Greencard-22

I-751 October 2021 Filers

740 posts in this topic

To be honest, I think there is no real rhyme or reason* to CIS/DHS requiring biometrics for the I-751 even if they've already gotten biometrics for the I-485.

I had my biometrics done for the 485, I had to get biometrics done again for the 751 on February of this year... and as of today my CIS log-in account only says "Case was received." Go figure!

(* Actually, I do think there is a reason, I've noticed most people who need to get biometrics re-done come from the Global South like myself.)

And now apparently the soonest I can get an approval for the 751 is on July 2023, lol.

I did received the 24-month extension notice at least, but that only lasts until October 2023, so this is cutting it dangerously close.

Edited by mjoyceb
Added update

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

If you’ve have multiple biometrics  taken by DHS, then USCIS can predict if your biometrics are likely to have changed enough between your last sample and when USCIS takes up your case. My wife had one taken for her I-485, and then another for her I-485 interview 9 months later. And that doesn’t include biometrics taken at most CBP stations.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 minute ago, Jorge83 said:

October 5, 2021 - I-751 package received

August 8, 2022 - New card is being produced.

WAC (California service center)

Congratulations! You are first I believe.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jorge83 said:

Your turnaround time matches the processing time socialized by the USCIS for WAC.  We are at EAC and have what seems like at least 5 more months before we see any movement on our case.  We are already planning on submitting our N400 in 2 months in an attempt to speed things up.

It is very promising to see one of us October 2021 filers reach the promised land.  Congrats to you.  We are very happy for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
15 hours ago, Jorge83 said:

No request for an interview? If not, wow!! Awesome!

4 minutes ago, Chris&Ale said:

No request for an interview? If not, wow!! Awesome!

I’ve seen a lot of biometrics and interviews being waved. But then I’ve also seen plenty of “combo interviews”, when folks already apply to N400 while waiting for I751.

Can’t tell what’s the norm 🤪🤣

N400

Submitted: 08/07/2023 (Online)

Receipt Notice + Biometric Reuse Notice: 08/07/2023

ROC

Submitted: 08/08/2022 (Phoenix Lockbox)

Received by USCIS (UPS Delivery): 08/09/2022

Text Message w Receipt #: 08/12/2022 (YSC)

NOA/Extension Letter: 08/18/2022

AOS

Submitted: 08/05/2019

RFE: 09/30/2019

RFE Received by USCIS: 10/11/2019

Interview: 10/22/2020

Case Approved: 11/05/2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, stephbd said:

I’ve seen a lot of biometrics and interviews being waved. But then I’ve also seen plenty of “combo interviews”, when folks already apply to N400 while waiting for I751.

Can’t tell what’s the norm 🤪🤣

No norm!! My I-751 was approved in 2.5 months. I’m glad to see others are getting approved as well! 

2 minutes ago, Doublepike said:

No norm!! My I-751 was approved in 2.5 months. I’m glad to see others are getting approved as well! 

Whoa! That’s AWESOME! Congrats!

What kind of evidence did you submit?

N400

Submitted: 08/07/2023 (Online)

Receipt Notice + Biometric Reuse Notice: 08/07/2023

ROC

Submitted: 08/08/2022 (Phoenix Lockbox)

Received by USCIS (UPS Delivery): 08/09/2022

Text Message w Receipt #: 08/12/2022 (YSC)

NOA/Extension Letter: 08/18/2022

AOS

Submitted: 08/05/2019

RFE: 09/30/2019

RFE Received by USCIS: 10/11/2019

Interview: 10/22/2020

Case Approved: 11/05/2020

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
22 hours ago, Jorge83 said:

Correct. My biometrics were waived, as was the interview. 

Thank you for the congratulations, everyone. :)

We now have 2 people who were approved!  Yippee!! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Howdy everyone! Just found this useful website via reddit. I’m in the same boat as all of October 2021 filers. I’m pondering on filing for N-400 on Oct 16 as I’ve heard that it speeds up the process a lot and merges your cases with a combo interview. My understanding is that N-400 timeline for SF field office is currently anything in between 4 to 8ish months. Sounds more promising than having my 10y green card any time soon 😼

Here is my timeline for CA Service Center(WAC) so far. No more updates atm.

I-751 timeline(ROC): 

• Sent by USPS certified mail with return
  • receipt on 10/25/2021
  • Delivered to Arizona lockbox on 10/28/2021
  • USCIS cashed the check on 11/2/2021
  • Received I-797 NOA on 11/5/2021
  • Fingerprints were reused as of March 11

Edited by Elena & Craig

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.