Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have a question about crossing the border to US. We are planning to cross the border

soon, but we are thinking of going through the border and activate my visa and visit  family quickly and

then come back to pack up and make the move. The thing is I am PR in Canada, and the

big question lingering on my mind is would they allow me to enter back in Canada? I know

Canadian citizens can do this technically, but they would lose the provincial healthcare.

How about PR holders? Does anyone here have any previous experience doing this?

Thank so much in advance. I would greatly appreciate any input.

11 minutes ago, Mintaftertaste said:

Anyone has their medical with Dr. Ian Zatzman in Vaughan recently.

Did they ask for passport photos

and

did they electronically email the medical package directly to the embassy

or do we have to pick it up after its created?

They take your photo, and they will send it electronically after one week or less. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am second guessing our booking of the medical exam.

I called the number from the website that lists the company as Medisys Corporate Health, but they said they moved from Sherbrooke Street and gave me an address at Maisonneuve Blvd. the confirmation email says for Telus Healthcare, not Medisys. The appointment is with Dr. Llana Galperin. 

Has anyone done their medical in montreal lately? Does our appointment information sound correct to you?

kelley 

Timeline
8 hours ago, TEXbound said:

I am second guessing our booking of the medical exam.

I called the number from the website that lists the company as Medisys Corporate Health, but they said they moved from Sherbrooke Street and gave me an address at Maisonneuve Blvd. the confirmation email says for Telus Healthcare, not Medisys. The appointment is with Dr. Llana Galperin. 

Has anyone done their medical in montreal lately? Does our appointment information sound correct to you?

kelley 

I did mine last week, it indeed change to Telus Health.

It's in the KPMG building, which is surrounded by construction. Really hard to get it, you need to go in by the door from the inner courtyard. It took me 4 hours, and as of Sept 29, the x-rays are done all the way across town at their other clinic on du Boisé! 

Good luck, it was a really long wait to get everything done for me. But at least I got my x-rays done there.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, annierob said:

I did mine last week, it indeed change to Telus Health.

It's in the KPMG building, which is surrounded by construction. Really hard to get it, you need to go in by the door from the inner courtyard. It took me 4 hours, and as of Sept 29, the x-rays are done all the way across town at their other clinic on du Boisé! 

Good luck, it was a really long wait to get everything done for me. But at least I got my x-rays done there.

Oh my goodness gracious! What a disaster. Our medical is on September 29. Does that mean we are the first to do x rays across town??

Timeline
3 minutes ago, TEXbound said:

Oh my goodness gracious! What a disaster. Our medical is on September 29. Does that mean we are the first to do x rays across town??

Oh my, it's actually Sept 20. You should have gotten a confirmation email with the details, check your junk.

These are the details from the email:

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 8.52.08 AM.png

Timeline
7 minutes ago, annierob said:

Oh my, it's actually Sept 20. You should have gotten a confirmation email with the details, check your junk.

These are the details from the email:

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 8.52.08 AM.png

Ahhh okay. Thanks so much for the response. 💕

Timeline
On 9/20/2021 at 11:57 PM, Mat&Michelle said:

Hi i have a quick question, if anyone could help it would be appreciated. 

I already confirmed my appointment for my interview that's on October 25th, but since we will be moving to a new address once in the states i wanted to change my address for where i would receive my green card. Since, the old one i entered on the ceac website when they ask you if it was the same as the petitioner and you check yes so you have it mail to your petitioner address. Well, i can't change it now on the site since my case is in Montreal now. 

So my question is where do i go to make the change prior to the interview? Or do i have to call the consulate or NVC or Usics to make the change? Or just mention it to the person when I'm being interviewed?

Thanks and congratulations to everyone getting their IL and getting their cards :)

Mention the change of address during the interview to the CO.

Things change over the one year wait to the interview. COs understand that’s The DS-260 is to be updated during the interview.

Timeline
16 hours ago, Magnolian said:

Hi all,

I have a question about crossing the border to US. We are planning to cross the border

soon, but we are thinking of going through the border and activate my visa and visit  family quickly and

then come back to pack up and make the move. The thing is I am PR in Canada, and the

big question lingering on my mind is would they allow me to enter back in Canada? I know

Canadian citizens can do this technically, but they would lose the provincial healthcare.

How about PR holders? Does anyone here have any previous experience doing this?

Thank so much in advance. I would greatly appreciate any input.

No previous experience, as I am yet to interview, but as a PR I can tell you - no issues in returning to Canada so long as you have met the residency obligation (been physically present in Canada for 730 days in the past 5 years). Carry your PR card with you, but technically you would be allowed to cross the border even without it, because CBSA can check your records based on another document such as you landing papers/ passport. 

Note - you would lose your provincial healthcare in Canada just as a Canadian citizen would upon activating your green card. 

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
14 hours ago, Sunshine022 said:

I know this has been asked many times but I want to make sure, all police clearance are valid up to TWO YEARS right? Did anyone went to their interview with an expired (1 year expiration) clearance? Thank you.

Yes valid for 2 years and people have submitted 1 year old police certificates before.

Timeline
On 8/24/2021 at 1:36 PM, Hawk Riders said:

@PHM, were you approved yesterday?

Hello!!  Went for my interview on 23 August in Montreal but was not successful at that time.  My husband was still with me in Canada so he left shortly after for the US to set up our domicile.  I also had to have another I-864 Support which I was able to secure this past month.  I uploaded everything that was required of me for my interview and was thankfully approved this morning!!!!  They indicated that they would send my passport with the Visa within 5 days.  I was so stressed after the interview but it has all worked out Thank God!  We sold our house here in Canada and I should be joining my husband by early November.  I even shipped my three dogs weeks ago.  Sorry I took so long to update as I was going crazy this past month! 

Timeline
6 hours ago, PHM said:

Hello!!  Went for my interview on 23 August in Montreal but was not successful at that time.  My husband was still with me in Canada so he left shortly after for the US to set up our domicile.  I also had to have another I-864 Support which I was able to secure this past month.  I uploaded everything that was required of me for my interview and was thankfully approved this morning!!!!  They indicated that they would send my passport with the Visa within 5 days.  I was so stressed after the interview but it has all worked out Thank God!  We sold our house here in Canada and I should be joining my husband by early November.  I even shipped my three dogs weeks ago.  Sorry I took so long to update as I was going crazy this past month! 

Sorry, it took so long to get your approval. I can’t imagine being in that position. But so glad you got approved in the end. Congratulations and wish you a safe and happy crossing!

Timeline
1 hour ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Sorry, it took so long to get your approval. I can’t imagine being in that position. But so glad you got approved in the end. Congratulations and wish you a safe and happy crossing!

Congratulations! If you don’t mind me asking, why wasn’t it successful? I’m nervous about this. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.