EandS2019

I-751 September 2021 Filers

1,189 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, cal_bear_ said:

Hi! Firstable, I really appreciate anyone who passed by and leaves their comment, advice on this forum. I'm kinda in panic now because I dropped my I-751 package on 11/12 in ups, and my 90 day window opens is 11/13. However, the package is delivered and signed by one of the USCIS Phoenix officer on 11/15. Will they reject me? 

Again thank you so much for your timing and advice! Wishing all the good luck on your application as well.

it most likely depend on the date you signed your application I believe , most likely will be rejected and you have to apply again . 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
5 minutes ago, johnnyI129F said:

it most likely depend on the date you signed your application I believe , most likely will be rejected and you have to apply again . 

Not true, it is the date USCIS lockbox receives the application not when the applicant signs. The OP is not too early.

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

1 minute ago, da95826 said:

Not true, it is the date USCIS lockbox receives the application not when the applicant signs. The OP is not too early.

Good to know ! so you are allowed to sign the application prior to the open eligibility window ?!! In my understanding the first thing they check signature and date signed ! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, da95826 said:

I recently read of someone whose application was rejected because they mailed it a day early, even though it was received it on the correct day. It always pays to wait a couple of days after your window opens, just in case. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, johnnyI129F said:

Yes !  first thing they check signature and date signed ! in order to accept the application or reject it ! 

I wouldn't be surprised. Did  you just read this somewhere? I wasn't sure of it myself but, knowing how USCIS can be, we were cautious and dated it for the day our window opened.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
Just now, johnnyI129F said:

Yes !  first thing they check signature and date signed ! in order to accept the application or reject it ! 

I don’t think that is true. Unless is signed and sent early. I signed and dated mine almost a month before my window opened. I sent it a week later my window was opened and haven’t had any issues so far. I did it because I travel a lot for work and was gonna be flying domestic and international a lot during those dates. 

2 hours ago, Joyoussinger said:

I wouldn't be surprised. Did  you just read this somewhere? I wasn't sure of it myself but, knowing how USCIS can be, we were cautious and dated it for the day our window opened.

Same here.  I made sure our application and cover letter were dated no sooner than 90 days window.  

I have NOT read of any issues as it relates to I-751 ROC application process. However I have read of one instance where an N-400 Naturalization application was filed online 1 day early (not intentionally- the individual filed it online at midnight local time not realizing USCIS server may be in a different time zone) and the applicant went thru the entire waiting process and was scheduled for interview and at the end of interview was told that their N-400 application would be denied because it was filed 1 day too early.  I am of the opinion to.always wait a few days after your 90 days window to open before submitting application.  

On 11/15/2021 at 8:09 PM, Regdkp said:

We still have some time , before we apply for ROC. Do we need to submit the paperwork from the time our AOS application was accepted? or from the time Green Card was approved to the time of ROC application?

In our case. Our application was accepted in April 2020. GC was approved in Jan 2021.

So, Paperwork from May 2021 to Oct 2022 or Jan 2021 to Oct 2022?

Thanks for your help.

Neither. Your dates tell you that your renewal filing date for ROC is November 2022. So whatever happened in between Jan 2021 to Nov 2022. BUT, don't worry much about it because if your marriage is valid, your documents are live and up to date. Uscis wants to know bona-fide marriage, not paperwork timelines.

Good luck 👍 

Timeline
On 11/15/2021 at 8:09 PM, Regdkp said:

We still have some time , before we apply for ROC. Do we need to submit the paperwork from the time our AOS application was accepted? or from the time Green Card was approved to the time of ROC application?

In our case. Our application was accepted in April 2020. GC was approved in Jan 2021.

So, Paperwork from May 2021 to Oct 2022 or Jan 2021 to Oct 2022?

Thanks for your help.

@Southern_Belle07 seems to understand your question better than I did. I thought the you asking about the date to file your application. Sorry about that! Actually, according to USCIS instructions, they want to see paperwork from the time of the beginning of the marriage. It does seem redundant, because the first few months were included in the AOS package, but we chose to not take any chances and include those first few months with our ROC package anyway. It didn't make our package that much bigger and is worth the peace of mind. USCIS wants to see, not only current paperwork, but evidence of financial comingling that's been active for the entire time. 

I asked an immigration Attorney last night regarding if it okay to sign immigration petition prior to the open 90 day window and submit / send petition after the 90 window opened ?

Answer  

They count on the signature not when they got it or the post date. 

Also said We never sign or send any petition prior to the open 90 window , in our immigration office even if the package  is ready , we wait till day 93 for signature and send . 

Its also important to sign the petition in the open 90 window when you are CPR ( Conditional Permanent Resident) not LPR  yet . 

If you receive RFE for any petition that the only time you sign earlier than the RFE deadline . 

likelihood of I-751 signed prior to the open window , it really depend on the Immigration officer decision , IO can ask for new signature on the interview day if leaning toward accepting the petition . Or deny it .. It all depends on the IO . 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, johnnyI129F said:

I asked an immigration Attorney last night regarding if it okay to sign immigration petition prior to the open 90 day window and submit / send petition after the 90 window opened ?

Answer  

Also said We never sign or send any petition prior to the open 90 window , in our immigration office even if the package  is ready , we wait till day 93 for signature and send . 

Its also important to sign the petition in the open 90 window when you are CPR ( Conditional Permanent Resident) not LPR  yet . 

If you receive RFE for any petition that the only time you sign earlier than the RFE deadline . 

likelihood of I-751 signed prior to the open window , it really depend on the Immigration officer decision , IO can ask for new signature on the interview day if leaning toward accepting the petition . Or deny it .. It all depends on the IO . 

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to ask the attorney this question! 

19 minutes ago, Joyoussinger said:

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to ask the attorney this question! 

Of course it does not make sense... you sign the form when want. You prepare the form in advance and sign it before the 90 days window if you are going to submit it at the start of that window. If you fill the form in the 90 days windows then yes, the signature is going to be right then.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
58 minutes ago, johnnyI129F said:

Answer  

Oh well, if they’re denying or refusing it  they better hurry up 🤣 I have a job offer with my current company in Malaysia that is now looking more promising than ever 🤣.  What I find interesting is why they would waive biometrics,send me an extension letter…etc to later on tell me it’s been denied probably zillion years later after filling. I will keep an eye on my mail just in case. Sadly, I’ve been checking other platforms like Lawfully and Nebraska doesn’t look that promising as it looks here :(  

11 minutes ago, Eric&Mirella said:

Oh well, if they’re denying or refusing it  they better hurry up 🤣 I have a job offer with my current company in Malaysia that is now looking more promising than ever 🤣.  What I find interesting is why they would waive biometrics,send me an extension letter…etc to later on tell me it’s been denied probably zillion years later after filling. I will keep an eye on my mail just in case. Sadly, I’ve been checking other platforms like Lawfully and Nebraska doesn’t look that promising as it looks here :(  

Hope all goes well for you , yea Nebraska too lengthy in process , correct ? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.