Ethan & Shannon

I-751 September 2021 Filers

1,181 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
59 minutes ago, SoCal2021 said:

Finally an update for WAC filers.....I just received update that my wife's case was updated to show "Fingerprints were taken".  So, I am assuming it has been waived.  

That's what it means!

4 hours ago, SoCal2021 said:

Finally an update for WAC filers.....I just received update that my wife's case was updated to show "Fingerprints were taken".  So, I am assuming it has been waived.  

Mine too!! 

Finally got notice saying fingerprints applied to your case. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, jkelsey said:

Finally got notice saying fingerprints applied to your case. 

Hey guys how have you been? I know 2 years went by like a blip! My wife and I just filed our ROC 2 weeks ago and just now got our NOA1 today. I had colon surgery in December so we were delayed a little as our expiration date was Feb 25, 2022. We did get a 24 month extension on our case so it's all good. I forgot about the wife needing fingerprinted so I know that will come soon. Everything is moving at a snails pace so not worrying to much. Take care!! 

Edited by Ryanmaria2018

42 minutes ago, Ryanmaria2018 said:

Hey guys how have you been? I know 2 years went by like a blip! My wife and I just filed our ROC 2 weeks ago and just now got our NOA1 today. I had colon surgery in December so we were delayed a little as our expiration date was Feb 25, 2022. We did get a 24 month extension on our case so it's all good. I forgot about the wife needing fingerprinted so I know that will come soon. Everything is moving at a snails pace so not worrying to much. Take care!! 

Been good. It has been slow this time. Our fingerprints got waived. Used the ones we did last time for this one. 

44 minutes ago, Ryanmaria2018 said:

Wishing you speedy recovery from your surgery and speedy processing of your ROC. All the best. 

53 minutes ago, orangemustard said:

All.. I submitted back in Sep 1st week 2021 at SRC and have yet to receive the Biometric, which is very strange. Contacted them and they said they have no update. Everyone else on the tracker from SRC got theirs back in Nov / early December. I'm getting worried. Any suggestions / comments would be welcome

I would not be so concerned about it. I reviewed VJ timeline for I-751 ROC this weekend…saw a few cases (WAC filers) where biometric was waived and case approved within a week of each other. Anything can happen with any center, including SRC.  Focus on the end game (removal of condition), which is ultimately what matters (it is taking approx 7-11 months for approval in both  SRC and WAC). 
Having said that, it is quite frustrating with this long waiting game. 

Edited by SoCal2021

32 minutes ago, SoCal2021 said:

I would not be so concerned about it. I reviewed VJ timeline for I-751 ROC this weekend…saw a few cases (WAC filers) where biometric was waived and case approved within a week of each other. Anything can happen with any center, including SRC.  Focus on the end game (removal of condition), which is ultimately what matters (it is taking approx 7-11 months for approval in both  SRC and WAC). 

Appreciate your response.. I'll need to check that honestly

11 minutes ago, orangemustard said:

Appreciate your response.. I'll need to check that honestly

418580439_ScreenShot2022-01-23at7_37_11PM.thumb.png.e6560612cb2e35eeccbcd1091d3be850.png

3 hours ago, SoCal2021 said:

To be honest, seems like applying for Citizenship with the N-400 is the end game especially if your service center is the Potomac Center. Everyone else are descent turn around times but Potomac is taking forever. From what I seen on here and from people I know that was going through the ROC process, they just applied for Citizenship for a swifter process and get everything out the way. I do know that is not in everyone’s plan but I’m strongly considering to do so when I am eligible.

20 minutes ago, Vante said:

To be honest, seems like applying for Citizenship with the N-400 is the end game especially if your service center is the Potomac Center. Everyone else are descent turn around times but Potomac is taking forever. From what I seen on here and from people I know that was going through the ROC process, they just applied for Citizenship for a swifter process and get everything out the way. I do know that is not in everyone’s plan but I’m strongly considering to do so when I am eligible.

I'm wondering about that. My 90 days of filing citizenship is this coming August, so that's another set of filing. Pretty excited about it though.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Vante said:

I agree with applying to citizenship should be the end game. However, I’m in several Facebook groups and noticed that Potomac,WAC and basically any other center moves except for Nebraska(Lin). I’ve met people in those groups whose cases are in Nebraska and they have been waiting 2-3 years. But Potomac and Vermont actually move faster than LIN based on what I’ve seen in those groups. 

I personally am applying as soon as I’m eligible because I know it won’t happen before my window for citizenship opens. 

I got the waiver letter of fingerprints around late Oct. However, it looks like there has been nothing change on the Case Status since then. Really worried :(._Any similar experience? Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.