EandS2019

I-751 September 2021 Filers

1,189 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Just received a notice in the mail from USCIS with a biometrics appointment date. 

I've been searching around the forums looking for some clarity on what it exactly means when you get your biometrics waived vs. having to redo your biometrics and I haven't been able to find a clear cut explanation. 

Is there some sort of advantage to having your biometrics waived vs. not? 

There doesn't seem to be a clear pattern as to who does and doesn't get an appointment scheduled. I know they are waiving a lot of biometrics simply because they are so backed up in some areas so could it be that where I am located geographically (Houston) the applications office isn't backed up so they figure they'd just have us come in for a biometrics anyways?

Thanks in advance for any clarifications. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Alekezam said:

Just received a notice in the mail from USCIS with a biometrics appointment date. 

I've been searching around the forums looking for some clarity on what it exactly means when you get your biometrics waived vs. having to redo your biometrics and I haven't been able to find a clear cut explanation. 

There doesn't seem to be a clear pattern as to who does and doesn't get an appointment scheduled. I know they are waiving a lot of biometrics simply because they are so backed up in some areas so could it be that where I am located geographically (Houston) the applications office isn't backed up so they figure they'd just have us come in for a biometrics anyways?

For ROC, biometrics and interviews are usually waived if there were biometrics and an interview for AOS.

Edit to add: I just saw your timeline and that you did have an interview. I can't say what the reason for more biometrics would be, but that occasionally they require it. 

Edited by Joyoussinger

Timeline
1 hour ago, Joyoussinger said:

For ROC, biometrics and interviews are usually waived if there were biometrics and an interview for AOS.

Edit to add: I just saw your timeline and that you did have an interview. I can't say what the reason for more biometrics would be, but that occasionally they require it. 

Thanks for the input. 

From all the sifting through the forums the only thing I can come up with is that the primary advantage to having the biometrics waived is that it saves a trip from having to go through that whole exercise again. There just doesn't seem to be a clear pattern as to who gets waived and who doesn't other than the possibility that certain geographical areas are less or more backed up than others. 

I'm pretty sure that it being waived has no correlation to a requirement for interview....however having an interview at AOS does seem to have a bearing on whether or an additional interview is required. 

If someone can shed some more light on the topic that would be greatly appreciated. 

I just had my conditional card 2 months ago, I know it is too early to ask about I-751 but I want to get them ready: 

1. If my husband wants to make the Last Will (or mortgage deed.....)  as I-751 evidence, he should do it right now so it can cover a 2-year period OR just wait until we are about to file I-751 (the last minute) ??

2. Each of our AT&T phone bill is of 18 pages, I need to print all of 18 pages ( too thick) or just print 2 first pages were which covers both of our names and phone numbers ??

Thank you so much ❤️

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Jimmy Nguyen said:

I just had my conditional card 2 months ago, I know it is too early to ask about I-751 but I want to get them ready: 

1. If my husband wants to make the Last Will (or mortgage deed.....)  as I-751 evidence, he should do it right now so it can cover a 2-year period OR just wait until we are about to file I-751 (the last minute) ?? We did not include this as part of our evidence in for our submittal so can't comment on this. 

2. Each of our AT&T phone bill is of 18 pages, I need to print all of 18 pages ( too thick) or just print 2 first pages were which covers both of our names and phone numbers ?? Can't say definitively what is right or wrong as far as how much of the bill you need to send in but I would suggest you include at least one entire bill (the first one in the sequence) and then for all other subsequent bills just put the first page which shows both your names. 

Thank you so much ❤️

Edited by Alekezam
Grammatical Error

Timeline
4 hours ago, Alekezam said:

Do the will and deed now. They're both things that shouldn't wait anyway, and it's good to show as much as you can for the entire history of your marriage. We sent several electric bills, covering the two plus years, and we only sent the first page for each, which shows both our names and address. I think it's really only with bank statements that you need to send every page, so they can see transactions and that you're not hiding anything. I don't think there's much to hide with a utility bill.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Alekezam said:

Thanks for the input. 

From all the sifting through the forums the only thing I can come up with is that the primary advantage to having the biometrics waived is that it saves a trip from having to go through that whole exercise again. There just doesn't seem to be a clear pattern as to who gets waived and who doesn't other than the possibility that certain geographical areas are less or more backed up than others. 

I'm pretty sure that it being waived has no correlation to a requirement for interview....however having an interview at AOS does seem to have a bearing on whether or an additional interview is required. 

If someone can shed some more light on the topic that would be greatly appreciated. 

I'm not sure there is a correlation between biometrics and interview waivers. However, it does seem like the vast majority of people  (but not all) who did not get biometrics waivers are also the ones whose receipt number is MSC (National Benefits Center) and those applications are sent to local offices to schedule interviews, so perhaps there is a correlation. 

Edited by Joyoussinger

1 hour ago, Joyoussinger said:

Do the will and deed now. They're both things that shouldn't wait anyway, and it's good to show as much as you can for the entire history of your marriage. We sent several electric bills, covering the two plus years, and we only sent the first page for each, which shows both our names and address. I think it's really only with bank statements that you need to send every page, so they can see transactions and that you're not hiding anything. I don't think there's much to hide with a utility bill.

i will tell my husband to make Last will now, I think Last will is much easier to make. Thank you so much ❤️

18 hours ago, Alekezam said:

The main reason for Biometric Waiver is COVID restrictions, if restrictions get easier in Texas then that's why require biometrics , other reasons could be , if IO having a hard time to pull your previous biometrics , technical glitches ..etc .   

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

We still have some time , before we apply for ROC. Do we need to submit the paperwork from the time our AOS application was accepted? or from the time Green Card was approved to the time of ROC application?

In our case. Our application was accepted in April 2020. GC was approved in Jan 2021.

So, Paperwork from May 2021 to Oct 2022 or Jan 2021 to Oct 2022?

Thanks for your help.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Regdkp said:

We still have some time , before we apply for ROC. Do we need to submit the paperwork from the time our AOS application was accepted? or from the time Green Card was approved to the time of ROC application?

In our case. Our application was accepted in April 2020. GC was approved in Jan 2021.

So, Paperwork from May 2021 to Oct 2022 or Jan 2021 to Oct 2022?

Thanks for your help.

It's 90 days before your GC expires.

Hi! Firstable, I really appreciate anyone who passed by and leaves their comment, advice on this forum. I'm kinda in panic now because I dropped my I-751 package on 11/12 in ups, and my 90 day window opens is 11/13. However, the package is delivered and signed by one of the USCIS Phoenix officer on 11/15. Will they reject me? 

Again thank you so much for your timing and advice! Wishing all the good luck on your application as well.

Timeline
4 hours ago, cal_bear_ said:

Hi! Firstable, I really appreciate anyone who passed by and leaves their comment, advice on this forum. I'm kinda in panic now because I dropped my I-751 package on 11/12 in ups, and my 90 day window opens is 11/13. However, the package is delivered and signed by one of the USCIS Phoenix officer on 11/15. Will they reject me? 

Again thank you so much for your timing and advice! Wishing all the good luck on your application as well.

I noticed that you got your answer to this on the November thread. Good luck to you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.