402 posts in this topic

Update: Got my NOA on hand. 

It also says that my greencard is extended for 24 months from the expiration date of my greencard, which is on March 3, 2022.

New Petition:

Apr 5,  2023: Naturalization

Apr 6, 2023: I-130 for my mother

Apr 6, 2023: NOA1

Apr 9, 2024: Approved

Apr 13, 2024: Sent to NVC

Apr 18, 2024: Received email fr NVC and paid the AOS/IV fee

Apr 23, 2024: CEAC website shows "Paid"

Apr 25, 2024: Uploaded Civil and Financial documents

May 1, 2024: Documents accepted except for marriage certificate (unreadable) and death certificate (wrong file)

3 hours ago, Jana H said:

It's mostly likely your NOA

I wonder how many people discard these, thinking "there is no way the govt. made such a typo, must be a scam"?!

Probably what happened was similar to the paper watermark fiasco on the Office.  Quality Control slacked off, but USCIS had no money in the budget to reprint them, so they're using them up.

55 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

I wonder how many people discard these, thinking "there is no way the govt. made such a typo, must be a scam"?!

Probably what happened was similar to the paper watermark fiasco on the Office.  Quality Control slacked off, but USCIS had no money in the budget to reprint them, so they're using them up.

That was my first thought when I saw the image. 

I almost lost this mail too as the mailman put it in the wrong mailbox. Good thing, my neighbor gave it to me as soon as he received it as he is fixing to be deployed in 2 days 😬

New Petition:

Apr 5,  2023: Naturalization

Apr 6, 2023: I-130 for my mother

Apr 6, 2023: NOA1

Apr 9, 2024: Approved

Apr 13, 2024: Sent to NVC

Apr 18, 2024: Received email fr NVC and paid the AOS/IV fee

Apr 23, 2024: CEAC website shows "Paid"

Apr 25, 2024: Uploaded Civil and Financial documents

May 1, 2024: Documents accepted except for marriage certificate (unreadable) and death certificate (wrong file)

Hello everyone! 
i have a question about the first snail mail notice that comes in after they received your package. I sent my package on 11-26 and received a text on 12/1 stating they received it and I should receive a mail notice shortly on the next steps. However, it’s now 12/31 and I haven’t received a letter yet from USCIS. I tried going through the automated system and can’t figure out how to check if they’ve already sent it out. 
i am located in Bay Area, California and sent my package to:

USCIS
Attn: I-751  
P.O. Box 21200 
Phoenix, AZ 85036-1200
Any suggestions? Getting kind of nervous

Edited by gdubnation
Added address

20 minutes ago, gdubnation said:

Hello everyone! 
i have a question about the first snail mail notice that comes in after they received your package. I sent my package on 11-26 and received a text on 12/1 stating they received it and I should receive a mail notice shortly on the next steps. However, it’s now 12/31 and I haven’t received a letter yet from USCIS. I tried going through the automated system and can’t figure out how to check if they’ve already sent it out. 
i am located in Bay Area, California and sent my package to:

USCIS
Attn: I-751  
P.O. Box 21200 
Phoenix, AZ 85036-1200
Any suggestions? Getting kind of nervous

I have read a few people who have received theirs in about 4-6 weeks.  Usually it arrives within a week or two.  The only thing consistent about USCIS is that they are inconsistent. 

While waiting, I would do the following:

• Make sure there are no typos in your address which you put in your application
  • Sign up for USPS informed delivery (if you have not already done so) so that you can see what mails you are receiving- This will give you a heads up (in case it gets delivered to wrong address)
  • Ask neighbors if they have received any of your mail accidentally delivered to their mailbox
  • I would call them after 6 weeks and inquire to get another copy

All the best.

USPS informed delivery informed me that I was supposed to receive a notice from USCIS early last week but it never came. It has been 11 days since USCIS mailed it out. I know this because I can see the scan of the mail piece on the informed delivery e-mail and can see the date it was stamped. I have reported the mail piece as missing to the USPS but at this point I doubt it will ever make it to my mailbox.

