Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 minutes ago, YYZ&MIA said:

Received an IL for October 28! I was one of the people that had to reschedule and have been waiting for a new date since May. I am so shocked as I was sure they had October all filled. Best things do come unexpectedly 😉

Oh my. You have been waiting since May? Does it take that long to reschedule?

I would have thought they would have accommodated you in the July batch.

Why did you have to reschedule if I may ask?

Also, congratulations!

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
17 minutes ago, YYZ&MIA said:

Received an IL for October 28! I was one of the people that had to reschedule and have been waiting for a new date since May. I am so shocked as I was sure they had October all filled. Best things do come unexpectedly 😉

That is awesome news! Congratulations and all the best!

Mel

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Does anyone know about F2A category getting IL? What DQ they are on?

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline
3 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Oh my. You have been waiting since May? Does it take that long to reschedule?

I would have thought they would have accommodated you in the July batch.

Why did you have to reschedule if I may ask?

Also, congratulations!

Yup, since May! 5 months waiting. I was in Poland when I got my IL and the limited flights and restrictions and mandatory quarantine at the time made it impossible. On that note, I am still in Poland, fully vaccinated and I know restrictions have eased and the 14 quarantine is no longer needed but I believe I read that the consulate asks if you have been outside Canada in the past 14 days and if you have, they dont let you in. Same with the doctors where you go for your medical. Can someone confirm if that is still the case

Timeline
31 minutes ago, YYZ&MIA said:

Yup, since May! 5 months waiting. I was in Poland when I got my IL and the limited flights and restrictions and mandatory quarantine at the time made it impossible. On that note, I am still in Poland, fully vaccinated and I know restrictions have eased and the 14 quarantine is no longer needed but I believe I read that the consulate asks if you have been outside Canada in the past 14 days and if you have, they dont let you in. Same with the doctors where you go for your medical. Can someone confirm if that is still the case

I would like to know the answer to this too. Are fully vaccinated visa applicants attending their interview allowed in if they've travelled in the past 14 days?

Timeline
58 minutes ago, YYZ&MIA said:

On that note, I am still in Poland, fully vaccinated and I know restrictions have eased and the 14 quarantine is no longer needed but I believe I read that the consulate asks if you have been outside Canada in the past 14 days and if you have, they dont let you in. Same with the doctors where you go for your medical. Can someone confirm if that is still the case

26 minutes ago, rainbow-skies said:

I would like to know the answer to this too. Are fully vaccinated visa applicants attending their interview allowed in if they've travelled in the past 14 days?

I remember someone asked the consulate this question in the past couple of months (was it @Kai G. Llewellyn), and they confirmed that they would follow the same policy as CBSA. As in, if you are fully vaccinated, you don't need to quarantine and can enter the premises of the consulate and attend the interview.

Last week someone confirmed with a panel physician about the same thing, and at least one panel physician confirmed that so long as they are fully vaccinated, no issues in attend the medical even if you only just crossed the border.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline

Does the day of the week matter for doing a POE crossing/visa activation? My spouse and I are talking about a quick cross to activate (and start the ball rolling on getting the social security card and green card sent) and return to Canada so that he can finish out his job before moving here, but getting away during the week to do it is going to be difficult. If he went on a Saturday, would there be officers available or would it be a longer wait?

It looks good that our interview will be in November, so we're planning ahead.

just a quick question for those who have already been interviewed- did you bring original birth certificate for both you and your spouse (beneficiary and pettitoner)

because it says

• Your original birth certificate and that of your petitioner if applicable, English translation, and a photocopy.

I'm confused... 

Timeline
57 minutes ago, Mintaftertaste said:

just a quick question for those who have already been interviewed- did you bring original birth certificate for both you and your spouse (beneficiary and pettitoner)

because it says

• Your original birth certificate and that of your petitioner if applicable, English translation, and a photocopy.

I'm confused... 

