Cl&Ha

Meeting only once before filing the i-129f (merged)

59 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Suze1 said:

Though he also says she can stay till the interview...

Which says to me she might give up her job...and will have negligible ties to her home country at POE, and would have a US FIANCE  at that point too. As we  know, that raises her perceived risk of even getting in the country on that second visit.

Given the maximum stay of a B2 visa is typically 6 months,  and given normal K-1 timelines it appears the beneficiary is planning on an over stay.  CBP isn’t stupid and will sniff this out a mile away.  

And so, as per VJ’s terms of service, as they say on Shark Tank, I am out.  

@Mike E

Right behind ya...WE TRIED! lol

Cue the crickets!

Cheers.

Edited by Suze1

Profile pic - Rainbow Tower of the Hilton Hawaiian Village - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii.

Why this for the profile pic?  Often in movies and on TV when they show Hawaii they show this beach/view. So, instead of doing Kauai or some other locale, we decided to do here, so that whenever some show shows Hawaii and this view, we will see where we were married.

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

2012 - US Tourist Visa, Manila, Philippines

2012 - First Night spent in the US - Waikiki Beach, Honolulu

2016 - Wedding on the beach, Honolulu, Hawaii

2016 - Honeymoon at the hotel in this photo, Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

They were filming a scene of Hawaii Five-O in the suite above ours during our Honeymoon stay! Actors everywhere!

Spouse hung out here with celebrities from the movie The Fifth Element back when he moved to Hawaii

2016 - US Spousal Visa, via DCF, Manila, Philippines

PETITIONER (from NYC)

1999 - Got a place right down the street from this hotel - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

2007 - Visited Philippines on vacation

2008 - Got a condo in Makati, PH

2012 - Considered for a role on the TV show, The Last Resort, shot out of Hawaii

SUMMARY TIMELINE

06/2011 - Met Spouse in Makati, Philippines

01/2012 - B1/B2 Tourist Visa, Manila, Philippines

10/2016 - Married in Hawaii

11/2016 - Filed for Spousal Visa DCF, in Manila, Philippines

12/2016 - POE, CR-1 Status Received

10/2018 - ROC I-751 Received by USCIS

10/2019 - Filed for Citizenship, N-400

03/2020 - Citizenship Ceremony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

This thread makes me anxious all over again. 😕 There is no possible way that we can have more than one meeting before the interview at this point. There were plans for another visit and a flight booked, but it was cancelled because of Covid. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Given the maximum stay of a B2 visa is typically 6 months,  and given normal K-1 timelines it appears the beneficiary is planning on an over stay.  CBP isn’t stupid and will sniff this out a mile away.  

from what i read the she is a USC and does not have to have a B2 visa for Tunisia 

to OP you are both of a good age for even this hard embassy

you are within the age group to have children- a plus for this embassy

and she plans to come again for a new visit 

and has met your family and you have their approval-another important issue

incha yessir

Yes, times are very hard right now.

Stay connected, let us know what you do, and what happens.

Your circumstances might make it work out just fine.

Edited by Suze1

Profile pic - Rainbow Tower of the Hilton Hawaiian Village - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii.

Why this for the profile pic?  Often in movies and on TV when they show Hawaii they show this beach/view. So, instead of doing Kauai or some other locale, we decided to do here, so that whenever some show shows Hawaii and this view, we will see where we were married.

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

They were filming a scene of Hawaii Five-O in the suite above ours during our Honeymoon stay! Actors everywhere!

Spouse hung out here with celebrities from the movie The Fifth Element back when he moved to Hawaii

PETITIONER (from NYC)

1999 - Got a place right down the street from this hotel - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

2012 - Considered for a role on the TV show, The Last Resort, shot out of Hawaii

SUMMARY TIMELINE

4 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

from what i read the she is a USC and does not have to have a B2 visa for Tunisia

Say WHAAAAT!

You confusing posts here?