I strongly believe it was a notice for a biometrics appointment as I have already received the I-751 receipt notice. I know if I miss the appointment it will be a huge problem for the application. I spoke with someone at USCIS to see what can be done as to resending the notice but the person on the phone claimed that nothing had been sent to me. I told them that I saw a copy of the mail piece stamped on 12/22 so I know there was definitely something sent out to me. The person confirmed again that nothing had been sent out to me and there is nothing I can do except for wait for something to actually be sent out to me…

I’m really not sure what I can do now that I’ve already spoke with someone at USCIS and got that as an answer.  If I wait for nothing the appointment will come and go and my application will be denied for missing the appointment. Anyone have any ideas? The only thing I can think of is calling back and hoping for someone else to answer. aaaaaaahhhhhh

46 minutes ago, RozBilHabib said:

USPS informed delivery informed me that I was supposed to receive a notice from USCIS early last week but it never came. It has been 11 days since USCIS mailed it out. I know this because I can see the scan of the mail piece on the informed delivery e-mail and can see the date it was stamped. I have reported the mail piece as missing to the USPS but at this point I doubt it will ever make it to my mailbox.

I strongly believe it was a notice for a biometrics appointment as I have already received the I-751 receipt notice. I know if I miss the appointment it will be a huge problem for the application. I spoke with someone at USCIS to see what can be done as to resending the notice but the person on the phone claimed that nothing had been sent to me. I told them that I saw a copy of the mail piece stamped on 12/22 so I know there was definitely something sent out to me. The person confirmed again that nothing had been sent out to me and there is nothing I can do except for wait for something to actually be sent out to me…

I’m really not sure what I can do now that I’ve already spoke with someone at USCIS and got that as an answer.  If I wait for nothing the appointment will come and go and my application will be denied for missing the appointment. Anyone have any ideas? The only thing I can think of is calling back and hoping for someone else to answer. aaaaaaahhhhhh

File an e-request here: https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDNForm.do?sroPageType=ndn&entryPoint=init

And if you went through AOS and your fingerprints were already taken, the letter would just inform you about USCIS reusing them. 

5 hours ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

File an e-request here: https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDNForm.do?sroPageType=ndn&entryPoint=init

And if you went through AOS and your fingerprints were already taken, the letter would just inform you about USCIS reusing them. 

Hey Allaboutwaiting, thanks for sharing this! I'll try this out next week. 

On 12/30/2021 at 10:55 AM, MarryMe987654 said:

Informed Delivery showed a mail coming from USCIS.

Anyone else bothered by this?

image.png.24505fc612653057f998c2809b2adde2.png

We hadn't checked the mail since Dec 27 or 28 but our NOA was in there today with notice date of 12/22/2021 (Received 12/20/2021), 24 month extension. Our's has the same thing and the printing on the notice is faded at the top too 😓

Edited by Isabel&Will

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot what date I filed and accidentally posted in the Jan 2022 thread.. so dropping an update in the correct place! 

I received my I-797 NOA dated December 27th on December 31st. Then while I was away visiting in-laws this week, Informed Delivery showed another USCIS letter, so I was panicking the entire rest of the visit thinking it could be bad news (as we all do). Turns out it was an identical NOA but dated January 5th. No real clues as to why they sent another, the best I can assume is that the first copy seemed a little faded like their printer was running out of ink so it was a little hard to read, and maybe they sent another that was clearer. If so, this was uncharacteristically helpful of them, but cheers for almost causing a panic attack whilst away on a trip that was meant to be relaxing and fun! No news on biometrics just yet. 

Has anyone else experienced similar? 

On 1/3/2022 at 8:11 PM, gdubnation said:

Hey Allaboutwaiting, thanks for sharing this! I'll try this out next week. 

On 1/3/2022 at 3:08 PM, Allaboutwaiting said:

@Allaboutwaiting, my spouse came on K1 & had a AOS. But he got an appointment for biometrics again. Wonder why 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.