This was a big issue for me too but it should read: “Your original birth certificate and a photocopy of that of your petitioner with English translation if necessary.”

I brought photo copies of my own stuff and photocopies of my wife’s stuff and was never asked for either, but it’s not a reasonable request for a foreign consulate to request an original document of a US Citizen without them present, and they are not permitted in the consulate for spousal interviews.

9 hours ago, rainbow-skies said:

At my interview (Sept 13), they did ask if you’ve travelled outside Canada within the last 14 days, I hadn’t so I said no but to clarify the official questioning rn “Have you travelled outside Canada AND been advised to quarantine.” I looked into this for my wife bc she’s coming on a 72 hour turn around and some PCR testing facilities had to legally change their forms to accommodate this verbiage.

People who are double vaccinated and provide a negative PCR COVID-19 test will not be advised to quarantine so this should not apply. If they shorten the questioning to “Have you travelled outside Canada in the past 14 days”, since some people cut it off there, you can answer “Yes, but I was not advised to quarantine and have a copy my vaccination certificate with me.” You can also likely double up by providing a negative PCR test to the security at the consulate, but it’s best to send the consulate an email to confirm that it’s necessary. Since it’s not for travel, you’ll be able to get your PCR test covered/free so maybe do it anyways. Personally, I have waited so long I’m not taking any chances for anything at any corner and I’d rather be immensely over prepared than under prepared and get turned away or put into AP. 

Montreal DOES require proof of vaccination for most public functions rn so you should always have it in your wallet, but keep a copy with your immigration stuff as well!

Edited by aurmorr

IR1 - DQ Oct 16 2020

---

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet 
(follow instructions at the top of the page and DM @Hawk Riders to be added)

Timeline

Hi i have a quick question, if anyone could help it would be appreciated. 

I already confirmed my appointment for my interview that's on October 25th, but since we will be moving to a new address once in the states i wanted to change my address for where i would receive my green card. Since, the old one i entered on the ceac website when they ask you if it was the same as the petitioner and you check yes so you have it mail to your petitioner address. Well, i can't change it now on the site since my case is in Montreal now. 

So my question is where do i go to make the change prior to the interview? Or do i have to call the consulate or NVC or Usics to make the change? Or just mention it to the person when I'm being interviewed?

Thanks and congratulations to everyone getting their IL and getting their cards :)

Timeline
11 hours ago, rainbow-skies said:

Does anyone know if we are supposed to receive additional correspondence/email for the interview ?

I have received only an email from donotreply@usvisa-info.com stating the following: 

You have successfully registered your immigrant visa appointment on this website.

You must print this instruction page and bring it with you, along with the appointment letter/email, to the Consular interview.  

You must attend your consular interview at the date and time assigned to you in your appointment letter/email.

Before traveling to your consular appointment, please check the Department of State Visa Bulletin to confirm that your priority date is still current. If it is not, you will need to reschedule your appointment when the priority date becomes current to continue your case processing. This does not apply for K visas (Fiancé(e)/Spouse/Child), Boarding Foils and Returning Residents (SB1).

Then it has the interview date and time.  

The part that confuses me is the line I made in red text, as I have only received this one email.

Thanks in advance.

Mel

I think the appointment letter is the email sent by the NVC informing you that your interview was scheduled, with the date and time.

Timeline
4 hours ago, HD_BIRDS said:

I think the appointment letter is the email sent by the NVC informing you that your interview was scheduled, with the date and time.

We didnt get an IL from NVC.  Only from the usvisa-info.com email - this confirmed the scheduled date and time.  Can anyone confirm that expedited cases maybe dont get emails from NVC?

Timeline
1 hour ago, rainbow-skies said:

We didnt get an IL from NVC.  Only from the usvisa-info.com email - this confirmed the scheduled date and time.  Can anyone confirm that expedited cases maybe dont get emails from NVC?

I got my IL yesterday and I got two emails from donotreply@usvisa-info.com 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.