514 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 3/9/2023 at 9:41 AM, Valmabe said:

Hi everyone, quick update. 

Nebraska Service Center

ROC NOA 08-26-21

USCIS update: 03-03-23 New card ordered

Letter received: 03-09-23 ( letter in today’s mail)

I read a while ago that cases sent to Nebraska don’t do interview, well I did not have one

Update 

Card mailed on 03-22-23

®️

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

We filed August 17, 2021. We just got an RFE asking for more evidence. The crazy thing is that the letter states “we have received the following documentation:

bank statements

joint leases

affidavits

tax returns for years 2018-2020

This is not sufficient evidence. 

As further evidence, we need you to submit the following:

bank statements 

joint lease or mortgage

affidavits

tax returns

You may not submit evidence you have already submitted.”

What do I send then?! I’m so confused and calling USCIS didn’t help. 

Anyone have any advice?

14 minutes ago, Blpierce said:

We filed August 17, 2021. We just got an RFE asking for more evidence. The crazy thing is that the letter states “we have received the following documentation:

bank statements

joint leases

affidavits

bank statements 

joint lease or mortgage

affidavits

tax returns

Anyone have any advice?

Its very frustrating… we filed on August 5th and we got an RFE this January…. But ours was different we had to send anything that can prove a bonafide marriage from the date that we filed until present….. we had already sent everything the first time but I guess they want more current proof or maybe they lost our first papers 🫤🙄.

Anyways we sent our response packet about 3 weeks ago and it was basically what you guys sent. 

Im assuming they want the same information but from the date you filed until now like we did. Good luck… we cant wait for this to be over. 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Soli said:

Its very frustrating… we filed on August 5th and we got an RFE this January…. But ours was different we had to send anything that can prove a bonafide marriage from the date that we filed until present….. we had already sent everything the first time but I guess they want more current proof or maybe they lost our first papers 🫤🙄.

Anyways we sent our response packet about 3 weeks ago and it was basically what you guys sent. 

Im assuming they want the same information but from the date you filed until now like we did. Good luck… we cant wait for this to be over. 

Thank you! It feels better to know we are not alone in this. I hope you’re right and they just need us to confirm we’re STILL happily married and nothing has changed. We’ve been through a lot together since this process began - a cancer diagnosis & treatments, buying a house, losing family members…I would hate to see this get denied after all of that. 
Good luck to you too and thanks again! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 4/8/2023 at 2:44 PM, Blpierce said:

bank statements

joint leases

affidavits

bank statements 

joint lease or mortgage

affidavits

tax returns

Anyone have any advice?

Out of curiosity, how much of each did you send? 

Here is basically what I submitted for my Spouse back when we filed. (Straight from the Table of Contents that I had right on top of everything)

I did modify this heavily to leave out names and personal info lol but I also wrote out in CAPS to explain things as well. Hope this gives you some idea on why they could be asking for similar things.

Section 1: Fees & Forms

• Original Money Order & Copy of Money Order

• Original Form G-1145 

• 1x for HER

• 1x for HIM

• Original Form I-751

• Copy of Form I-551 2-Year Conditional Green Card

• 2x Passport Photos

Section 2: Proof of Living Together

• Copy of Her Driver License, Front & Back

• Copy of HerTriple Credit Report (THESE CREDIT REPORTS I FIGURED WOULD BE GREAT AS THEY SHOW YOUR RESIDENCIES PAST AND PRESENT AND HERS MATCHES MINE AS PROOF OF RESIDENCY SO TO SPEAK, OR WELL TO FURTHER SOLIDIFY IT)

• Copy of His Driver License, Front & Back

• Copy of HisTriple Credit Report (THESE CREDIT REPORTS I FIGURED WOULD BE GREAT AS THEY SHOW YOUR RESIDENCIES PAST AND PRESENT AND HERS MATCHES MINE AS PROOF OF RESIDENCY SO TO SPEAK, OR WELL TO FURTHER SOLIDIFY IT)

