Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, aurmorr said:

This post should give you the opposite of hope lol this is their way of telling us to shut up and stop whining. 

The good news is that we are actually starting to apply enough pressure that they actually respond. Please (removed) like comments that are there if you don't want to post. 

Also I got my letter from the RCMP today with my new certificate. It took 15 days :)

So Rory is actually able to confirm with NVC that it is the Montreal consulate not opening up the appointment slots for CR1/IR1 to schedule interviews. 

Seriously, the Montreal consulate needs to interview at least SOME of CR1/IR1, otherwise, you are failing on the mission that you set yourself!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Shumai84 said:

So Rory is actually able to confirm with NVC that it is the Montreal consulate not opening up the appointment slots for CR1/IR1 to schedule interviews. 

Seriously, the Montreal consulate needs to interview at least SOME of CR1/IR1, otherwise, you are failing on the mission that you set yourself!!

Pretty much! The backlog for IL's was about 215-235 days. We're probably looking at 30 extra days soo that takes it up to 245-265 day wait, going by our data that puts the Consulate back to the level of backlog that was in Jan if I recall correctly. The consulate literally has undone 3 months of backlog reduction by skipping over a month. -sigh- Also given the fact that many of us September DQ's should've gotten our IL's in April if the Consulate kept the numbers up...having to wait yet another month is pretty painful. v.v

Edited by Kai (CanadaDude)

Became Canadian PR: 11/11/2017

I-130 NOA1: 04/06/2020

I-130 NOA2: 08/11/2020

NVC IV Package Sent: 09/10/2020

NVC DQ: 09/23/2020

Applied for Canadian Citizenship: 06/24/2021

IV Interview @ MTL: 08/04/2021

POE: 08/09/2021

GC in hand: 12/24/2021

Became Canadian Citizen: 06/21/2022

I-751 Submitted: 06/08/2023

I-751 Approved: 04/27/2024

10Y GC Received: 05/11/2024

N-400 Submitted: 05/15/2024

My guide on Importing a Canadian Vehicle into the US using a Registered Importer: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/importing-dot-non-compliant-canadian-vehicles-into-the-united-states-with-a-registered-importer-r135/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Kai (CanadaDude) said:

Pretty much! The backlog for IL's was about 215-235 days. We're probably looking at 30 extra days soo that takes it up to 245-265 day wait, going by our data that puts the Consulate back to the level of backlog that was in Jan if I recall correctly. The consulate literally has undone 3 months of backlog reduction by skipping over a month. -sigh- Also given the fact that many of us September DQ's should've gotten our IL's in April if the Consulate kept the numbers up...having to wait yet another month is pretty painful. v.v

Yup. I basically said the same on their FB page. This is just such crappy news. The backlog is just going to double in size because they're ignoring the LARGEST group of visas.

8 minutes ago, Kai (CanadaDude) said:

I was in the May interview batch, I still waited 253 days. 

We all should post messages and likes in FB and Twitter on the Montreal Consulate account. 

It's clear that their public relation team is checking and reading the messages. 

At the end of the day, they are public servants and there must be a reason why they chose that career. 

There are American citizens and their spouses desperately needing their support, and we should deliver that message. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Shumai84 said:

We all should post messages and likes in FB and Twitter on the Montreal Consulate account. 

It's clear that their public relation team is checking and reading the messages. 

At the end of the day, they are public servants and there must be a reason why they chose that career. 

There are American citizens and their spouses desperately needing their support, and we should deliver that message. 

Yeah, couldn't hurt to keep up the pressure to be honest, best way to get things done in the public sector. I did tweet at them, but I don't have Facebook (absolutely despise that site lol).

Became Canadian PR: 11/11/2017

I-130 NOA1: 04/06/2020

I-130 NOA2: 08/11/2020

NVC IV Package Sent: 09/10/2020

NVC DQ: 09/23/2020

Applied for Canadian Citizenship: 06/24/2021

IV Interview @ MTL: 08/04/2021

POE: 08/09/2021

GC in hand: 12/24/2021

Became Canadian Citizen: 06/21/2022

I-751 Submitted: 06/08/2023

I-751 Approved: 04/27/2024

10Y GC Received: 05/11/2024

N-400 Submitted: 05/15/2024

My guide on Importing a Canadian Vehicle into the US using a Registered Importer: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/importing-dot-non-compliant-canadian-vehicles-into-the-united-states-with-a-registered-importer-r135/

43 minutes ago, Shumai84 said:

How did he find that out?? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Riversong said:

Yup. I basically said the same on their FB page. This is just such crappy news. The backlog is just going to double in size because they're ignoring the LARGEST group of visas.

And, for the most part, the EASIEST category to move? Like those of us who don't have kids, past marriages, or a criminal record, which I think is most of us, the interviews are 15 minutes or less. 

43 minutes ago, Shumai84 said:

I feel bad for their social media coordinator bc it's not their fault that the consulate is being the way it is, but social media is our only way to get any attention. I'm sure the social media coordinator literally can't post or reply to any of us without permission, but I hope if we continue to be aggressive with engaging with their social media and commenting, at least the coordinator will be seeing our stuff and hopefully passing it along

36 minutes ago, Kai (CanadaDude) said:

Yeah, couldn't hurt to keep up the pressure to be honest, best way to get things done in the public sector. I did tweet at them, but I don't have Facebook (absolutely despise that site lol).

I've tweeted them too- several times. Nothing. And I don't expect a response, I just want their coordinator to get the waves of these comments and have to show them to her superiors. 

IR1 - DQ Oct 16 2020

---

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet 
(follow instructions at the top of the page and DM @Hawk Riders to be added)

Timeline
1 hour ago, Shumai84 said:

Do you mean it’s been 100% confirmed? I’m confused by your wording. Sorry I’m so anxious that if there is any confirmation that there definitely is no June interviews I’d like to know.

1 hour ago, aurmorr said:

15 calendar days yes, so I was including the weekend. So it seems that they're doing okay at the RCMP for their stuff! 

Hiii! If you don't mind me asking what part of Canada are you in? I went to the RCMP in Vancouver today to get a new record and they said It'll take about 4 weeks :( I really hope they didn't give me an accurate time frame and it will be 15 days like yours. I'm not proud of myself for leaving this to the last minute. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, chanel167 said:

Hiii! If you don't mind me asking what part of Canada are you in? I went to the RCMP in Vancouver today to get a new record and they said It'll take about 4 weeks :( I really hope they didn't give me an accurate time frame and it will be 15 days like yours. I'm not proud of myself for leaving this to the last minute. 

Fingers crossed for you that you get it sooner than 4 weeks....I go next Thursday for mine. Can't do walk-ins and this is the soonest I could get :(

Timeline
15 minutes ago, chanel167 said:

I’m in Calgary and got it back in like 10 days! I hope you get it back sooner then 4 weeks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.