aerodnight

September 2021 I-130 filers

780 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Ctavarez90 said:

Everyone keeps trying to convince me to send in a K3 because we are at 10 months of waiting. My husband said there’s no point just for us to wait it out. I’m just ready for my approval. And I haven’t seen any august filers at California Service Center get any approvals this month yet 😩

It's a very frustrating process indeed. If my wife decided to move to The Netherlands, Europe, it would legally not be allowed to take longer than 60-days. 

My tip? Try not to look every day (way easier said than done), but more importantly, since you are nearing your NOA2 date, start gathering NVC required documents such as a birth certificate, police certficates/clearance and more. This will speed up the process when you get to the NVC stage since you will not have to be waiting for all those certficates.
Sidenote: Most of those certificates can not be older than 6-months, so do keep that in mind.

Goodluck! 🙌

45 minutes ago, DutchGuy said:

It's a very frustrating process indeed. If my wife decided to move to The Netherlands, Europe, it would legally not be allowed to take longer than 60-days. 

My tip? Try not to look every day (way easier said than done), but more importantly, since you are nearing your NOA2 date, start gathering NVC required documents such as a birth certificate, police certficates/clearance and more. This will speed up the process when you get to the NVC stage since you will not have to be waiting for all those certficates.
Sidenote: Most of those certificates can not be older than 6-months, so do keep that in mind.

Goodluck! 🙌

I can inquire on Aug 23 if I don’t receive my approval by then. Do you think I will receive my NOA2 before then?

2 hours ago, Ctavarez90 said:

Everyone keeps trying to convince me to send in a K3 because we are at 10 months of waiting.

The fee is free, so you won't be losing anything. But it also needs to be done by mail, and has a 11 month waiting time. If you submit it now, all that's going to happen is it will be denied whenever your i130 gets approved. It's just creating extra work for USCIS. Maybe submitting it at the same time as I130 there's a chance for it to be useful. But you're already at 300 days, so your i130 may be approved before the i129F even gets to them in the mail.

Edited by kurumu

2 hours ago, kurumu said:

The fee is free, so you won't be losing anything. But it also needs to be done by mail, and has a 11 month waiting time. If you submit it now, all that's going to happen is it will be denied whenever your i130 gets approved. It's just creating extra work for USCIS. Maybe submitting it at the same time as I130 there's a chance for it to be useful. But you're already at 300 days, so your i130 may be approved before the i129F even gets to them in the mail.

That’s what I think too. I believe I will get my approval before the end of next month

10 hours ago, Wilmarie Rivera said:

Hello group! My name is Wilmarie and I’m a US citizen originally from Puerto Rico and I’m married to an Italian. Has anybody from California got their I-130 approved? We submitted on September 10, 2021 and it started to get review on September 30, 2021. Since USCIS change their website we dont even know what dates they are processing now. I tried contacting a congresswoman here in Florida without success. Our lawyer cant even contact USCIS until September 2 (this day keeps changing on their website). All the other processing centers are speeding up a bit more and I feel helpless with the California center. 😞

Hello!

I mailed my paperwork on Sept 11, 2021.

USCIS at CA service center received it on September 13, 2021.

On September 24, 2022 they wrote the “actively being reviewed.”

I have not received any news after that. 

1 hour ago, Paola97 said:

Hello!

Hopefully I get my approval by the end of this month but we shall see

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Paola97 said:

Hello!

Did you mean Sept 24, 2021 (eg 11 days after filing)?

You might want to check with Emma to see if California Service Center is still where your case is at.

55 minutes ago, Troy B said:

Did you mean Sept 24, 2021 (eg 11 days after filing)?

You might want to check with Emma to see if California Service Center is still where your case is at.

What are you thinking about when we will get our approvals? Since we filed the same day and at the same service center?

On 7/2/2022 at 9:10 AM, Bigmasoud said:

Hello everyone. I also got approved yesterday (July 1st, the NOA1 was September 12th 2021). I was asleep when this happened, so in the morning I got notified by my wife. I already updated my timeline. I just wanted to share the good news and spread the hope like others did.

Hi, my case went to nvc. So the approval was July 1st, the actual update in the website for approval was July 6th, and on July 9th it was accepted in nvc. Fingers crossed for smooth future processings.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
17 hours ago, Bigmasoud said:

Hi, my case went to nvc. So the approval was July 1st, the actual update in the website for approval was July 6th, and on July 9th it was accepted in nvc. Fingers crossed for smooth future processings.

Congratulations 🎉 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.