TJ66

October 2021 I-130 Filers

345 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Dil & Malar said:

I am eagerly waiting.. I am on Nov 2021.  2 weeks back 2 people from Aug 2021 filers got approval.. few september 2021 also popped up from california... It is going to be 300 days in the next 9 days for me.  I am sure all the OCTOBER filers are 300 days already over...  LET'S PRAY FOR THE SPEED UP AND APPROVAL

Yea i am 303 days. Im hoping for something in September. And the 6months i130 filing sounds like a load of lol. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Alexandra1990 said:

I am October 29 2021...i have not heard anything as of yet, but today visa journey set my approval as any day now. Who knows how accurate that is😑...hopefully it proves me wrong. From what im seeing its at the beginning of September but stoped? I dont think there were a lot of September filers in california. I really want to get to the nvc stage 😭

1 minute ago, Dil & Malar said:

I am eagerly waiting.. I am on Nov 2021.  2 weeks back 2 people from Aug 2021 filers got approval.. few september 2021 also popped up from california... It is going to be 300 days in the next 9 days for me.  I am sure all the OCTOBER filers are 300 days already over...  LET'S PRAY FOR THE SPEED UP AND APPROVAL

Unfortunately, at least from the timelines here, it seems like California is 1-2 months behind the other SVs for processing times.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Simplytex said:

Unfortunately, at least from the timelines here, it seems like California is 1-2 months behind the other SVs for processing times.

But one good thing with California is they are 99% processing sequentially,  if you filter the Xfer column by california, sort by NOA1, almost all the august 2021 filers got approval, no sep 2021 in progress..  it is not 10.5 months as the site says but it looks like it is close to 12 months..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 hour ago, Simplytex said:

Just watching the forums this week, seems like its gone quiet in the Sept/October I130 filers. I wonder if people are just not posting updates, or if there is actually something happening behind the scenes at USCIS. Back in Mar 2022 USCIS said that their goal is 6mo to process I130 visa's, but they never said what their target date to achieve that goal is...

That's not quite right and it's unfortunate that these USCIS goals get misunderstood so often. Firstly, they did say when they hope to achieve that goal: the end of FY 2023, so the end of September next year. Also, it's important to understand the difference between cycle times and their publicly posted processing times. USCIS has said the new goal applies to cycle times, meaning how many months’ worth of pending cases for a particular form are awaiting a decision, not how long it takes to process a form.  There's plenty to be annoyed with USCIS but they've been pretty transparent about these new goals. 

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/reducing-processing-backlogs

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Tuborg said:

That's not quite right and it's unfortunate that these USCIS goals get misunderstood so often. Firstly, they did say when they hope to achieve that goal: the end of FY 2023, so the end of September next year. Also, it's important to understand the difference between cycle times and their publicly posted processing times. USCIS has said the new goal applies to cycle times, meaning how many months’ worth of pending cases for a particular form are awaiting a decision, not how long it takes to process a form.  There's plenty to be annoyed with USCIS but they've been pretty transparent about these new goals. 

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/reducing-processing-backlogs

Fair enough, I hadn't seen their internal note about it, just news articles and the articles hadn't conveyed anything about deadlines. 

I still can't wrap my head around the difference between processing times and cycle times. https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/more-info even as a person who deals with metric reporting, etc on a regular basis, it seems intentionally obtuse that they have changed the reporting on their "Processing Time" website, because specifically I-130 reporting is still using the "cycle time" methodology... which is why places like VSC show such crazy time (currently 16mo) because historically the VSC has processed a way smaller number of forms monthly, but I think with the new online system it 'level loads' the assignments, so technically Vermont might have as many cases as Cali/Texas (though I assume those get reassigned)... End of the day, the reporting times on USCIS for  I-130 still aren't really an accurate measure of anything - its lucky we have people here on VJ reporting real-world completion...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, Alexandra1990 said:

I am October 29 2021...i have not heard anything as of yet, but today visa journey set my approval as any day now. Who knows how accurate that is😑...hopefully it proves me wrong. From what im seeing its at the beginning of September but stoped? I dont think there were a lot of September filers in california. I really want to get to the nvc stage 😭

It seems like  they ve stopped approuving last pd in cali sc was sept 2nd and a random approuval of Sept 10th. They are plenty of petitioners from September in lawfully as confuse as we are.... 

Timeline

We're at the California Service Center. I-130 Stand alone. October 11th. Actively Reviewing since October 21. Consular Processing. Still waiting now past the estimated processing time on their website.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 8/16/2022 at 8:45 PM, ArethisPT said:

Wait, 2020 or 2021?

July 2020 we were approved. November 2020 DQ’d. Priority date 2018. Yes. You heard it right - almost two years ago. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
4 hours ago, LouisJMarinelli said:

We're at the California Service Center. I-130 Stand alone. October 11th. Actively Reviewing since October 21. Consular Processing. Still waiting now past the estimated processing time on their website.

Their processing time is 10.5 months, you're still within the time frame and you can only inquire in November. I submitted on Oct 15th and AR on Oct 26th.

1 hour ago, Marla and Charles said:

July 2020 we were approved. November 2020 DQ’d. Priority date 2018. Yes. You heard it right - almost two years ago. 

Oh but that's not NVC or USCIS problem, that's the backlog of your embassy, there's a website you can check that, just Google "Ghana US Embassy I-130 interview backlog" and it should give you something.

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Apple&Mich said:

Some good news today…here is the timeline for us:

Center: Vermont

PD: Oct 7 2021

AR: Feb 20 2022

Approved: Aug 29 2022

No K3 or other submission. Good luck to all of you…you will all get there in the end! 

Glad to see some updates/progress!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Edtab said:

Hi everyone, getting close to a year and nothing yet.

331 days since we applied.

PD Oct 04

Already tired of waiting.

I'm at 1 year in 11 days. There are a lot of people in the September thread still waiting. I'm hoping that we'll all get answers soon now that vacation season is almost over. 🙏

I-130 (Potomac)

NOA1: 09/11/2021

NOA2: 11/21/2022

(NVC + Frankfurt Consulate)

NVC Docs Submitted: 12/03/2022

DQ: 01/30/2023

Appointment: 03/14/2023

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.