aerodnight

September 2021 I-130 filers

780 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, shytown said:

I've been following July 2021 and August 2021 filers threads. There were many people getting their approvals around the 300 day mark, but it seems like most got it a couple weeks after the 300 day mark. That was just my vague impression, though. It's interesting to read them and subscribe to any updates there. 

Yea I was seeing the same thing. That’s why I have been checking every day for my approval. Hoping to have it by our wedding anniversary which is July 20. That will put us at about 325 days then

6 minutes ago, madhatter204 said:

I've been tracking all CSC cases based off of the timeline page on my own Excel sheet (since they don't always appear on the CSC processing times page - not sure why) and the average processing time for approvals in March, April, May & June is 295 days. There are obviously some outliers but yes, I think it'll come in early July. 

I sure hope so. My PD is 08/31/21 and I hit 301 days today. So really hoping for a July approval

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Ctavarez90 said:

Yea I was seeing the same thing. That’s why I have been checking every day for my approval. Hoping to have it by our wedding anniversary which is July 20. That will put us at about 325 days then

Good to hear that you also had this impression reading through it! ☺️ Wishing you the best of luck that you get an anniversary surprise! 

I-130 (Potomac)

NOA1: 09/11/2021

NOA2: 11/21/2022

(NVC + Frankfurt Consulate)

NVC Docs Submitted: 12/03/2022

DQ: 01/30/2023

Appointment: 03/14/2023

22 minutes ago, shytown said:

Good to hear that you also had this impression reading through it! ☺️ Wishing you the best of luck that you get an anniversary surprise! 

Thank you so much. I really hope so too. I go back to visit my husband in November and I do not want to go back still waiting on an approval

On 6/26/2022 at 8:28 PM, Ctavarez90 said:

Mine said the same. I dont believe the estimates anymore. I feel like it will be July 

My estimated Approval time that came from Visajourney said July 14th.  

2 minutes ago, HurtRN said:

My estimated Approval time that came from Visajourney said July 14th.  

Mine said Sept 28 but I don’t believe that one bit. I will have been at 13 months then and im at CSC which says 9.5 months. I can submit an inquiry on 08/23 if I haven’t been approved yet. But I really have a feeling I will be approved in July 

8 hours ago, Bigmasoud said:

Hi. Congratulations, I'm very happy for you, and thanks a lot for sharing your timeline. Regarding the 12 month estimate, it's for the whole process (including getting your visa), so the 9.5 months for the approval seems pretty logical.

On another note, I filed on Sep 12th, 8 days after you, so seeing your message here made me very happy. Thanks.

This is not correct that the ....12 months includes the NVC processing time.  The NVC processing is completely separate from the USCIS processing.  

2 minutes ago, Ctavarez90 said:

Mine said Sept 28 but I don’t believe that one bit. I will have been at 13 months then and im at CSC which says 9.5 months. I can submit an inquiry on 08/23 if I haven’t been approved yet. But I really have a feeling I will be approved in July 

Yeah, I don't trust the estimate sent.  Just gives me false hope,  haha.  Keep us updated if/when you do have to submit the inquiry!!  

12 hours ago, ukgreencardlad22 said:

Hi all - posting for the first time as I just received my approval notice from Potomac Service Center, and I know I would have been desperate to hear about potential timelines from other people. Clearly this is just my personal experience, and others may be less (or more) lucky.

For context I have been married to a US Citizen since 2015 and am applying from United Kingdom.

My dates below:

I130 Filing date: 4th September 2021
Receipt Notice: 4th September 2021

Active Review:13th January 2022

USCIS Approval: 25th June 2022

So ~9.5 months from filing to approval vs. the USCIS estimated timeline of 12 months for Potomac SC.

I will update once I have dates for NVC / interview / Visa granted

Congratulations!!  That is so exciting for you guys.  My PD is 2 days after you so hopefully potomac is getting closer and closer to approving my petition!  Again, congratulations and let us know how the NVC process goes.  🙂 

Just now, HurtRN said:

Yeah, I don't trust the estimate sent.  Just gives me false hope,  haha.  Keep us updated if/when you do have to submit the inquiry!!  

I most definitely will but im praying i wont have to. I had my congressman reach out to them and they should have a response from them in the next month but im hoping I will have my approval before that

11 hours ago, HurtRN said:

Congratulations!!  That is so exciting for you guys.  My PD is 2 days after you so hopefully potomac is getting closer and closer to approving my petition!  Again, congratulations and let us know how the NVC process goes.  🙂 

Thank-you! Yes I’ll certainly post an update for the NVC process - to be honest I was surprised to see another user say that the USCIS processing time estimate includes NVC processing, as that was not my understanding, and it’s a separate department (but obviously good for all on this thread if it does).

My wife will be moving to the US for a new job in early September so I’m encouraged that we won’t have to be apart for long 🤞🏼

Best of luck with your application!

2 hours ago, ukgreencardlad22 said:

Thank-you! Yes I’ll certainly post an update for the NVC process - to be honest I was surprised to see another user say that the USCIS processing time estimate includes NVC processing, as that was not my understanding, and it’s a separate department (but obviously good for all on this thread if it does).

My wife will be moving to the US for a new job in early September so I’m encouraged that we won’t have to be apart for long 🤞🏼

Best of luck with your application!

13 hours ago, HurtRN said:

This is not correct that the ....12 months includes the NVC processing time.  The NVC processing is completely separate from the USCIS processing.  

Oops. It seems I had this processing time all wrong. So now there are some family members I should notify about this miscalculation. Anyhow I think the hardest part is getting the approval, and hopefully it comes soon

1 hour ago, madhatter204 said:

The USCIS processing estimate doesn't include NVC, as far as I know. It is just for form I-130. 

You are correct. It’s just the timeframe for processing the petition

Hello everyone. I also got approved yesterday (July 1st, the NOA1 was September 12th 2021). I was asleep when this happened, so in the morning I got notified by my wife. I already updated my timeline. I just wanted to share the good news and spread the hope like others did.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.