as jointly responsible for paying the veterinary bill

Copy of note from landlord in Morgantown stating he was responsible for paying the utilities on the property rented at xxxxxxxxx  for the time period we lived there.

Exhibit G:  JOINT HEALTH AND LIFE INSURANCE OVER THE YEARS.

Copy of xxxx’s current life insurance underwritten by Principal Life Insurance company listing xxxx as beneficiary of this insurance. 

Copy of current  dental/ vision insurance (with Principal), via xxxx’s current employer, showing us both covered under the same insurance plan. Effective date: 08/09/2021.

Copy of current United Health Care insurance, via xxxx’s current employer, showing us both covered under the same insurance plan.

Public Employees Insurance Agency certification letter showing xxxx as policy holder and xxxx as covered by this insurance. 

Copy of xxxx’s life insurance underwritten by United Omaha Life Insurance Company designating spouse xxxx as beneficiary.

Copy of previous health insurance cards (Independence), via xxxx former employer (xxxxx), showing us both covered under the same (former) insurance plan.

EXHIBIT H: Special Permissions

One Point of Care (OPOC.US) authorization for use and disclosure of private health information, providing authorization on behalf of xxxx to disclose private health information and listing xxxx as spouse.

Exhibit H:  JOINT RETIREMENT ACCOUNTS

Copy of xxxx  Individual Retirement Account from Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIIA) beneficiary designation letter? listing xxxx as beneficiary of the account.

Copy of West Virginia Consolidated Public Retirement Board Pre- Retirement Beneficiary Designation showing xxxx as member, and xxxx as beneficiary of the account. 

Exhibit I:  JOINT VEHICLE AND HOME INSURANCE.

Copy of xxxx ’s xxxxxxx Vehicle Insurance Card showing xxxx as covered by this insurance. Policy number: xxxxxxx . Effective date: 08/18/2021. Expiration date: 02/18/2022.

Copy of xxxx’s Vehicle Insurance Card showing xxxx as covered by this insurance. Policy number: xxxxx . Effective date: 08/20/2021. Expiration date: 08/20/2022/ 

Copy of Progressive Home Advantage Insurance policy statement listing our joint residence at xxxxxx . Policy number: xxxxx. Covered from July 23, 2021 to July 23, 2022. 

Copy of AAA (American Automobile Association) joint statement with a payment date of 11/16/2021.

Copy of xxxx xxxx Farm Vehicle Insurance Card and Renewal Policies showing xxxx xxxx as covered by this insurance. Policy number:xxxxxx. Covered from February 10, 2020  to July 9,2020.

Copy of xxxx xxxx State Farm Vehicle Insurance Card and Renewal Policies showing xxxx xxxxxx as covered by this insurance. Policy number: xxxxxxx. Covered from July 09, 2020  to January 09,2021.

Copy of xxxx xxxxxx State Farm Vehicle Insurance Card and Renewal Policies showing xxxx xxxxx as covered by this insurance. Policy number: xxxxxx. Covered from January 09, 2021  to July 9,2021.

Exhibit K: JOINT MEMBERSHIPS

Copies of Sam’s membership listing xxxx xxxxx as a complimentary member of the account.

Exhibit L: TRIPS TAKEN TOGETHER

Flight reservations for our (postponed due to COVID) trip to Argentina in July 2020.

EXHIBIT M: EMERGENCY CONTACT INFORMATION:

West Virginia University Outpatient Face Sheet for patient xxxx listing, xxxx, as emergency contact.

Family Vision Clinic patient sheet  for patient xxxx listing, xxxx, as emergency contact.

Paylocity profile for xxxx, listing husband xxxx as emergency contact.

Orthopedic ONE Patient Information sheet  for patient xxxx listing, xxxx, as emergency contact.

Exhibit N: PICTURES

Copies of photos of us together at various events with family and friends throughout the years

Copy of wedding pics.

Include some of everyday pics already sent with AOS.

Exhibit O: 

Copies of greeting cards, letters and packages from family and friends addressed to us throughout the years

•  

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Wow.  I hope ours is approved......     we sent maybe 1/4 of that volume!   😅  Both of our other petition packets were quite streamlined, so maybe we'll get lucky again 😉

1 minute ago, ra0010 said:

I kid you not, I was just thinking about you today because both of our AOS interviews got waived around the same time. My window opens on Jan 29th, so technically I’m a January filer, but I might wait to send the application for a couple of days. I’ll stick around both this thread and the February one I started! 

Hiya my friend I saw your thread and I could not hold it any longer so I made this one LOL. Yeah I remember the waivers. What are the odds we get another wavier? Wishful thinking perhaps LOL. Smooth sailing to you and Happy New Year!!!!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

3 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Wow.  I hope ours is approved......     we sent maybe 1/4 of that volume!   😅  Both of our other petition packets were quite streamlined, so maybe we'll get lucky again 😉

You got this, no sweat!!!!!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Hiya my friend I saw your thread and I could not hold it any longer so I made this one LOL. Yeah I remember the waivers. What are the odds we get another wavier? Wishful thinking perhaps LOL. Smooth sailing to you and Happy New Year!!!!

