TJ66

October 2021 I-130 Filers

345 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys! I'm new here. I just wanted to share my I-130 experience here. We hired an attorney for I-130 ( I'm a spouse of a US citizen) and i601-A and here's my timeline so far:

1)  Submitted the I-130 on May 26,2021

2)  Received receipt on June 10,2021

3)  Approval received July 11,2021, only 31 days after the receipt notice! Service center was Nebraska office and during the application the time frame for approval was 3-7 months so we just got super lucky, we did not request expedited service.

SECOND PART IS THE WAIVER: - Submitted the I-601A Waiver on October 6,2021 - Receipt date October 11,2021, Field office is at Potomac Service Center (estimated time 29 to 36 months) ------UPDATES TO FOLLOW)

Edited by Gee2021

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
11 hours ago, Gee2021 said:

Hi guys! I'm new here. I just wanted to share my I-130 experience here. We hired an attorney for I-130 ( I'm a spouse of a US citizen) and i601-A and here's my timeline so far:

1)  Submitted the I-130 on May 26,2021

2)  Received receipt on June 10,2021

3)  Approval received July 11,2021, only 31 days after the receipt notice! Service center was Nebraska office and during the application the time frame for approval was 3-7 months so we just got super lucky, we did not request expedited service.

SECOND PART IS THE WAIVER: - Submitted the I-601A Waiver on October 6,2021 - Receipt date October 11,2021, Field office is at Potomac Service Center (estimated time 29 to 36 months) ------UPDATES TO FOLLOW)

@Gee2021, you should post to the May I-130 filing thread here.

*** One hijacking post removed. 

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
1 minute ago, TJ66 said:

The wait begins for us all! So does the frustration! I got a notice this morning that an action was taken on my account and couldn't find anything in there. Reached out via Emma and spoke to a live agent and was told that there was no action taken. Sigh.

It's likely going to be a long wait! Where is your service centre? 

Hi! 

My husband filed I-130 for me on October 19 and got a receipt notice online with Nebraska Service Center that day. On November 1, we received our NOA1 with Nebraska in mail. On November 2, our status changed to "being acvively reviewed" online. 

I know the wait from here is a crazy long one and I have to be patient, but cannot stop checking the uscis site every day and get excited about every single update in our case.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Filed I-130 via mail on 10/04 and got NOA1 a couple of weeks later. The USCIS receipt showed Texas Service Center but I contacted Ask Emma and learned that my case was transferred to Vermont.

Also filed K3 as soon as we received NOA1 and it is also being processed in Vermont.

2 hours ago, Fabio R S said:

Filed I-130 via mail on 10/04 and got NOA1 a couple of weeks later. The USCIS receipt showed Texas Service Center but I contacted Ask Emma and learned that my case was transferred to Vermont.

Also filed K3 as soon as we received NOA1 and it is also being processed in Vermont.

My receipt also said Texas, but Ask Emma told me it was Vermont.

Curious to see if the K3 helps move yours along faster.  Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.