• Copy of Marriage License & Certificate

• Copy of Rental Lease from 2020 & 2021

• Current Residence: Removed haha

• Original Affidavit from Previous Address 

• Previous Address: Removed haha

• Tax Transcripts for 2019, & 2020 (I THINK I ADDED 2018 AS WELL. MAY HAVE FORGOTTEN TO ADD IT HERE AS I ADDED MY 2018 TAX TRANSCRIPT AS A STARTING POINT SINCE SHE WAS NOT EVEN STATESIDE YET LOL)

• Copies of Stimulus Letters for April 2020, March 2021, & April 2021 (OH YES, I SAVED THESE LETTERS SINCE THEY WERE ADDRESSED TO BOTH OF US AND I USED THEM AS PROOF AS WELL SINCE BOTH OUR NAMES WAS TIED TO THE ADDRESS ON THESE LETTERS AS WELL)

• Copy of 2020 Census (ALTHOUGH THIS DIDN'T REALLY SHOW ANYTHING I DECIDED TO SHOW THE CONFIRMATION NUMBERS OR WHATEVER WAS PROVIDED FOR THAT TIME SO THEY COULD USE IT TO TRACK BACK TO OUR RESIDENCE LOL)

• Health Coverage - 1095-B for 2019 & 2020 (NOT SURE IF THESE HELPED AT ALL WHATSOEVER BUT FIGURED MORE COULDN'T HURT)

Section 3: Proof of Shared Financial Responsibilities

• Copy of Monthly Bank Statement for Joint Checking Account

• March 2020, June 2020, September 2020, December 2020

• March 2021, June 2021, and July 2021

• Car Insurance through Bank

• Car Loan for her car that we were joint on (I made sure I added myself as a joint thinking of her immigration)

• Phone Carrier Phone & Cable Bill (I basically took screenshots of this stuff and made sure it showed the phone carrier, etc)

• His- Primary

• Her- Authorized User

Section 4:  Shared Life Experience Since HER Received 2 Year Conditional Green Card

• Summaries of Pictures in Order of Events by Month/Year with Hard Copies (I LITERALLY WROTE OUT A STORY BOOK AS A TIMELINE OF CERTAIN EVENTS THAT INVOLVED US, AS WELL AS HER AND FAMILY MEMBERS OR ME AND HER FAMILY MEMBERS, ETC..)

Section 5: Plans For The Future

• LIFE INSURANCE INFO THAT SHOWED HER AS MAJORITY

• HER STOCK STATEMENTS WITH HIM AS BENEFICIARY (EVEN IF THEY WERE ZERO OR HAD LESS THAN $20 ON THEM)

• HIS STOCK STATEMENTS WITH HERAS BENEFICIARY (EVEN IF THEY WERE ZERO OR HAD LESS THAN $20 ON THEM)

• 1 month later...

UPDATE!! I submitted my husbands application for ROC on August 6, 2021….

Biometrics was in September 2021….

RFE January of 2023…

RFE response recieved March 13 2023

NEW CARD BEING PRODUCED! As of May 24th 2023!!

ughhh I am so glad this process is over!! Yay we are so excited!! Good luck to everyone!! 

Did anyone of you ever submit a change of address? Are you supposed to receive a written (postal) confirmation? All I received is an email confirmation stating to expect a reply by May 8th, but nothing received so far. I don't know if I will be able to get any info if I call customer service 😐

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 4/9/2023 at 7:14 PM, WFinished said:

Out of curiosity, how much of each did you send? 

Here is basically what I submitted for my Spouse back when we filed. (Straight from the Table of Contents that I had right on top of everything)

I did modify this heavily to leave out names and personal info lol but I also wrote out in CAPS to explain things as well. Hope this gives you some idea on why they could be asking for similar things.

Section 1: Fees & Forms

• Original Money Order & Copy of Money Order

• Original Form G-1145 

• 1x for HER

• 1x for HIM

• Original Form I-751

• Copy of Form I-551 2-Year Conditional Green Card

• 2x Passport Photos

Section 2: Proof of Living Together

• Copy of Her Driver License, Front & Back

• Copy of HerTriple Credit Report (THESE CREDIT REPORTS I FIGURED WOULD BE GREAT AS THEY SHOW YOUR RESIDENCIES PAST AND PRESENT AND HERS MATCHES MINE AS PROOF OF RESIDENCY SO TO SPEAK, OR WELL TO FURTHER SOLIDIFY IT)