Yeah I’m in that weird position where technically I’m a January filer but just in case I’ll send on February. But knowing myself, I might just decide to send Jan 30th lol. The thing is, in my case my interview was sort of waived because we did have to mail evidence to the field office. But who knows? I think I’m the first case where this happened.

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Just now, Sarge2155 said:

You got this, no sweat!!!!!

Hope so!  We are in our 50s, and I've owned my current home for 11 years.  Thought about doing a quit claim/gift to the husband, and that is still the plan, but have not done it yet. 

We own a travel trailer and a truck together, filed MFJ x 3 years, joint accounts, named as beneficiaries, joint bills, insurance, etc.  We sent quarterly bank joint bank statements and bills.   We didn't bother sending evidence of Costco/Planet Fitness/ etc memberships.  We didn't send any personal cards/affidavits/photos etc.  

I guess I've always felt it was sort of an accidental, unearned advantage that he is from a country with a better standard of living than the US, and would not have any incentive to leave the paradise of Aotearoa to come here, besides me 😉.  In fact, he reminds me of this often 😂.

2 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Hope so!  We are in our 50s, and I've owned my current home for 11 years.  Thought about doing a quit claim/gift to the husband, and that is still the plan, but have not done it yet. 

We own a travel trailer and a truck together, filed MFJ x 3 years, joint accounts, named as beneficiaries, joint bills, insurance, etc.  We sent quarterly bank joint bank statements and bills.   We didn't bother sending evidence of Costco/Planet Fitness/ etc memberships.  We didn't send any personal cards/affidavits/photos etc.  

I guess I've always felt it was sort of an accidental, unearned advantage that he is from a country with a better standard of living than the US, and would not have any incentive to leave the paradise of Aotearoa to come here, besides me 😉.  In fact, he reminds me of this often 😂.

I'm in my 60s, own my own house, wife is not on the deed and I elected not to do a quick deed claim as it would mess up the property taxes I pay in my state. Just write up an explanation explaining you owned your house before you were married that's all I did! I believe it's a common occurrence insofar as a ROC.

Citizenship Complete!

2 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

I'm in my 60s, own my own house, wife is not on the deed and I elected not to do a quick deed claim as it would mess up the property taxes I pay in my state. Just write up an explanation explaining you owned your house before you were married that's all I did! I believe it's a common occurrence insofar as a ROC.

Too late, we filed several weeks ago, lol.  If there is an RFE, we will submit an explanation.   I'm sure they are quite used to seeing that situation for older filers.  

For awhile, we were considering trying to sell and buy something else, which would have been a joint purchase.  But the Seattle area market is absolutely haywire, and my house is worth 3x what I paid for it 11 years ago, so we will do a joint HELOC and a major remodel instead.  Plus, we love our neighborhood, and we are 15 minutes from the hospital where I work.

Timeline

You guys claim to be on your 50s and 60s, that is amazing. I know we don’t know each other in person, but I would have never guessed! 

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

11 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Too late, we filed several weeks ago, lol.  If there is an RFE, we will submit an explanation.   I'm sure they are quite used to seeing that situation for older filers.  

For awhile, we were considering trying to sell and buy something else, which would have been a joint purchase.  But the Seattle area market is absolutely haywire, and my house is worth 3x what I paid for it 11 years ago, so we will do a joint HELOC and a major remodel instead.  Plus, we love our neighborhood, and we are 15 minutes from the hospital where I work.

Yeah selling and buying is not like it used to be it involves much hassle now during these times. Better to stay put for now. Good call!

Citizenship Complete!

12 minutes ago, ra0010 said:

You guys claim to be on your 50s and 60s, that is amazing. I know we don’t know each other in person, but I would have never guessed! 

So are you saying that love only works for you younger folks? Mature folks need and find love too!!! Just messing with ya I'll go one further I'm not just in my 60s, I'm in my mid 60s LOL! Let me clarify this before some folks minds start to wonder I did not marry a younger women, that's the first thing folks think of older guys. My wife is not old enough to be my daughter let's clear that up right now LOL hehehehe!

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

So are you saying that love only works for you younger folks?

Oh no!!! I’m 38 and I did make some horrible love decisions in my 20s. Sometimes when you’re too young you don’t know what you want in life. I’ve seen older couples being perfectly happy and in a healthy relationship.

PS: wait, are you telling me you’re not 20, from Nigeria, a Nigerian prince, desperately in love with an 80 year old senior?!

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

19 minutes ago, ra0010 said:

Oh no!!! I’m 38 and I did make some horrible love decisions in my 20s. Sometimes when you’re too young you don’t know what you want in life. I’ve seen older couples being perfectly happy and in a healthy relationship.

PS: wait, are you telling me you’re not 20, from Nigeria, a Nigerian prince, desperately in love with an 80 year old senior?!

Fat chance of that my friend hehehehehe! Those horrible love decisions I made a ton of those. I got it right this time though took long enough but I got it right!!!!

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.