Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Riversong said:

I am hoping sometime today we get our IL's
Everyday that passes with no letters is more depressing than the last.

My wife just got done pulling me out of a week long depression over Facebook. Going back and forth supporting each other. I ended up having 5 shots of whisky and going to bed at 8. I wish the consolate read these posts and saw what people are going through with no communication. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, DMV said:

The only pattern I've noticed in the past 6 months of ILs is that it usually comes out on Fridays. Do you guys know what time the letters are sent out? I'm guessing it's some time in the afternoon.

The last few times were in the morning (Eastern) around 10-11. Since now we know getting IL’s at all is in question I don’t think you’ll get much insight by looking into patterns in time of day Friday.

Edited by NimF

Timeline

I am trying to figure out whether and how the news of Quebec moving into yellow and green zone will affect Montreal Consulate and increase in interview slots"

Here are the official legislation related to the three levels of restrictions:

Level 1: Green Zone: https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/health-issues/a-z/2019-coronavirus/progressive-regional-alert-and-intervention-system/level-1-vigilance-green

Level 2: Yellow Zone: https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/health-issues/a-z/2019-coronavirus/progressive-regional-alert-and-intervention-system/level-2-early-warning-yellow

Level 3. Orange Zone: https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/health-issues/a-z/2019-coronavirus/progressive-regional-alert-and-intervention-system/level-3-alert-orange

The consulate has said (in the video) , "as restrictions on in-office staff and groups ease, we will adjust accordingly."

1. The consulate is in Montreal, which is currently in the orange zone. It will move to yellow zone on June 14 and those restrictions will apply then. There is no news yet of Montreal moving to green zone.

2. In-office staff - I am guessing the section in the legislation that applies here is the "Teleworking." In orange zone, all personnel MUST work remotely except for those staff whose presence is essential at the office. In yellow zone, this changes to "teleworking is RECOMMENDED for all employees." This remains the same in the green zone.

3. In-office Groups - I couldn't identify what section governs this. It could be "Businesses, Stores and Boutiques" but I am not sure, as it appears to be more related to commercial establishments. In any case, there is no difference on the restrictions here between orange and yellow zone. On the other hand, there is a section "Activities Organised in a Public Place" which appears only in the green zone that limits groups in indoor public spaces to 25, which to me sounds to be the most applicable.

Conclusions:

1. In-office staff restrictions will ease as Montreal moves into yellow zone. But it is still recommended that staff work remotely. So it's up to the consulate to decide if they will bring back more people into the office. If they do, and require people in person in the office to review files and not remotely, then it would help speed up some reviews and processing, and allow more staff to be there to conduct interviews.

2. What is more critical for interviews, I think, is the In-Office Groups restrictions. This appear to not change as Montreal moves to yellow zone. We will have to wait until Montreal moves to green zone. 

Timeline
31 minutes ago, NimF said:

The last few times were in the morning (Eastern) around 10-11. Since now we know getting IL’s at all is in question I don’t think you’ll get much insight by looking into patterns in time of day Friday.

Unfortunately, I think we are trying to look at pattern where there are none. If we have not received IL by Monday, I'll start thinking it will be for August.

Timeline
1 hour ago, DMV said:

The only pattern I've noticed in the past 6 months of ILs is that it usually comes out on Fridays. Do you guys know what time the letters are sent out? I'm guessing it's some time in the afternoon.

I received my interview letter December 2020 on a Friday and it arrived at 4:21 AM EST

Edited by Tofu
Adding details

53 minutes ago, DMV said:

I'm starting to doubt that there will be any letters sent out this month

I have to wonder how the consulate is spending the entire month and half without interviews. There is no signs of ILs for K1 either, so what have they been doing for all these days? They say there are not many cases under Tier 1, and spousal and K1 are the next highest priority categories... and none of us is getting ILs. 

There is no accountability there. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Shumai84 said:

I have to wonder how the consulate is spending the entire month and half without interviews. There is no signs of ILs for K1 either, so what have they been doing for all these days? They say there are not many cases under Tier 1, and spousal and K1 are the next highest priority categories... and none of us is getting ILs. 

Citizen services (passports, CRBA) and extended vacations of staff if I had to guess

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Shumai84 said:

I am not understanding your confusion.

I thought you have been saying that K1s are being interviewed in June and July. (I haven't checked myself, but going by your previous posts.) If they have issued ILs for K1 all the way to July end, wouldn't the next round only be expected in July for K1s?

Besides that:

1. The consulate made it clear that the majority of the time is spent on consular services for US citizens in the Montreal area.

2. You are forgetting parents and children (unaccompanied by spouses) of US Citizens who are also in Tier 2 along with spouses and K1s. Guessing these are fewer, but still exist and are ongoing.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Shumai84 said:

From my understanding of the videos, they're working on interviewing family preference categories that were originally cancelled back in March/April 2020. The tiers provide guidance but they don't mean that all of tier 2 has to be done before they can move on to tier 3. Also, this is just a theory, but with the US reopening, I wouldn't be surprised if there are a lot of dual citizens who decided to wait out the pandemic in Canada who now want to return to the US and need passports/CRBA, increasing how much time the consulate needs to spend on US citizen services. 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.