• Copy of His Driver License, Front & Back

• Copy of HisTriple Credit Report (THESE CREDIT REPORTS I FIGURED WOULD BE GREAT AS THEY SHOW YOUR RESIDENCIES PAST AND PRESENT AND HERS MATCHES MINE AS PROOF OF RESIDENCY SO TO SPEAK, OR WELL TO FURTHER SOLIDIFY IT)

• Copy of Marriage License & Certificate

• Copy of Rental Lease from 2020 & 2021

• Current Residence: Removed haha

• Original Affidavit from Previous Address 

• Previous Address: Removed haha

• Tax Transcripts for 2019, & 2020 (I THINK I ADDED 2018 AS WELL. MAY HAVE FORGOTTEN TO ADD IT HERE AS I ADDED MY 2018 TAX TRANSCRIPT AS A STARTING POINT SINCE SHE WAS NOT EVEN STATESIDE YET LOL)

• Copies of Stimulus Letters for April 2020, March 2021, & April 2021 (OH YES, I SAVED THESE LETTERS SINCE THEY WERE ADDRESSED TO BOTH OF US AND I USED THEM AS PROOF AS WELL SINCE BOTH OUR NAMES WAS TIED TO THE ADDRESS ON THESE LETTERS AS WELL)

• Copy of 2020 Census (ALTHOUGH THIS DIDN'T REALLY SHOW ANYTHING I DECIDED TO SHOW THE CONFIRMATION NUMBERS OR WHATEVER WAS PROVIDED FOR THAT TIME SO THEY COULD USE IT TO TRACK BACK TO OUR RESIDENCE LOL)

• Health Coverage - 1095-B for 2019 & 2020 (NOT SURE IF THESE HELPED AT ALL WHATSOEVER BUT FIGURED MORE COULDN'T HURT)

Section 3: Proof of Shared Financial Responsibilities

• Copy of Monthly Bank Statement for Joint Checking Account

• March 2020, June 2020, September 2020, December 2020

• March 2021, June 2021, and July 2021

• Car Insurance through Bank

• Car Loan for her car that we were joint on (I made sure I added myself as a joint thinking of her immigration)

• Phone Carrier Phone & Cable Bill (I basically took screenshots of this stuff and made sure it showed the phone carrier, etc)

• His- Primary

• Her- Authorized User

Section 4:  Shared Life Experience Since HER Received 2 Year Conditional Green Card

• Summaries of Pictures in Order of Events by Month/Year with Hard Copies (I LITERALLY WROTE OUT A STORY BOOK AS A TIMELINE OF CERTAIN EVENTS THAT INVOLVED US, AS WELL AS HER AND FAMILY MEMBERS OR ME AND HER FAMILY MEMBERS, ETC..)

Section 5: Plans For The Future

• LIFE INSURANCE INFO THAT SHOWED HER AS MAJORITY

• HER STOCK STATEMENTS WITH HIM AS BENEFICIARY (EVEN IF THEY WERE ZERO OR HAD LESS THAN $20 ON THEM)

• HIS STOCK STATEMENTS WITH HERAS BENEFICIARY (EVEN IF THEY WERE ZERO OR HAD LESS THAN $20 ON THEM)

Thank you SO much! We had submitted a lot of these same things, but your list gave me a few ideas for other things I hadn’t thought of before. We sent in the RFE response on 5/12/23.
I just checked our case status…new card is being produced as of 6/9/23!! 
Thank you for taking the time to detail what you sent. It helped more than you know 😊 

I am so glad this part is over! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Syria
Timeline
  • N400 interview scheduled - April 4, 2023
  • Interview letter received in mail April 10
  • Interview May 10 -  (pending I-751)
  • I- 751 approval May 15
  • N-400 approval May 17
  • Oath ceremony letter sent May 19
  • Oath ceremony letter received May 26
  • Oath ceremony June 2, 12:30

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Just got approved today.

Filed: 8.26.21

RFE: 8.02.23 for not enough evidence.  Sent almost identical info of the packet I sent the first time,  just 2 yrs later. 

Approved: 8.16.23

Good luck everyone that is still waiting! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.