@Mike E

And just like that, "They pull us back in..."

lol

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

PETITIONER (from NYC)

SUMMARY TIMELINE

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Hi there! I would recommend to file now because during covid it's hard to see often, and they understand it. Your petition will take time to be approved so I would file a lot of evidence like plane tickets, photos, some call logs and I am sure it will help as long as your relationship is real. During waiting we can meet again and later on interview you will show or if they ask, that you met again! Don't wait long because time waiting is so long now. Don't listen much who whatever say follow your heart and all requires you fulfilled, you met once during last 2 years, the only thing you need to know each other as longer as better, so I would file and read again info on official website of USA consulate or here in threads!  Good luck! 🌺

2 hours ago, Cl&Ha said:

Me (27M) and my fiancé (22F)  met on reddit April 2020 and were  on a long distance relationship talking / video calling daily  . due to covid delays, she was  able to visit last month for 2 weeks which we spent entirely together and in which we got engaged in the presence of her mother and my family . my question is , is it risky to file the i-129f after only meeting once even if we can prove that we talked daily for more than a year online and that it is a serious relationship since both our families are involved... we are not meeting again until between October/Christmas again cuz covid hit hard financially ... any help would be much appreciated 

I arrived with K1 and we only met once.

We were only together for one week. CO asked about it during the interview and told him that we can't get more time off from work and that's good.

No RFE, no issues. We have a 10-year age gap.

We filed in December 2008 and got my visa in May 2009.

If you guys have genuine relationship, it should not be a problem to do the K1. Just make sure you get quality evidences along the way. It's also good that there's a second meeting scheduled for you guys so hopefully, by the time of the interview, you have two meetings within 2 months.

Hope this helps :)

New Petition:

Apr 5,  2023: Naturalization

Apr 6, 2023: I-130 for my mother

Apr 6, 2023: NOA1

Apr 9, 2024: Approved

Apr 13, 2024: Sent to NVC

Apr 18, 2024: Received email fr NVC and paid the AOS/IV fee

Apr 23, 2024: CEAC website shows "Paid"

Apr 25, 2024: Uploaded Civil and Financial documents

May 1, 2024: Documents accepted except for marriage certificate (unreadable) and death certificate (wrong file)

43 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

to OP you are both of a good age for even this hard embassy

you are within the age group to have children- a plus for this embassy

and she plans to come again for a new visit 

and has met your family and you have their approval-another important issue

incha yessir

Same here.  I have no idea where the others got the idea that the Tunisian citizen had been to the US......??   Maybe I'm missing something entirely, but nowhere was a B2 referenced.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mike E said:

1 hour ago, Suze1 said:

@Mike E

Right behind ya...WE TRIED! lol

Cue the crickets!

Cheers.

Appears to me that OP is the beneficiary not the USC. So nobody will sniff anything when the USC plans on staying in Tunisia and be there for the beneficiaries interview 😉 that's actually a pretty good idea 

4 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Appears to me that OP is the beneficiary not the USC. So nobody will sniff anything when the USC plans on staying in Tunisia and be there for the beneficiaries interview 😉 that's actually a pretty good idea 

If that is the case, agreed. Need to know who is who here.

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

PETITIONER (from NYC)

SUMMARY TIMELINE

3 minutes ago, Suze1 said:

If that is the case, agreed. Need to know who is who here.

OP clearly is a Tunisian male.

16 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Same here.  I have no idea where the others got the idea that the Tunisian citizen had been to the US......??   Maybe I'm missing something entirely, but nowhere was a B2 referenced.

Great point! If that is the case, then fantastic!

Just need to confirm who is who,  and not suppose.

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

PETITIONER (from NYC)

SUMMARY TIMELINE

2 hours ago, Cl&Ha said:

Me (27M)

Yes, the poster is male.

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

PETITIONER (from NYC)

SUMMARY TIMELINE

she was  able to visit last month for 2 weeks

@Jeanne Adil  @Jorgedig@Letspaintcookies

Thanks!

So, she, the US citizen female, visited the male Tunisian-national OP...somewhere (does not have to be in Tunisia,  actually,  just because he a Tunisian national, though that might be a reasonable guess, given the "met the folks" statement).

Okay, understood. Under those conditions, it all works. Thanks.

Edited by Suze1

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

PETITIONER (from NYC)

SUMMARY TIMELINE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.