Ethan & Shannon

I-751 September 2021 Filers

1,181 posts in this topic

On 9/1/2021 at 10:33 AM, LirikVJUser said:

Just curious your credit card and att bills show both names?

My wife is listed as an authorized user on all my cards. There is a page on all my accounts that shows authorized users. Also, American Express statements shows individual charges by initials of user.

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Mailed our packet on 09/03/2021! Fingers crossed for everyone submitting their I-751 ! Today received a message from USCIS regarding file/receipt number . Checked email , Got one email from USCIS  telling me that case is accepted and transferred to Nebraska Official I 797 notice to follow in mail .Looks everything going good. Hopefully will get letter of extension also .  My data went too big , so I sent two files naming file- A and file - B .

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Glad I found this page. We will file 9/21 

I need to find someone who streamlined their packet. I don’t see the efficacy of sending 24 months of our phone bill or anything like that 

Edited by Cheschirecat

1 hour ago, Cheschirecat said:

I don’t see the efficacy of sending 24 months of our phone bill or anything like that 

You may want to send quarterly statements (say first month of every quarter) for 2 years (or less if you are comfortable with).  

sent package USPS express 1 day on 9/7. delivered 9/8. text and case number 9/9!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hey guys!

I am getting ready to file my I751 soon.

Are you filling the forms on the computer or by hand? Last time I did I remember doing it by hand using black ink.

Another question, due to covid and that my husband is still in school we were living in his dad's house for the last year. Therefore, we do not have a lease and do not have utilities under our names. Any ideas or suggestions on to what to present?

Thank you!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hey guys!

Are you filling the forms on the computer or by hand? Last time I did I remember doing it by hand using black ink.

Another question, due to covid and that my husband is still in school we were living in his dad's house for the last year. Therefore, we do not have a lease and do not have utilities under our names. Any ideas or suggestions on to what to present?

I sent Computer Printed form only at the end your name and signatures needed to be filled hand. Written.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
9 hours ago, Cheschirecat said:

Glad I found this page. We will file 9/21 

I need to find someone who streamlined their packet. I don’t see the efficacy of sending 24 months of our phone bill or anything like that 

We file that day, too and streamlined our packet as much as we can. We're sending random bills, with both names, that span the time we've been married. We're also sending just one bank statement for each quarter. I've read, again and again, that we should send every page of each statement, so I am doing that. We're also not sending many photos. They're not great evidence, anyway, so why clutter the packet with them?  I believe we're sending enough for them to see that we've truly comingled our lives. If they want anything more, they'll ask for it. An RFE, at this point, wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen. If it delays our application - oh, well. We're already together, which was the main goal! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all! So my wife got her green card in November 2020 so we’ll be submitting her I-751 in the latter half of 2022. I’ve been keeping track of these threads in the meantime and have taken note of all the things you’re sending with your packets. I really appreciate you sharing your experiences. I see that it is taking over a year to get to an interview scheduled, so I’m banking on an interview in sometime late 2023/early 2024. Are you all planning to bring continued evidence to your interview? Should we plan on putting together another packet of sorts since there will be so much processing time in between? I know this is super early but I wanted to see what you all plan on doing from here until the interview. Thanks!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, visaquestion1234 said:

Hi all! So my wife got her green card in November 2020 so we’ll be submitting her I-751 in the latter half of 2022. I’ve been keeping track of these threads in the meantime and have taken note of all the things you’re sending with your packets. I really appreciate you sharing your experiences. I see that it is taking over a year to get to an interview scheduled, so I’m banking on an interview in sometime late 2023/early 2024. Are you all planning to bring continued evidence to your interview? Should we plan on putting together another packet of sorts since there will be so much processing time in between? I know this is super early but I wanted to see what you all plan on doing from here until the interview. Thanks!

I'm hoping for no interview, as we did one for AOS. If we are interviewed, we'll definitely take along up to date evidence. I would rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Joyoussinger said:

I'm hoping for no interview, as we did one for AOS. If we are interviewed, we'll definitely take along up to date evidence. I would rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!

Oh wow I thought interviews were mandatory (even for ROC) as of 2018. We also did one for AOS. Well, I hope the same for you and speedy process for everyone.

Timeline

1 hour ago, visaquestion1234 said:

Oh wow I thought interviews were mandatory (even for ROC) as of 2018. We also did one for AOS. Well, I hope the same for you and speedy process for everyone.

USCIS can waive the interview if your application includes strong evidence that your marriage is legitimate and if you interviewed for AOS

On 9/9/2021 at 10:09 PM, Nataly & Chris said:

Hey guys!

Are you filling the forms on the computer or by hand? Last time I did I remember doing it by hand using black ink.

Another question, due to covid and that my husband is still in school we were living in his dad's house for the last year. Therefore, we do not have a lease and do not have utilities under our names. Any ideas or suggestions on to what to present?

Thank you!

Computer. Nobody wants to see my handwriting and unfortunately Zan's is almost as bad as mine)))

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

15 hours ago, Anna Ko said:

Two questions:

1. I filled out the form mostly by typing but certain areas wouldn't allow me fill out so I did those by hands. Is it ok to have a mix of typed/hand written?

2. Do I need type N/A or just leave blank? I've seen people say both...

If the form is not letting you fill something in you need to take a closer look to see if that particular block or question needs to be addressed at all. The I-751 PDF is a smart form that lets you type in a block or space of the form based on your answers to previous questions.

Edited by boris64

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.