Ethan & Shannon

I-751 September 2021 Filers

1,181 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, boris64 said:

If the form is not letting you fill something in you need to take a closer look to see if that particular block or question needs to be addressed at all. The I-751 PDF is a smart form that lets you type in a block or space of the form based on your answers to previous questions.

It still won't let me. For example I click YES my physical address is different than my mailing address, yet the physical address space still won't let me type in.

Do you think it's ok to just write it in then?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Anna Ko said:

It still won't let me. For example I click YES my physical address is different than my mailing address, yet the physical address space still won't let me type in.

Yes.  You can write it in. 

2 hours ago, Anna Ko said:

I just tried it and had the same issue. You'll have to write it in.

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Will be filing our I-751 in a few days....what is the final thought on filling in the I-751.  Leaving BLANKS on items that don't apply, or Putting N/A in all the non-applicable spaces?   What is the consensus on this. I've seen posts that say both.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Just now, hendo25 said:

Will be filing our I-751 in a few days....what is the final thought on filling in the I-751.  Leaving BLANKS on items that don't apply, or Putting N/A in all the non-applicable spaces?   What is the consensus on this. I've seen posts that say both.

I will say N A rather than leaving blank, they may send back your packet if no NA in place of blanks. I put N A  and got my I 797 NOA with 24 months extension today.

Received text notification SRC# assigned to Texas Service Center (for now). It seems SRC has the best processing times. So our case will probably get transferred)))). Hoping to avoid the interview as my wife had one for AOS.

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

1 hour ago, hendo25 said:

Leave them blank. When we did our AOS, we used an attorney and she left everything not applicable blank. So we did the same when we filled the I-751 form ourselves (without attorney). 

4 minutes ago, SoCal2021 said:

Leave them blank. When we did our AOS, we used an attorney and she left everything not applicable blank. So we did the same when we filled the I-751 form ourselves (without attorney). 

Another vote for leaving them blank. More due to laziness than anything else. We have never had a problem leaving things blank. But, I understand. It drives some people crazy to leave something blank)))

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Received our NOA today in the mail and our case has been sent to the Potomac Service Center. 

06/30/19 - Wedding Day!!

07/17/19 - AOS Packet Mailed

07/19/19 - AOS Received

07/24/19 - NOA1 Date

08/16/19 - Biometric Appt.

09/25/19 - Interview Ready to be Scheduled

10/16/19 - Interview was Scheduled

12/05/19 - Interview Day

❤️ From Worlds Apart... to a Lifetime Together!! ❤️

2 hours ago, boris64 said:

Received text notification SRC# assigned to Texas Service Center (for now). It seems SRC has the best processing times. So our case will probably get transferred)))). Hoping to avoid the interview as my wife had one for AOS.

You are correct.  Looking at Google spreadsheet, SRC is one of the fastest center.  Since you did not get MSC, you may be a good candidate for interview waiver:

For example, the speakers confirmed that I-751 receipt numbers with the prefix MSC are routed for interview scheduling; receipt numbers that do not contain the MSC prefix (e.g., EAC, VSC, LIN, etc.) are routed to the appropriate service center for an interview waiver determination. The speakers also clarified that, if the jointly filed I-751 petition is pending at the time of the N-400 interview, an applicant should bring his or her petitioning spouse to the naturalization interview.

https://www.dhs.gov/publication/uscis-processing-concurrently-pending-forms-n-400-and-forms-i-751

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello,

Is it OK to print documents on both sides of paper (double sided)? Also for evidence such as joint bank statements, do we need to print for the entire past 2 years? That will be alot of sheets lol. I’m really wondering what type of file or folder everyone used, please share!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
7 minutes ago, kya015 said:

Hello,

Is it OK to print documents on both sides of paper (double sided)? Also for evidence such as joint bank statements, do we need to print for the entire past 2 years? That will be alot of sheets lol. I’m really wondering what type of file or folder everyone used, please share!

Quarterly bank statements would suffice.. 
Everything should be printed single sided.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
9 minutes ago, ra0010 said:

Quarterly bank statements would suffice.. 
Everything should be printed single sided.

Ok thanks. Did you print all pages for those selected months or just the account summary/first page?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, kya015 said:

Ok thanks. Did you print all pages for those selected months or just the account summary/first page?

All the advice I've read says to print all pages, including blank ones. They really want to see the transactions. I paper clipped sections together and labeled each section with a tab at the bottom. I bound the whole thing with an ACCO clip, which meant punching two holes at the top of each page. This is all in accordance with what USCIS prefers.  https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-guidance/form-filing-tips

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.